Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    They'll just bench the whole concept and you won't get anything.
    I agree. Boycotting would only show them that fans don't care about Ted at all since they are not willing to put their money where their mouth is. This happens all the time with books. People cry out that they want this or that but then they don't support those books. I like Ted and Jaime so you bet I'm supporting this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Jesus, guys. As much as I sympathize with your admiration of Ted, Jaime is still a great character. I'm glad Ted is gonna be here and act as a a mentor to Jaime.
    Me too.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by alkaidswrath View Post
    well aren't you just a basket of sunshine.
    :d ............
    "Hey, maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe one o' those terrorists'll blow Bats away.
    Nah, never happen.
    Ah, well.. I can dream, can't I...?"- Guy Gardner.

"Corruptus In Extremis"

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaidswrath View Post
    I have never put down Jaime. He is a great character in his own right and deserves to shine here as much as Ted. In fact I don't recall anyone saying anything negative about Jaime at all. The only possible negative comments came from The_Cat(translated from spanish) and they weren't even that negative. The_Cat was just just showing his support for Jaime and saying it could be worse for Ted supports and to be thankful for his return. Or there was Herowatcher(kind of a creepy name) saying he would like to see a Ted solo outing.
    I'm not saying anyone has put him down. What I am seeing though is that Ted Kord fans just want the book to focus solely on Ted Kord, which would suggest forgetting Jaime entirely. I honestly can't say I support that. Even if Jaime came into the role as a result of Ted's death, he is still a character that many fans have embraced and anyone who watched Young Justice would probably say he's the most well-known Blue Beetle. But that doesn't mean that Ted needs to be discounted. Just throw in a mention of Ted's days as Blue Beetle every now and then and establish how Ted is mentoring Jaime to better fill the role.

I'm just happy to get a book with both Blue Beetles, with hopefully both of them being portrayed well, and having them both be active in the DCU.

For now, that's enough for me.

Exclamation

Enough! We are less than one week away from getting Ted Kord and Jaime Reyes back in action - and you're complaining about it? When we've gotten DC to reverse a major error and bring Ted back from the grave?

Seriously?!

I'm a Ted Kord fan, and would love to see him return to his own book one day, wearing an updated version of his classic costume.

I also respect and like Jaime Reyes, especially in the way that John Rogers portrayed him in his first series.

This may be a first step in bringing all the Blue Beetle fans together, with Ted mentoring Jaime. Especially since Jaime has apparently forgotten a lot about his heroic past ...

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    Enough! We are less than one week away from getting Ted Kord and Jaime Reyes back in action - and you're complaining about it? When we've gotten DC to reverse a major error and bring Ted back from the grave?

Seriously?!

I'm a Ted Kord fan, and would love to see him return to his own book one day, wearing an updated version of his classic costume.

I also respect and like Jaime Reyes, especially in the way that John Rogers portrayed him in his first series.

This may be a first step in bringing all the Blue Beetle fans together, with Ted mentoring Jaime. Especially since Jaime has apparently forgotten a lot about his heroic past ...
    Preach .

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Seriously?!

QFT (10 Char)
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Seriously?!

This made me laugh. It's kind of sad that for some people it has to be one or the other when both Beetles are great.
    Pull List: Everything DC. Plus the all of the X-Men books, Deadpool, Invincible, The Walking Dead, and various other titles I can't think of at the moment.

Fantastic Member

I like it. Ted's new look reminds of Tom Strong (one of the science heroes in ABC Comics).

I'm very eager for the start of this. A certain be-hatted internet personality from Minnesota did a long retrospective of the Blue Beetle, and that convinced me to try this out. I'm mainly a a Marvel fan, but I feel bad for not ever giving DC their time of day, so I decided that the first ongoing DC book I'll be reading from the beginning is this Blue Beetle book.

Incredible Member

I am really looking forward to this book. As a fan of both Ted and Jaime this is exciting. At first I didn't know about Ted's look, but you know it is growing on me. I think really think both characters will be done respectfully.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

That's not the Doctor Fate I've been reading about...

I still agree with and would prefer Ted in HIS Blue Beetle costume and Nelson as Doctor Fate.
    Old school.!!
    And would prefer the Charlton's Captain Atom, Nightshade, and The Question to be in the book. But hey, some of you don't agree. Too bad.!!
    DC just will not do it right. So eat it....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
    "Supporting" a book with the BB we want as a side character will only lead to more comics with BB as a side character. Boycott the book if you want a proper BB book.
    Books with supporting characters in them that sells well eventually lead to spin offs. Batwoman, batgirl and several others. Previous bb books have failed to hit the sales mark, with good sales for this book it'll tell DC that Ted is actually still on demand.

I think this book is gonna be great, and I expect equal time and respect for both characters. Giffen clearly loves Ted, it's one of the characters he's most associated with and always returns to. And he co-created Jaime, so I'm sure he will be handled really well also. Just because Ted isn't in his classic costume and starts off in the mentoring role doesn't mean he can't evolve into his more familiar role if given time for it to happen organically.

Both are great characters, and I'm excited to see them working together.They should play off of each other very well and both get a real chance to shine here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I'm very eager for the start of this. A certain be-hatted internet personality from Minnesota did a long retrospective of the Blue Beetle, and that convinced me to try this out. I'm mainly a a Marvel fan, but I feel bad for not ever giving DC their time of day, so I decided that the first ongoing DC book I'll be reading from the beginning is this Blue Beetle book.
    Great choice for a first DC book!

Hope you like it.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 08-18-2016 at 06:05 PM.