Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I miss him dumbduck...
    Me too, man. We got to stop BS like this when we can.

Truth started so well. And the guy was a real journalist, who studied for it.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Nice defining character moments for new 52 Clark Kent.

Yeah, the fallacy is going to be used, but needs to be stomped right the hell out, that New 52 Superman lasting only five years meant he didn't work (Truth didn't work, but A, it was a storyline, not synonymous with the character as a whole, and B, it wasn't even intended to work, it was designed to end him as they already knew this Superman was being replaced). That's NOT why the era ended. The era ended because of an overrule in which the character was given an edict to get a son. That's it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-18-2016 at 06:34 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    For you, Taywsift.
    can you stop spamming the thread? it isn't about new 52, it has zero to do with new 52. get over it, posting few good moments won't save him from being a disaster

also snyder superman is a social crusader, you probably doesn't know because didn't watched the movie

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, the fallacy is going to be used, but needs to be stomped right the hell out, that New 52 Superman lasting only five years meant he didn't work (Truth didn't work, but A, it was a storyline, not synonymous with the character as a whole, and B, it wasn't even intended to work, it was designed to end him as they already knew this Superman was being replaced). That's NOT why the era ended. The era ended because of an overrule in which the character was given an edict to get a son. That's it.
    whole new 52 didn't worked. use truth as a gateway won't work
    Last edited by Tayswift; 08-18-2016 at 06:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

How does making him a killer make him "relatable"? How does giving him a dark costume make him "relatable"? Or making him standoffish to his fellow man? What really happened was WB saw the money a dark Batman drew in and thought it applies to everyone. It doesn't. Let's just put all our cards on the table: WB keeps giving Superman to people who want to be working with Batman. We saw it with cartoons in the nineties and we're seeing it today with the movies.
    Assassinate Putin!

Oh boy...this lady and her comments...my blood is beginning to boil.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    How does making him a killer make him "relatable"? How does giving him a dark costume make him "relatable"? Or making him standoffish to his fellow man? What really happened was WB saw the money a dark Batman drew in and thought it applies to everyone. It doesn't. Let's just put all our cards on the table: WB keeps giving Superman to people who want to be working with Batman. We saw it with cartoons in the nineties and we're seeing it today with the movies.
    My problem with this Superman is that he doesn't do ANYTHING.

Its not worth it. That's the aim of trolls.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its not worth it. That's the aim of trolls.
    why I am a troll? it wasn't me that spammed the thread with a off topic subject

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    why I am a troll? it wasn't me that spammed the thread with a off topic subject
    Not offtopic. 2 diferent posters were comparing Snyder Supes to Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Not offtopic. 2 diferent posters were comparing Snyder Supes to Superman.
    1. it is offtopic, it says snyder's superman not new 52 superman.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I just want better dialogue and less clunky plot points. (I watched Batman and Wonder Woman agree that Doomsday was more portable than a spear.) I actually am a Zack Snyder fan. His zombie movie, 300, Watchmen, and the Superman movies. I do think his Superman movies are more flawed than his other movies, but I like them more. Superman was always relatable. Even if he's in another dimension talking to alien gods, I always felt like Superman was representing all of us in those situations. I wish Zack Snyder could could direct with a better director. All of Snyder's movies look better than your average Superhero movie. Plus, it's great to see Superman back on film. I need more Man of Tomorrow stuff. He doesn't seem at all comfortable with the Kryptonan past.. Except when Jir El was around. Jor El is the real optimist in those movies, plus his viewpoint is unambiguous and not self conflicted. That's what's different about this Superman. He seems so ill at ease being Superman.
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 08-18-2016 at 07:03 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    For years, people have hated on Superman for not being relateable.

Now, the Snyders do a less than perfect attempt at making him so, and the tune changes. "He was never supposed to be relateable, he's meant to be better than us, and light in tone, etc." Nobody, fanbase or professional creators, know what the hell they want out of this character, and it's no surprise that everything about him and his property is so divisive right now.

For my part, I had no trouble empathizing with Clark in this, even in the butchered theatrical cut where most of his scenes got cut. I also generally take offense to people calling him a whiner or depressive mope just for being more introverted than a lot of other portrayals. I'm an introvert, but just because I don't smile like an idiot or make a big speech every 5 minutes, it doesn't mean I'm depressed. The way people go on about him, you'd think DCEU Clark was basically Kirsten Dunst in Melancholia: just lying in bed all day, refusing to bathe and telling Lois that her plans are pieces of shit.
    And the whole time, I was saying, "Don't try to make him relatable. Just give him human relationships." And "You really don't need the audiences who think Superman Returns needs more punching."

You're faulting people for being inconsistent when there have been two viewpoints (or more) all along.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Narciso View Post
    To me, superhero movies are so much better when they respect the spirit of the comic they're based on. Yes, Superman has been published for more than 70 years, and there have been all kinds of stories with varied tone, but the majority of the stories, the "iconic" takes, have been of a hopeful, inspirational, relatively light-hearted superhero. It's not that all superhero stories should be light and fun, it's just that Superman should be light and fun. If they get around to making a Miracleman movie or a Planetary movie, then yeah, I'd like it to be dark. Likewise with the Wilds Cards TV show that is in the making. But Superman should not be gritty. Even so, a dark, gritty Superman movie COULD work, it's just that it is an uphill battle, going against the spirit of the franchise, but it might work. It's just that in addition to being gritty, the movies also were immature and pseudo-philosophical. It's an angry teenager view of what is gritty.
    I don't agree that Superman's best works are lighthearted. All-Star Superman might be an exception, but I'd say that in a huge chunk of Superman's classics, he's harrowed by philosophical questions and pondering his purpose.

Last edited by Lightning Rider; 08-18-2016 at 07:09 PM.

How can you say that? How? Why are you so desperate to cling to lies?

And 7:12

Explain how that's nothing. Explain yourself.