Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Now, if this were some sort of Wolverine healing factor tech thing, allowing to regenerate long-dead tissue from the same DNA... well it's far-fetched but definitely more like actual resurrection. And it begs the question: What about this person's soul/spirit/essence/whatever? Does that come back as well?
    Doesn't that get more into the supernatural than the scientific in regards to Marvel?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Slott is right when he notes the word "clone" is divisive but fails to elaborate that the reason for it is because the use of "clones" is a cheap gimmick that only serves to undermine continuity and in some instances canon for the character. I mean if this storyline resurrects Uncle Ben and further makes the argument that clones are in every sense now the same human being from which they are cloned, then the defining moment that created Spiderman the hero is no longer valid. Same with his failure to save Gwen, or the death of anyone else he's lost along the way.

Slott says that's the way of comic, that everyone can come back. Maybe he's correct but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. In real life death of someone we care about shapes us and there's no do-overs. Marvel's success was based on humanizing their characters to include having them face emotional challenges all of us could relate to. Not anymore, just clone'em.

Cheap, unimaginative, overused garbage.

Yeah, I HATE clones stories....all of 'em...
    "Slott says that's the way of comic, that everyone can come back. Maybe he's correct but that doesn't mean it's a good thing."

Well, from this interview that seems to be the whole point of this storyline: That just because you can do something miraculous, just because you can cheat death in this comic book universe where the impossible is possible, is it a good thing?

This is going to explore the cost of cloning, the ethics of potentially bringing lost loves ones back...not celebrate it or use it to absolve Peter of his guilt. If anything, I'm guessing he'll emerge from this more guilt-ridden than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderOrange View Post
    ....A great piece of comic book advice that I recently heard: Don't let Marvel force you into thinking you have to buy Clone Conspiracy to figure out what's going on it. Buy it because you want to, because you believe in the story. Not because you want to know how the story ends.
    Amen my friend you are preaching to the converted.

Just say no to clones!*

*expect maybe Ben & Kaine
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-18-2016 at 02:35 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Kaine managed 25 issues as well, it was one of the best books about at the time and a fantastic supporting cast.
    I must agree.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I find it interesting that while everyone is debating the whole do these clones have souls nobody has brought up the fact that every resurrected character has appeared completely soul-less with no aspects of their prior personalities.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't all of jackals clones in the past had personalities instead of being drones?

Quote Originally Posted by superiorspidey View Post
    I find it interesting that while everyone is debating the whole do these clones have souls nobody has brought up the fact that every resurrected character has appeared completely soul-less with no aspects of their prior personalities.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't all of jackals clones in the past had personalities instead of being drones?
    Depends. Many of them were mindless and degenerated in a few minutes.

The thing about Jackal's clones is that they were all flawed, so many were degenerate and insane (like Kaine was). Heck, even the "perfect" clone in Ben Reilly degenerated in the end.

Sounds like Jackal's finally perfected the technology based on what Slott's saying? Then again the X-line has had better functioning clones for a long time now, i.e. Madelyne Pryor.

As for "soulless", I mean, technically clones are supposed to be different individuals and they aren't supposed to have memories of the people they are cloned from. That Jackal's clones have memories stems from a misunderstanding of what RNA is (if you read the letter pages of the first Clone Saga)
    Last edited by Probalus; 08-18-2016 at 04:08 PM.

I thught most who came back from the dead remembered what happened and retained their personalities

No, he said he implanted memories, usually to screw with Peter. Sometimes he teases people that they're real, but in the end the Jackal himself said they're not the real deal.

The Inheritors had what appeared to be perfected Clone technology; So much so that they considered themselves immortal. The Inheritors also had numerous Alt-Universe versions of Marvel characters as slaves. Perhaps The Man in Red is an Alt-U Miles Warren.

If an Alt-U Miles Warren was a favored servant of the Inheritor Jennix He might wish to take vengeance upon Peter for His central role in defeating the Inheritors.
    Last edited by Cosmic Spider; 08-18-2016 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Confuscius say: "Man who go to sleep with itchy Hiney, Wakes up with Smelly Finger!
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Spider View Post
    The Inheritors had what appeared to be perfected Clone technology; So much so that they considered themselves immortal. The Inheritors also had numerous Alt-Universe versions of Marvel characters as slaves. Perhaps The Man in Red is an Alt-U Miles Warren.

If an Alt-U Miles Warren was a favored servant of the Inheritor Jennix He might wish to take vengeance upon Peter for His central role in defeating the Inheritors.
    This could work. While most of what they say isn't to be beleived, they have used cloning, and they do interpret the next clone to be the same person, unlike this universe's Jackal.

i dun care

BRING IT
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Spider View Post

In Web Warriors there's this Harry Osborn who steals their multiverse traveling tech. I think that this Harry will figure out in the event.

