Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    "It was later discovered that Minerva's research is not being sanctioned by the Kree Empire. Doctor Minerva is forced to abandon her plan when Spider-Man threatens to inform Kree-Lar of her illegal activities"
    I'm sure they explain it better in the actual issue, but that synopsis makes me laugh. What, does Pete have Ronan the Accuser on speed dial? How exactly was he going to tattle on Minerva?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    Whatever happened to the Ruul? Seemed that they disappeared almost as soon as they debuted.
    I don't think the intent of the whole Ruul gambit was for that name to stick; they were just using it along with their new appearance and abilities to trick everyone else in the universe into thinking they were some other spacefaring race.

In any event, much as I love KB and RS's writing, I think that whole Ruul storyline was pretty bad. I liked the idea of Maximum Security, but the notion that the Kree could pass them off as a completely heretofore unknown alien race, get themselves placed onto an intergalactic council, and convince said council to turn against the Earth so easily and quickly was a bit far-fetched. Granted, I think (and KB/RS had a good point) there was ample artillery for convincing the various aliens that Earthlings were dangerous, but I'd have found that idea far more palatable had it originated with existing races putting their heads together and coming up with the notion.

Plus, turning the Kree into yet another shapeshifting conquest-minded alien race just felt like a rehash of the Skrulls. I'm glad that part of things was undone.

Again, though, Maximum Security as a concept was pretty good, and there were a lot of good stories that came out of it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    I thought the Kree eternal guy, Stellerax I think his name, is was the seriously overpowered Kree super agent.
    I think you're thinking of Ultimus. Shatterax was the cyborg of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    What Kree Empire? Wasn't Hala destroyed by Mister Knife during the BlacK Vortex? (i've yet to read this event btw)

They have dozens of other Kree inhabited planets so one less shouldn't matter.

Oh and the black vortex event is rubbish.

Mighty Member

The Kree empire is notably in a non-correct state.

Hala very much is still destroyed, along with the SI. The kree are now factioned, much like the Skrulls once were. (Carol's current series make specific note of this.)

Also Noh-Varr has nothing to do with 616 Kree, he's an interdimensional Kree. His desired Kree empire has to do with that Kree iteration, not the one that exists in the main universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    I think you're thinking of Ultimus. Shatterax was the cyborg of the team.
    That's the one! Thanks for the correction I just couldn't bring him to mind fully.

BANNED

Avengers #134 Apr 1975
    "The Times That Bind!"
    Continuing from last issue... Mantis, Thor, Iron Man and Hawkeye
    continue to learn the early history of the Kree and Cotati races.
    How the Cotati survived the genocide created by the Kree,
    and that a pacifist sect of the Kree called the Priests of Pama were formed

and would eventually care for the now immobile Cotati.

Elsewhere the Vision continues to see the history of the Human Torch.
    How a nuclear bomb explosion soon was bringing the Torch's life to an end,
    and so after one last mission with his partner Toro,
    went out to the desert where his flame finally burned out of control and his body was lost.

Back on Earth, Moondragon has arrived at Avengers Mansion, answering the Avengers summons of Captain Mar-Vell.
    Upon her arrival she learns that the other Avengers were last seen in Viet Nam.
    When trying to get the Scarlet Witch to help, the Witch instead attacks
    Moon Dragon to a standstill before returning to her room to study magic further.

Back in time, Vision sees recent history where the Mad Thinker came across the body
    of the Human Torch and repaired it and used it as a weapon against his foes the Fantastic Four,
    putting the android Human Torch up against his successor, the young Johnny Storm.
    A battle that eventually saw the defeat of the Mad Thinker and the Human Torch android,
    which was left behind in the Thinkers lab and presumed dead.

While the other Avengers learn of the Priests exile from Hala,

and their discovery of the creature known as Star Stalker,
    and how they used their knowledge on how to defeat the Stalker
    to appeal to the Supreme Intelligence to allow them to travel the universe
    and setup on planets likely to be targets of the Star Stalker,

using the time back on Hala to collect the Cotati of Hala and transplant them on different worlds.

After this final revelation is made the Avengers are returned to Viet Nam where they are
    informed by Libra and the spectre of Swordsman that the coming of the Celestial Madonna is neigh.

Script by Steve Englehart. Art by Sal Buscema (layouts) and Joe Staton (finishes).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrime114 View Post
    If he were still alive, I'd like to think that Mar-Vell would've led a uprising against the forces of the Supreme Intelligence, Ronan the Accuser, and the entire Kree military.
    In place of the comicbook character Mar-Vell, I find this to be the calling for the comicbook character Ultragirl..

The Kree need their own Imperial Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrime114 View Post
    With all of the intergalactic wars that have occurred in the Marvel Universe, I'm surprised that not once did the Kree Empire had experience a conflict within themselves. From what I've heard, the Kree are a bunch of militiartistic and imperialistic warmongers. I'm inclined to believe that there are Kree who feel oppressed by the Empire's current regime, but out of fear of retaliation, they couldn't or wouldn't say anything.

If he were still alive, I'd like to think that Mar-Vell would've led a uprising against the forces of the Supreme Intelligence, Ronan the Accuser, and the entire Kree military. It'd also make for a for an interesting company-wide crossover, don't you think? Maybe the Avengers, Fantastic Four and the Guardians of the Galaxy get involve, considering their connections to the Kree.
    Something like that actually happened in the animated series "Earth Mightiest Heroes". Remember that Captain Marvel does not die of cancer in it.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Why was this two-year old thread bumped again?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

They had a civil war during Operation Galactic Storm but it resulted in the Kree Empire being absorbed into the Shi'ar Empire. I haven't read Marvel for over a decade but it sounds like the Kree are no longer under Shi'ar rule

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Why was this two-year old thread bumped again?
    It’s what that poster does. This one is hardly the first or oldest thread that has been bumped in recent weeks.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

I like this bumped thread. It informs me that the Cotati and Priests will be a strong presence in Empyre coming up. But I’d like to know who is the General of this Cotati revenge takeover?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    They had a civil war during Operation Galactic Storm but it resulted in the Kree Empire being absorbed into the Shi'ar Empire. I haven't read Marvel for over a decade but it sounds like the Kree are no longer under Shi'ar rule
    The Inhumans actually took over the Kree Empire after the Secret Invasion crossover. Crystal even married Ronan to help cement those ties. They latter fought a war with Shi'ar when Cyclops younger brother Vulcan was head of that Empire. That was in the War of Kings crossover. The Inhumans being in charge of the Kree Empire was actually pretty interesting and a great new direction for the Inhumans, but then Hickman came over in the FF book and reset it all back to the same boring status quo again.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 05-16-2020 at 11:47 AM.