Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Blue Beetle" Artist Scott Kolins Shows Off Adventurous Ted Kord Design

Jaime Reyes' mentor will have a suit and some gadgets of his own when he returns in this month's "Blue Beetle Rebirth."

Full article here.

I wonder if we will be getting to see Booster at all in this series?
    Pull List: Everything DC. Plus the all of the X-Men books, Deadpool, Invincible, The Walking Dead, and various other titles I can't think of at the moment.

Looking good Ted .

Be neat to see him wear the classic Blue Beetle suit at one point in this book
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkaidswrath View Post
    I wonder if we will be getting to see Booster at all in this series?
    I'd be genuinely shocked if Booster doesn't show up at some point.

Spectacular Member

Support the book. The longer it lasts the, the more likely we will see Booster and a more classic version of Ted's costume.
    Have you pre-ordered Nova yet? I have.

Amazing Member

Looks great! Love the look. When I first heard redesign I was like, eh. But I have to admit. I love it.

Kolins is an awesome artist. Sometimes I haven't been a fan of some of his books...just didn't think he was a good fit. But there are certain books and characters he is amazing for!

Quote Originally Posted by madrox83 View Post
    Support the book. The longer it lasts the, the more likely we will see Booster and a more classic version of Ted's costume.
    Too painful to support a title which, IMO, should be Ted Kord only and wearing his classic costume.
    I'm just hoping Ted isn't reduced to a goofy sidekick.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    Too painful to support a title which, IMO, should be Ted Kord only and wearing his classic costume.

You would hope. Ted should be main character not Jamie Reyes and should be in classic costume.

BANNED

Ghah. Save us from fanboy fetishism.

Ted's alive. He'll adventure. And he's in a role that fits his character. The fake reverence fans have for him is fueled a lot by his death.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post

Ted's alive. He'll adventure. And he's in a role that fits his character. The fake reverence fans have for him is fueled a lot by his death.
    Your comment makes no sense. If Herowatcher has fanboy fetishism how can he also have fake reverence? Ted is a great character and his death only made people realize it because when he died a lot of the hope and optimism of the DCU died with him.
    Pull List: Everything DC. Plus the all of the X-Men books, Deadpool, Invincible, The Walking Dead, and various other titles I can't think of at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post

I know you're not talking to me, because I've been a fan of Ted's before he came to DC and besides JLI...I've bought a lot of books he's been in before his forced death.
    Also, this is not a role that fits his character...IMHO.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

I know you're not talking to me, because I've been a fan of Ted's before he came to DC and besides JLI...I've bought a lot of books he's been in before his forced death.
    Also, this is not a role that fits his character...IMHO.
    You tell him man! But seriously, where Ted has never really been a serious mentor type I am still very excited about his return and what the future has in store for him. I certainly hope there are some fun hijinks along the way.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

This is gonna be a fun book! And yea, would be nice if Ted & Booster eventually teamed-up.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Yeah, I'm hoping to see Booster here at some point. I'm excited to see how Ted and Jaime work together and I think this is going to be a fun ride. I'm over the moon to see Ted back again and frankly he can be a mentor and still have adventures of his own. There's no rule that says he can't do both after all plus Jaime coukd really use the guidance.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-18-2016 at 09:40 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I'm very pro-Ted as Beetle but I have to admit I love this look...it's Ted going all "science hero" which, if he can't wear the tights, is a perfect fit for him.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox83 View Post
    "Supporting" a book with the BB we want as a side character will only lead to more comics with BB as a side character. Boycott the book if you want a proper BB book.