So first, this Harry was introduced in WW #9. The way he's introduced is very similar to the way Harry is introduced in TASM. Possible foreshadowing?

harry.jpg

The solicit of WW #10 stated that there were some clues about Dead No More in this issue. I re-read it hoping to find Kaine in the background, or something, but the sub-plot with this Harry sticked out for me. First, because the series is ending the very next issue and they have a army of Electros to take care of, so I don't think the whole Harry thing is going to be addressed. Second, because we know that the WW are going to show up in DNM, but why? Why would a guy making clones in a universe where there already a lot of Spider-People would be such a priority to them? Because this version of Harry -who got the Goblin powers, and was bitten by a radioactive spider- is involved in here, and the WW are here to stop him and recover the tech.

Furthermore, during a battle with Noir and Pavitr before his escape, he gets his face injured, revealing that he has green skin under it. So the guy needs to cover up his face. Let's go back to TASM #3 and let's see "Mr. Osborn's" introduction:

osborn.jpg

Could this "Mr. Osborn" actually be this version of Harry? Quite possible. We are also revealed that Osborn has seemingly unlimited access to tech and weapons with ease. Maybe he smuggles all that from AU's?

Now, I'm not sure if this Harry could also be the Jackal. Why would Harry have a specific grudge against 616 Pete? For the Jackal it seems more personal.

There are a few similarities, for instance the business suit, the fact that they're both normal, the deformity of his face would explain the mask, and -as this interview highlights- the way they work. The Jackal is working here like a mob boss. Trying to get "favors" from people and attacking like a gangster would. Which is exactly who Harry is. He is the mastermind of a criminal organization after overthrowing his father.

So maybe the "clones" are not actually clones but people from AU's? Again, I kinda find it to be stretch for Harry to be the Jackal -and this interview does seem to indicate that this IS Miles Warren- but I could see this Harry involved in the event and bringing some multiverse shenanigans to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    So maybe the "clones" are not actually clones but people from AU's? Again, I kinda find it to be stretch for Harry to be the Jackal -and this interview does seem to indicate that this IS Miles Warren- but I could see this Harry involved in the event and bringing some multiverse shenanigans to it.
    My only problem with that is that's they're still not the exact same person, and it's been established that Spider-Man doesn't beleive that. Whether the Jackal doesn, I don't know. I don't think the inheritors beleive that.

So Ben's not coming back (big shock right there), Kaine's not bonded to The Other so he can die for real now -and let's face it, he probably will, and staff confirms these are just glorified clones. Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    In Web Warriors there's this Harry Osborn who steals their multiverse traveling tech. I think that this Harry will figure out in the event.

So first, this Harry was introduced in WW #9. The way he's introduced is very similar to the way Harry is introduced in TASM. Possible foreshadowing?

harry.jpg

The solicit of WW #10 stated that there were some clues about Dead No More in this issue. I re-read it hoping to find Kaine in the background, or something, but the sub-plot with this Harry sticked out for me. First, because the series is ending the very next issue and they have a army of Electros to take care of, so I don't think the whole Harry thing is going to be addressed. Second, because we know that the WW are going to show up in DNM, but why? Why would a guy making clones in a universe where there already a lot of Spider-People would be such a priority to them? Because this version of Harry -who got the Goblin powers, and was bitten by a radioactive spider- is involved in here, and the WW are here to stop him and recover the tech.

Furthermore, during a battle with Noir and Pavitr before his escape, he gets his face injured, revealing that he has green skin under it. So the guy needs to cover up his face. Let's go back to TASM #3 and let's see "Mr. Osborn's" introduction:

osborn.jpg

Could this "Mr. Osborn" actually be this version of Harry? Quite possible. We are also revealed that Osborn has seemingly unlimited access to tech and weapons with ease. Maybe he smuggles all that from AU's?

Now, I'm not sure if this Harry could also be the Jackal. Why would Harry have a specific grudge against 616 Pete? For the Jackal it seems more personal.

There are a few similarities, for instance the business suit, the fact that they're both normal, the deformity of his face would explain the mask, and -as this interview highlights- the way they work. The Jackal is working here like a mob boss. Trying to get "favors" from people and attacking like a gangster would. Which is exactly who Harry is. He is the mastermind of a criminal organization after overthrowing his father.

Well, I think we may all have to get used to the concept that the new MPU is in fact a Multiverse. Jessica, Silk and Spider-Gwen casually go on Extra-Dimensional lunch dates like it's an everyday thing.

It is very clear that Clones are going to be a very big part of this story. However, That doesn't preclude the inclusion of Other-Dimensional Doppelgängers(ODD) as characters in the story.

Your speculations about ODD Harry are quite interesting. I am curious to see how this all plays out.
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

did they explain how the Jackal became human again? i find the human guy wearing a suit and funky Egyptian mask kinda dull.