Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default What If There Was a Kree Civil War?

With all of the intergalactic wars that have occurred in the Marvel Universe, I'm surprised that not once did the Kree Empire had experience a conflict within themselves. From what I've heard, the Kree are a bunch of militiartistic and imperialistic warmongers. I'm inclined to believe that there are Kree who feel oppressed by the Empire's current regime, but out of fear of retaliation, they couldn't or wouldn't say anything.

If he were still alive, I'd like to think that Mar-Vell would've led a uprising against the forces of the Supreme Intelligence, Ronan the Accuser, and the entire Kree military. It'd also make for a for an interesting company-wide crossover, don't you think? Maybe the Avengers, Fantastic Four and the Guardians of the Galaxy get involve, considering their connections to the Kree.

Mighty Member

Whichever side had Tanalth the Pursuer would win.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

To be honest, it will be like a Skrull Civil War or a Atlantian Civil War.With a few exceptions there's not enough characters that are well known or well liked enough that people will have much interest in it.

Incredible Member

They've had revolts before, notably among the Blue and minority Pink Kree populations. Englehart's run on Silver Surfer, in particular, featured a storyline in which- after the Supreme Intelligence was rendered incapable of ruling- the Pink Kree, backed by the Cotati, revolted and overthrew the Blue Kree leadership on Hala (and installed one of the silliest characters as their leader, blah).

Pretty sure Ronan has overthrown the Supreme Intelligence on more than one occasion as well, only to have things come back around to the status quo eventually. Heck, come to think of it, one of the earliest Captain Mar-Vell storylines involved the Blue Purists (led by Ronan and Zarek) plotting to overthrow the Supreme Intelligence, although that later was revealed to be a Xanatos Gambit initiated by the SI (it usually is somehow).

The rationale behind the Kree keeping the peace internally has usually been that the Supreme Intelligence kept them in line. But given how little we see of anything other than Earth, there is no particular reason to think that there may not have been territorial secessions, internal disputes, etc over the vast swathe of history of the Kree Empire.

Whether it would impact the Earth for any particular reason? That's a harder sell. The only time I can think of offhand where there was any reason to involve Earth were the aforementioned Ronan/Zarek/Lunatic Legion stories in Captain Marvel, and a later (and different) Lunatic Legion in v.3 of the Avengers and some related titles involving a group of Kree that had been disenfranchised and seeking revenge after the aftermath of Galactic Storm.

Niffleheim

What Kree Empire? Wasn't Hala destroyed by Mister Knife during the BlacK Vortex? (i've yet to read this event btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    To be honest, it will be like a Skrull Civil War or a Atlantian Civil War.With a few exceptions there's not enough characters that are well known or well liked enough that people will have much interest in it.
    Secret Invasion was a skrull Civil War. Criti Noll was basically a political/religious fugitive from the more militaristic Skrull culture.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    What Kree Empire? Wasn't Hala destroyed by Mister Knife during the BlacK Vortex? (i've yet to read this event btw)

[IMG]https://shadowandflamewithmagik.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/guardians-of-the-galaxy-v3-25-hala-gone.jpg]
    Noh-varr said that he was starting the new kree empire on Earth or something. and Minerva seems to be pissing off some Kree higher-ups with her genetic inhuman experiments.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Noh-varr said that he was starting the new kree empire on Earth or something. and Minerva seems to be pissing off some Kree higher-ups with her genetic inhuman experiments.
    Where can I find all this?

Where can I find all this?
    last issue of his original mini-series. but a lot has changed since then, as well.

The Minerva stuff was in Captain Marvel # 7; out recently.

"It was later discovered that Minerva's research is not being sanctioned by the Kree Empire. Doctor Minerva is forced to abandon her plan when Spider-Man threatens to inform Kree-Lar of her illegal activities"
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 08-18-2016 at 07:33 PM.

Niffleheim

I dropped Captain Marvel but i'll have to pick up that issue. Thanks. BTW when you say original mini-series do you mean the Kree-Skrull War?

I dropped Captain Marvel but i'll have to pick up that issue. Thanks. BTW when you say original mini-series do you mean the Kree-Skrull War?
    no, the Marvel Boy series.

the Captain Marvel/Minerva stuff is more relevant, though. Minerva was scared of some Kree ruling council.

BANNED

What Kree Empire? Wasn't Hala destroyed by Mister Knife during the BlacK Vortex?
    Mr Knife? I guess all the good names really have been taken. I'm now looking forward to his henchmen Ms Fork and Spoon Boy and Cruel Cruet Set

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Whichever side had Tanalth the Pursuer would win.
    I thought the Kree eternal guy, Stellerax I think his name, is was the seriously overpowered Kree super agent.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

They just had one not long ago when Ronan took over from the high Council and executed them all for crimes against the Kree people. Then they had the Inhumans come in and take over the entire empire right before their war with the Sh'iar.

And then in one stupid move Marvel let Hickman come in and hit the magic reset button and undue everything.

Incredible Member

Whatever happened to the Ruul? Seemed that they disappeared almost as soon as they debuted.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    no, the Marvel Boy series.

the Captain Marvel/Minerva stuff is more relevant, though. Minerva was scared of some Kree ruling council.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    Mr Knife? I guess all the good names really have been taken. I'm now looking forward to his henchmen Ms Fork and Spoon Boy and Cruel Cruet Set
    lol! I like these names