Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Jacob hates Thomas Wayne(Because Gotham is Gotham) for the death of his sisters and years later wants revenge on his son..

Cass is awake. Tim has plans... the reason of bluebird here in the near future? Maybe So... Batman not know this... the best detective in the world does not know the plans of his partner? I doubt it..

Steph is right.. he can disappoint his master.

I agree with you. It's weird to see Bruce doesn't know anything about Tim plans. Perhaps the conversation of Bruce with Tim in the issue # 935 and the new RR suit was a way to manipulate him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    He has access to money sure but does he actually have training for this? Batman trained him for a year or two, in that time he managed to teach him several martial arts disciplines, CSI techniques, piloting military level aircraft and some how managed to teach him to make robots so advanced they can make a hideout more impressive than the Batcave. Is this all while Tim was leading the Teen Titans?
    It is at least possible that Tim has such a training.

Personally I prefer in general the Batfamily to be more "low tech" and down to earth, roughly the level they had from 70s till Morrisons run in the comics, or in the DCAU. Im not a fan of all this new high tech stuff and would actually prefer if Bruce had people (like Harold, Kirk Langstrom or Geoffrey Barron(=Technocrat)) that do mist of the tech and science stuff for him than doing it by him self. I actually don't even like that they changed Lucius Fox into a tech guy, since being CEO of Wayne Enterprises is probably already to much work for him to be able to build all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    It is at least possible that Tim has such a training.

Personally I prefer in general the Batfamily to be more "low tech" and down to earth, roughly the level they had from 70s till Morrisons run in the comics, or in the DCAU. Im not a fan of all this new high tech stuff and would actually prefer if Bruce had people (like Harold, Kirk Langstrom or Geoffrey Barron(=Technocrat)) that do mist of the tech and science stuff for him than doing it by him self. I actually don't even like that they changed Lucius Fox into a tech guy, since being CEO of Wayne Enterprises is probably already to much work for him to be able to build all that stuff.
    I pretty much agree with the above. With time comes change, which is what we're seeing now. And with the Bat-Fam being as crowded as it is these days it's no wonder they're pushing one of Batman's allies to be highly advanced with tech, another way to show differences in their skill sets.

He has access to money sure but does he actually have training for this? Batman trained him for a year or two, in that time he managed to teach him several martial arts disciplines, CSI techniques, piloting military level aircraft and some how managed to teach him to make robots so advanced they can make a hideout more impressive than the Batcave. Is this all while Tim was leading the Teen Titans?
    Don't forget, in addition to all that, at the tender age of 16, Tim has already:

-Become an Olympic level gymnast
    -Established himself as one of the world's best hackers
    -Completed the advanced engineering training needed to design bullet trains
    -Become an unlicensed architect, with the years of training that requires
    -Overseen the construction of the Belfry and his hidden network of underground trains
    -Invented self-healing buildings previously unknown in the DC universe

All this while finding time to adventure with Batman, lead the Titans, bed at least three girls and complete high school way early. Considering most of this would have been in the last two years, that's saying something. There's nothing this kid can't do!

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    There's nothing this kid can't do!
    To have a dinosaur...Oh wait... Batman already has one. Maybe with time...

BANNED

One Batgod is more than enough for me. I felt the same way when Harper Row defeated Jim Gordons Batman in B&RE and let's be honest, if Harper pulled all the stunts Tim has lately we'd all be screaming "Mary Sue". Tim seems to get a pass because of nostalgia.
    You really need to look up mary sue, it does not mean what you think it means. As to Tim being better than Bruce at the cerebral stuff, this was a thing before flashpoint. They have just taken it a step further.
    He has both the training and the intellect to put the stuff together. Also i really dont get whats so amazing about having another 2-3 sheats of glass to replace a broken one, its doable in real life with little technology. Neither do i see the problem with small robots cleaning the room, it really is grounded in reality or what well have in a few years.

In eternal Tim literally designed a living house with multiple defenses and that was a hell of a lot more unbelivable than anything hes done in Tec. And its still a lot more believable than what batman does on every issue.

As i said before, i dislike this Tim, but i see no problem with him doing what he does with the amount of tech and information he has access to.

We have cass being as good or better than batman in a fight, and we have dick being so good at acrobatic movements that he would probably get the gold medal in many events for eternity if he ever went to the olympics. But somehow someone being established as a genius inventor (new 52 Tim in a nutshell) that has both the intelligence and resources to pull it off is somehow wrong?

