Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thanks a bunch for the welcome. This should be an interesting read. From what I know there hasn't quite been something like this dynamic for Blue Beetle before.

I do wonder if Dan Garrett will figure into this one way or another. Looking back on the Blue Beetle ever since the character's start in DC, Dan hasn't ever really been used that much. References here and there and time travel shenanigans, but it honestly has always ever been Ted and Jaime.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Thanks a bunch for the welcome. This should be an interesting read. From what I know there hasn't quite been something like this dynamic for Blue Beetle before.

I do wonder if Dan Garrett will figure into this one way or another. Looking back on the Blue Beetle ever since the character's start in DC, Dan hasn't ever really been used that much. References here and there and time travel shenanigans, but it honestly has always ever been Ted and Jaime.
    You're welcome. It would be nice if there was a homage or at least a mention of Dan Garrett in the book.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-19-2016 at 09:20 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    My name is creepy???
    Okay... this had to be done!

... and I didn't find your name creepy.
    Last edited by Doctor Kent Nelson; 08-20-2016 at 12:31 AM.
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

I have mixed feelings. I grew up reading Ted as BB first at Charlton & later at DC. For me he is the Blue Beetle. Jaime powers, etc are totally different & his book was so far removed from the concept of BB that I didn't enjoy it. But I like Giffen & think he can pair the two together & make it work. Plus it sounds like Dr Fate will be in the book for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post

It's been suggested that part of the motivation to re-focus on the Scarab being magical is to tie-in back to Dan Garrett .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's been suggested that part of the motivation to re-focus on the Scarab being magical is to tie-in back to Dan Garrett .
    I hope you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    We sure that's a gun rather than a blow dryer? Ted likes to keep the hair all styled you know...
    well... i assume ted's bb gun has a "mild" setting and can be used to dry hair...

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Ted looks great, glad to see him and Jamie working together. I hope that we have Dan show up and the fact that we have some magic going on here is very cool. Oh does this mean a Charlton team up in the future? I would love to see that! And I was also thinking of Tom strong when I saw the look, I think it suits Ted in that sense for the start of the series. We may see some more of the costume come back into play. And yes we get The Bug back, even if Jamie is being a little less then enthused, which is odd at least. Hoping for Rebirth version to be more, "Oh that would be cool" .

Happy to see Ted Kord back! I was huge JLI mark. I like seeing him back as a genius inventor since that's one of his aspects that's often ignored. Also bringing in Dan Garrett would be cool since wasn't he Ted's mentor/inspiration except the scarab wouldn't work for Ted?

Also can we wipe Maxwell Lord being an evil mastermind storyline? I hate that twist to my very core.

Cool costume. Maybe when Ted goes in the field he can wear his regular suit whilst this is his casual one. From the look of the Rebirth issue it seems that Ted is trying to encourage Jaime to be a hero whilst Reyes wants to have a normal life. I'm happy to see both working together. If Garrett can be added in some way that would complete it and being the person who found the Scarab. And having Dan actually in the book as a supporting cast member or have Dani Garrett around as his daughter/granddaughter.

Only thing I'm a bit iffy on is making the Scarab magical and not Reachtech. Loved the alien twist in Jaime's run. But I'm going to keep an open mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post

Also can we wipe Maxwell Lord being an evil mastermind storyline? I hate that twist to my very core.
    He is still a villain as of the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    I didn't even know he was around...

The only place Max should be in is the Ninth Circle of Hell ...

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

He showed up in OMAC looking like a rejected Kirby character. I don't know why Maxwell Lord is a villain in the first place. Both times they did it the stories were terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Maybe Rebirth can undo it.