Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I'm very eager for the start of this. A certain be-hatted internet personality from Minnesota did a long retrospective of the Blue Beetle, and that convinced me to try this out. I'm mainly a a Marvel fan, but I feel bad for not ever giving DC their time of day, so I decided that the first ongoing DC book I'll be reading from the beginning is this Blue Beetle book.
    Welcome to the party I suppose, I hope you enjoy it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Nice design! I don't usually get excited about ongoings for secondary characters, but I'm very interested in this one. Great creative team, a partnership between a classic hero and a young new creation, everything looks good!

And I agree, enough with the nitpicking and complaining. There's bigger problems at DC to criticize, focus on those.

Woah reading the comments was interesting. My advice is do not let the Jaime/Ted bias cloud you from enjoying the other character. Last thing I want to see is Jaime vs Ted reach the fan war levels of Hal vs John or Barry vs Wally lol. That would not be good for the Blue Beetle franchise.

Looks very pulp-ish.
    I kinda like it.

Of course, it does move him a bit away from being DC's Spider-Man.
    Not that that's a bad thing...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Woah reading the comments was interesting. My advice is do not let the Jaime/Ted bias cloud you from enjoying the other character. Last thing I want to see is Jaime vs Ted reach the fan war levels of Hal vs John or Barry vs Wally lol.That would not be good for the Blue Beetle franchise.
    You mean Hal vs Kyle.

It seems the reason why neither Jaime!Beetle series lasted long was because as far as most readers were concerned, Jaime Reyes was Kyle Rayner to Ted Kord's Hal Jordan.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    You mean Hal vs Kyle.

It seems the reason why neither Jaime!Beetle series lasted long was because as far as most readers were concerned, Jaime Reyes was Kyle Rayner to Ted Kord's Hal Jordan.
    To be fair the second series was horrible and made Jaime into a walking cliche. Even as a fan I couldn't support that title. His first title was really good and lasted longer than any of Ted's solo adventures so I wouldn't compare Ted to Hal when Jaime has been the most successful iteration of Blue Beetle.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaidswrath View Post
    I have never put down Jaime. He is a great character in his own right and deserves to shine here as much as Ted. In fact I don't recall anyone saying anything negative about Jaime at all.
    Oh, I don't know. I think "Boycott the book that returns Ted Kord to the DCU because it doesn't star him, the best Blue Beetle and only one who should have a book" is a pretty negative statement about Jaime - implicitly at least.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I'm very eager for the start of this. A certain be-hatted internet personality from Minnesota did a long retrospective of the Blue Beetle, and that convinced me to try this out. I'm mainly a a Marvel fan, but I feel bad for not ever giving DC their time of day, so I decided that the first ongoing DC book I'll be reading from the beginning is this Blue Beetle book.
    I hope you enjoy the book and welcome.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

You mean Hal vs Kyle.

Well there's that and the whole "Damnnit he's just there becuz affirmative action!" and random slurs part. I remember some of the stuff Jaime got called online when the first book started. I don't think I can repeat them here but it was pretty sad. Same happened with Jason Rusch. So in a way the original poster was right.

We sure that's a gun rather than a blow dryer? Ted likes to keep the hair all styled you know...
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaidswrath View Post
    I have never put down Jaime. He is a great character in his own right and deserves to shine here as much as Ted. In fact I don't recall anyone saying anything negative about Jaime at all. The only possible negative comments came from The_Cat(translated from spanish) and they weren't even that negative. The_Cat was just just showing his support for Jaime and saying it could be worse for Ted supports and to be thankful for his return. Or there was Herowatcher(kind of a creepy name) saying he would like to see a Ted solo outing.
    My name is creepy???
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Yeah this looks a mess for Ted already maybe should have just made this a Jaime book instead of forcing a partnership

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Yeah this looks a mess for Ted already maybe should have just made this a Jaime book instead of forcing a partnership
    I kind of agree. I like Jaime and Ted, but if they were going to bring Ted back they should have gone the full route. As it, it kind of makes both characters seem compromised. It has the makings of a "trying to please both sides and ending up pleasing neither" scenario.

You mean Hal vs Kyle.
    Oh, great, just what the world needs...the return of the rabid fanboys of H.E.A.T. except with Ted as their focus. T.E.A.T.?

Astonishing Member

You mean Hal vs Kyle.

True but in recent years it's just Hal vs john.