BANNED

Don't forget, in addition to all that, at the tender age of 16, Tim has already:

-Become an Olympic level gymnast
    -Established himself as one of the world's best hackers
    -Completed the advanced engineering training needed to design bullet trains
    -Become an unlicensed architect, with the years of training that requires
    -Overseen the construction of the Belfry and his hidden network of underground trains
    -Invented self-healing buildings previously unknown in the DC universe

All this while finding time to adventure with Batman, lead the Titans, bed at least three girls and complete high school way early. Considering most of this would have been in the last two years, that's saying something. There's nothing this kid can't do!
    And yet this all pales in comparison to tony stark, reed richards, T`challa, toymaster, lex luthor, ray palmer captain midnight, Mr Terrific, And plenty of other smart heroes acomplishments, those guys blur the line between technology and magic, Tim made a train and some self repairing windows.
    Plus the fact that even weakest super powers can trump most of the things in the list.

The problem is here is that this is not the Tim we knew and want to read about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lhynn View Post
    And yet this all pales in comparison to tony stark, reed richards, T`challa, toymaster, lex luthor, ray palmer captain midnight, Mr Terrific, And plenty of other smart heroes acomplishments, those guys blur the line between technology and magic, Tim made a train and some self repairing windows.
    Plus the fact that even weakest super powers can trump most of the things in the list.

The problem is here is that this is not the Tim we knew and want to read about.
    Those dudes are grown-ups, with the time and training to make their accomplishments at least semi-plausible.

BANNED

Those dudes are grown-ups, with the time and training to make their accomplishments at least semi-plausible.
    What? tony stark was revolutionizing the industry at 16, toymaster is probably 17. Everyone of them is literally creating magical devices.

Self repairing glass is almost a reality nowadays, this means actually glass that puts itself together (yes theres a research field dedicated to this), not spare glass sheets that install themselves like we see in the comic (this is doable easily even today). Drones cleaning the place is also a reality today.

We are talking really mundane stuff. Granted, takes some studying to get done, but his is a genious level intellect so this is more than doable. You guys are really overreacting with stuff that either has been widely available for years or will be in a few short years, when discussing a super hero comic book, where the one that did it is a genious with almost unlimited resources and information at his disposal, who does not sleep.

I know you guys love to overreact to small things, but this is ridiculous.

What? tony stark was revolutionizing the industry at 16, toymaster is probably 17. Everyone of them is literally creating magical devices.

Self repairing glass is almost a reality nowadays, this means actually glass that puts itself together (yes theres a research field dedicated to this), not spare glass sheets that install themselves like we see in the comic (this is doable easily even today). Drones cleaning the place is also a reality today.

We are talking really mundane stuff. Granted, takes some studying to get done, but his is a genious level intellect so this is more than doable. You guys are really overreacting with stuff that either has been widely available for years or will be in a few short years, when discussing a super hero comic book, where the one that did it is a genious with almost unlimited resources and information at his disposal, who does not sleep.

I know you guys love to overreact to small things, but this is ridiculous.
    We'll all have different standards for what's plausible in a superhero universe. The current SuperTim doesn't come close, in my book. Of your list, I'll give you Toymaster. But he's brilliant at one thing. Tim, on the other hand, gets to be a prodigy at whatever the story demands. That's lame.

It's like if you permanently gave Batman all of Superman's powers as well. That might happen in their fantastic world, but, from a storytelling perspective, it would diminish the character dramatically.

BANNED

We'll all have different standards for what's plausible in a superhero universe. The current SuperTim doesn't come close, in my book. Of your list, I'll give you Toymaster. But he's brilliant at one thing. Tim, on the other hand, gets to be a prodigy at whatever the story demands. That's lame.

It's like if you permanently gave Batman all of Superman's powers as well. That might happen in their fantastic world, but, from a storytelling perspective, it would diminish the character dramatically.
    Except Tim lost all of his skills, they were replaced with being an inventor.

Before flashpoint he was far more dangerous than what we have now.

BANNED

Except Tim lost all of his skills, they were replaced with being an inventor.

Before flashpoint he was far more dangerous than what we have now.
    Thank you. Designing a bunch of cool gadgets and stuff is nothing compared to the independent tactical genius he had become in Red Robin. If we get that version of Tim back after all this, it will be worth it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Thank you. Designing a bunch of cool gadgets and stuff is nothing compared to the independent tactical genius he had become in Red Robin. If we get that version of Tim back after all this, it will be worth it.

Lets take a minute to mourn what we lost.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Remove Lynx and I'm with you on that. My issue with killing him is again, what's the point? So you can dump him in the L-pit and pop goes his memories of the past? Why not make it far more interesting in that he start finding weird fluxs in the records of tech and history in the systems. I just don't like this idea at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Remove Lynx and I'm with you on that. My issue with killing him is again, what's the point? So you can dump him in the L-pit and pop goes his memories of the past? Why not make it far more interesting in that he start finding weird fluxs in the records of tech and history in the systems. I just don't like this idea at all.
    It can be both. He gets his memories back from the pit, but no one else believes what he's saying, and then he's like "no, look, I'll prove it" and then finds those fluxes.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)