Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default LOOK: First Photo of Jason O'Mara as New "Agents of SHIELD" Director

The name of Jason O'Mara's "Agents of SHIELD" character hasn't yet been revealed, but the actor says it's "a very manly name."

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

He's playing Manley Mannington.

Wait O'Mara is the actor name ? for a second there I though it might Spider-man 2099 covert identity

All-New Member

Hmmm. My vote's for an LMD, masquerading as Director Curt Cowan, to provide an acceptable face to the public so that Coulson can continue to run the place sub rosa.

Back in the 1940s, Timely Comics printed the adventures of FBI Agent Curt Cowan: the alias of 1940s superhero Dynamic Man, a superpowered android. If Marvel wanted to tweak that character in their usual way and add a little Easter Egg for comics geeks the world over, I wouldn't put it past them to do it this way. O'Mara reckons the character's got a very 'manly' name, and one of the showrunners said that he brings a new 'dynamic' to the show.

I'm probably completely wrong, but I do love to speculate.

Incredible Member

Obviously, he's playing the LMD Beefcake.

More seriously, I know he was never a SHIELD agent, but could Jason O'Mara be playing Buzz Baxter?

BANNED

A human Jim Hammond seems the most likely option. Barring that, I'd go with Jeff Mace (aka The Patriot) or possibly Thomas (Toro) Raymond.

The first non-evil white man's man in the history of the show, maybe?

I'm guessing he's Quatermain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post

I'm guessing he's Quatermain.
    The press release announcing his addition said the character had "deep ties" to the WWII MU, so that would rule out Quartermain, who was created in the late 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    The press release announcing his addition said the character had "deep ties" to the WWII MU, so that would rule out Quartermain, who was created in the late 60s.
    Just wishful thinking on my part at seeing a "real" Shield agent being part of the show.

Maybe Jim Hammon but it's not a "manly" name. How about the character that Brubaker used in the pages of Captain America, John Steel(I think that was the name)?

Fantastic Member

Coulson? Talbot? Fitz? All the random SHIELD agents walking around the base? Discount-Clint Barton? Dude who died with Lucy Lawless?

Spectacular Member

The "manly name" comment could be a misdirection. Meaning the character isn't a man. As in not human. Android? Alien? Something else?

Spectacular Member

i can just imagine him being some sort of sleeper hydra agent ! I'm really looking forward to see what happens in the new season ! i recon Couslon becomes director just before the xmas break !

Xelpzar

Quote Originally Posted by 2britishnerdz View Post
    i can just imagine him being some sort of sleeper hydra agent ! I'm really looking forward to see what happens in the new season ! i recon Couslon becomes director just before the xmas break !
    Dell Rusk is a pretty manly name.

BANNED

Maybe Jim Hammon but it's not a "manly" name.
    It's not? Is there actually some standard metric for that sort of thing? Because, based on nothing other than general impression, "Jim Hammond" sounds like a "manlier" name than "Clay Quartermain" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxMatrix View Post
    Coulson? Talbot? Fitz? All the random SHIELD agents walking around the base? Discount-Clint Barton? Dude who died with Lucy Lawless?
    Coulson is not really manly, he's more of a executive, a desk guy learning as he goes . Fitz is a nerd, discount Barton is not manly.

I'm talking about a real manly dude who's white and not evil. There were a ton of those in the Shield comics, not one(so far) on the TV show.