Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

It has been literal years. Can we all just come out and admit Young Justice was a crap show from beginning to end now? It got so much so right (the setup, the animation, the voice-acting, the general aesthetic, the ambition) that, for the same reason I gather a lot of people watched Walking Dead for awhile, I figured it couldn't possibly keep sucking forever. But boy if it didn't find a way until the very last minute to be bland, twee, soulless capital-p Product.

Rest of the list was solid, even if I didn't personally care for all of it. Though Static Shock should've made it in.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    It has been literal years. Can we all just come out and admit Young Justice was a crap show from beginning to end now? It got so much so right (the setup, the animation, the voice-acting, the general aesthetic, the ambition) that, for the same reason I gather a lot of people watched Walking Dead for awhile, I figured it couldn't possibly keep sucking forever. But boy if it didn't find a way until the very last minute to be bland, twee, soulless capital-p Product.
    It was hardly a "crap show" but it wasn't nearly the masterpiece of animation that some seem to want to make it put to be. Personally, I think its "ambition" was ultimately a major factor in its downfall.

I thought, overall, Young Justice was a pretty awesome and impressively crafted cartoon, even if it did take on maybe a little too much at once in season 2.

BANNED

Young Justice is the best written of the DC shows. I know people like to go one like the older DC cartoons are for adults of some reason, but some of that relationship stuff in Justice League is very much kids show, like bad kids show to the point you just wish it wasn't there. This isn't to say Young Justice wasn't a kids show, it's just that when they did relationship stuff it didn't make you wish they never tried.

The big flaw of Young Justice was design wise it's weaker than the good looking Bruce Timm cartoons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dspiderbat View Post
    I sure as heck don't see why not. It was made before TV existed in households, but there were 17 of them, which qualifies as a full season these days. Plus it was referenced twice in the article. Why not include it as arguably #1? And the 60s Filmation stuff deserves a spot as well.
    Because they're short films. There are also only nine Fleischer Superman cartoons.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    The big flaw of Young Justice was design wise it's weaker than the good looking Bruce Timm cartoons.
    That's the first time I've ever heard someone say that.

At the very least, I appreciated the variety of body types in YJ.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    That's the first time I've ever heard someone say that.

At the very least, I appreciated the variety of body types in YJ.
    Yep.

The problem with YJ it tried to do too much with a massive cast and failed in executing.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I've liked all the Batman animated series including the Filmation ones, but I wouldn't put "Beware the Batman" on this list ahead of 2004's "The Batman."

My top 10:

1. Justice League Unlimited
    2. Young Justice
    3. Batman: The Animated Series
    4. Teen Titans
    5. Batman Beyond
    6. Challenge of the Superfriends
    7. Ruby-Spears Superman
    8. Batman: The Brave and the Bold
    9. Legion of Super-Heroes
    10. Aquaman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf1984 View Post
    How did Beware the Batman beat Green Lantern and Teen Titans in the rankings?!!

There's also the Ruby Spears version of Superman and Jeff Matsuda's The Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldy View Post
    Yeah, The Batman 2004 is infinitely better than Beware the Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    "The Batman" was better than Beware the Batman for me. I also loved Legion of Superheroes. That was the show that made me love them in the first place.
    i was starting to think i was the only one who enjoyed "the batman".

also i remember thinking the super powers cartoon was cool(and the toys were awesome) but i don't remember if it was really good or not.

Deadhouse_Gates

My ranked list:

1. Justice League Unlimited
    2. Batman: The Animated Series
    3. Young Justice
    4. Green Lantern: The Animated Series
    5. Teen Titans
    6. Batman Beyond
    7. Superman: The Animated Series
    8. Batman: The Brave and the Bold
    9. Static Shock
    10. Legion of Super Heroes

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Yep.

The problem with YJ it tried to do too much with a massive cast and failed in executing.
    I'd disagree. It really wasn't different than the transition from JL to JLU. It helped that most of the focus went to the leads we followed from the first season, while everyone else was a side character aside from Blue Beetle and Impulse.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

All-New Member

Beware the Batman was a terrific series. I would even argue that it's better than the Timm-verse, which, as much as I might like it, is incredibly uneven. I'd say only about 1/4 of the 300 or so episodes of the DCAU (Batman, Superman, Batman Beyond, and Justice League) were any good. There were a lot of filler episodes in the DCAU that are a chore to get through.

All-New Member

I loved Beware the Batman, too.

All-New Member

I think most people missed what they were trying to do with Beware The Batman. It was a re-telling of the Batman Earth One comic book with Bruce Wayne just starting out as Batman, learning the ropes of how to be the caped crusader and getting fighting tips from Alfred who is helping Bruce with his training to become Batman.
    I agree. I think this is also why a lot of fanboys had issues with BvS which also presented a different Batman than the classic (and frankly long in the tooth) version we've been getting since The Dark Knight Returns.

1. Batman: The Animated Series
    2. Superman: The Animated Series
    3. Justice League/Justice League Unlimited
    4. Batman Beyond
    5. The Fleischer Superman Cartoons

6. Batman: The Brave and the Bold
    7. Young Justice

Everything in bold was phenomenal. Young Justice and Batman: The Brave and the Bold were alright. Nothing to write home about. The rest... aren't worth mentioning.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I'm surprised at the amount of shade being thrown at Young Justice around here. What exactly about it don't you like?