Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I hope the death is brutal. Like something out of Mortal Kombat, mwhahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    It needs to be distinct. Like, falling to his death Hans Gruber style after being... I won't go into further details. But a massive heroic moment (saving all of Gotham, or just the 'Tec cast) followed by brutally heartbreaking death is how this should play out.
    If they go for it, it has to top the last Robin death, which is hard since Damian went down trying to save the entire world from a doomsday device while screaming cowards and spitting his own blood in the eye of a unstoppable monster that stomped all over him (and Batman), as he was shot full of bullets and arrows, then run through with a giant sword.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    If they go for it, it has to top the last Robin death, which is hard since Damian went down trying to save the entire world from a doomsday device while screaming cowards and spitting his own blood in the eye of a unstoppable monster that stomped all over him (and Batman), as he was shot full of bullets and arrows, then run through with a giant sword.
    Saving Gotham from the Colony and fighting a little while mortally wounded should be enough. And doing something cerebral that doesn't involve hacking. I think he'll be more heroic post-resurrection than he or Damien ever were. If he dies at all, that is.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I said before, i dont think hes dying. And it boggles my mind how easily everone is believeing it lol. Steph mad probably has to do with Bats being a douche lol

Tim isn't going to bite it. It's all a red herring.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I said before, i dont think hes dying. And it boggles my mind how easily everone is believeing it lol. Steph mad probably has to do with Bats being a douche lol
    So true.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Tim has become pretty insufferable. He's smarter than Batman, a better computer user than Oracle, and more grounded than Nightwing. And we still don't know his real name in this universe, do we? At least when Batman was the Bat-god he was flawed in his arrogance and confidence in his abilities, and he had a reason for it after having his mind wiped by Zatanna. This Tim Drake is just over-competant for over-competance's sake. The comparison with Harper is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Why do fans always bring up WG? She's has so many great moments. (don't mean to pick on you miller)
    Probably because it was maybe the worst thought-out, worst-scripted, worst-executed large Batman story of the past few decades, and how Stephanie was handled in it was one of its biggest flaws. The character still hasn't recovered.

Extraordinary Member

I'd say WG also gets a bad rap from being the first really bad Bat-family crossover after a long string of pretty good ones; the quality of Knoghtfall through Officer Down was pretty good if not excellent, and WG simply wasn't up to par. And then they threw in a tarnishing of both Steph and Leslie Thompkins at the end.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by rpi View Post
    Tim has become pretty insufferable. He's smarter than Batman, a better computer user than Oracle, and more grounded than Nightwing. And we still don't know his real name in this universe, do we? At least when Batman was the Bat-god he was flawed in his arrogance and confidence in his abilities, and he had a reason for it after having his mind wiped by Zatanna. This Tim Drake is just over-competant for over-competance's sake. The comparison with Harper is spot on.
    i dread to think how some people would react if it were Harper building a self-healing belfry and hacking every single one of the Colony's drones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpi View Post
    He was always smarter than batman and a better computer user than oracle, also far more grounded than nightwing tho. But hes nowhere near a "god".
    All weve seen him do is use real world technology to solve comicbook problems in a way any tech savvy dude would in 2016.

We saw over 20 years of growth in those areas with Tim. The problem isnt that hes too capable, the problem is that on top of that Tim used to be a pretty likable guy, as good a detective as bruce with great feats under his belt, a tactical genius and a great leader, on top of being able to understand and manipulate people on a level i dont think weve seen in DC outside of super powers and a long list of etcs.

None of this came out of his ass, he paid his dues for every single skill he mastered, for every friendship he made.

It may come as a surprise that "Tim is so OP" to one that hasnt read or wasnt paying attention to the comics, but all of it was explained and built over the course of his Robin, Young Justice, Teen titans and Red Robin runs, very slowly. As he started as the weakest member of the batfamily, and the weakest robin even.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lhynn View Post
    a better computer user than oracle
    I'm pretty much on board with all of these except the "better than Oracle" thing. Where do we see Tim being better than Oracle?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm pretty much on board with all of these except the "better than Oracle" thing. Where do we see Tim being better than Oracle?
    He was already hacking the DEA when he was 14, and he was doing it on a borrowed computer in the middle of the countryside.
    Oracle had an oraclecave with an equipment worth millions and a hotline to every relevant person in the world. And she started learning when she was far older.
    Only person i believe was better than him was lonnie machin.

But i could be wrong, ive barely read the minimum of birds of prey i could stomach, i definitely wasnt the target audience.

Extraordinary Member

He was already hacking the DEA when he was 14, and he was doing it on a borrowed computer in the middle of the countryside.
    IIRC it was a quite good Computer he bought (he was quite rich back than).

And Oracle had much more impressive hacking feats in her book than Tim is his.

And she started learning when she was far older.
    Thats hard to say since her beeing good with Computers was retcon, back when she was introduced hacking wasn't really a thing in comics.

BANNED

Dont have a problem with Tim being super smart, though no way is DC ever going to allow him to be smarter than Batman. Tynions problem is that he cant write actually smart characters, smart characters depend on smart writers. An idiot or fanboy's attempt at a smart character=turn character in to plot device or have the story tell you repeatedly that the character is smart or both. Sure Tim is smart but I dont see brilliance which the character is clearly striving to achieve, that is accomplished by sophisticated writing. The type of writing Tim is getting is the same writing Harper was getting, it's not Tynion writing a character, merely substituting cliches from one character to another.
    Now I'm actually quite interested in seeing Tynion writing Tim+ Harper or Cass+ Strix or Jason+ Damian simultaneously. We have seen a bit of Harper+ Tim by Tynion and as I recall Tim was nowhere near as smart or special as he is here. It was Harper then who was hacking Hatter tech and the tech of that Russian guy who taught Bruce while Tim ogled along.
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 08-24-2016 at 11:54 PM.

Tim is showing to be on par with Cyborg when its comes to hacking wizardry. Tims intelligent and adeptness with computers has become a device to have him pull convenient problem solving technology out his butt and beat opponents with button pushes. This is not natural progression, this is not Tim being smart, this them getting carried away and turning a character into a walking deus ex machina.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-25-2016 at 12:31 AM.