Fantastic Member

Default Flip of the Coin: Two-Face Appreciation Thread

I searched the forum to see if we had a Two-Face thread already and couldn't find one, so... here it is! Post your favorite Two-Face moments here.

What inspired this thread was reading a really good, scary Two-Face story called "Two-Face, Too!" It was reprinted in a Batman: Arkham collection and is well worth a read.

I find it interesting how at first the character was based on pure nihilism and chance, but later got a more developed backstory, multiple personalities, and motive, and nowadays seems to switch between the personas.

I like what the Batman animated series did by eventually giving him a third personality, too.
    Last edited by lalalei2001; 08-20-2016 at 04:14 PM.

Like another very old Batman villains like joker, cobblepot, catwoman, freeze... I see his existence necessary.

I really liked the Two Face Year One comics that came out a while back. I really wish he had more shine as a main villain versus supplementary. Looks like All Star Batman is giving him that treatment though.
    Superhero shows are trash

Fantastic Member

Weren't there other Two-Faces after Harvey in the Golden Age?

EDIT: Yup! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Fa...named_Two-Face

Paul Sloane becomes the second version of Two-Face. An actor who was set to star in a biography of Harvey Dent, Sloane is disfigured by an accident on the set. Sloane's mind snaps, and he begins to think he is Dent. Sloane recovers some of his own personality, but continues to commit crimes as Two-Face. Sloane is reused in later Earth-Two specific stories as Two-Face II of Earth-Two where the original Earth-Two Two-Face remains healed. Sloane is revived in the current continuity as a successor Two-Face though not replacing Dent as done in the earlier Earth-Two specific storyline.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I'm really liking the way they're playing him in the new Tell Tale game. A sort of mix of his comic an animated form. He's coming off as a bit naive to work with Falcone, but it's a strong start, and seems that he's got some of big bad harv already in there given the twist at the end of the first episode.

BANNED

Batman Annual #14--Still my favorite Two Face story. Nothing has surpassed it in my mind.

Goes great with Batman Year One in style too.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Two-Face is like Joker in that I think you can perhaps take him in directions so different from each other.

This is a great site for any Two-Face fan, but me and the fanblogger have argued a bit about whether very different takes on Two-Face should be allowed, and he was surprisingly not nearly as for variation as me. Kind of has some rigid ideas about Two-Face. (not that I don't have a ton of rigid little discrete ideas about all the villains myself of course, but I have less rigid macro views on the views)
    http://about-faces.livejournal.com/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-19-2016 at 04:43 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

My favourite Two-Face moment is when Harvey's face is restored but he chooses to destroy it again in Miller's DKR. Others probably like it, too since its repeated in Hush and One Year Later (right after Infinite Crisis. I'm probably the only one who still likes the OYL issues with Two-Face as vigilante, Poison Ivy and Orca.).
    After DKR my favourite Two-Face moments happen during Long Halloween. I've watched those BTAS episodes too often, they are kinda ruined for me at the moment but I could never get over the fact that his face turned blue there (and green isn't much better).

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    My favourite Two-Face moment is when Harvey's face is restored but he chooses to destroy it again in Miller's DKR. Others probably like it, too since ...
    What's great about DKR is that it wasn't just Batman, Mutant Leader, Superman, and Joker, but that segment with Two-Face was tremendous and powerful and Frank probably doesn't get enough credit for pioneeringly showing how awesome and complex Harvey can be as a character. Harvey wasn't much mined like that psychologically before DKR (I know, because I've read all his Bronze Age appearances).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-21-2016 at 06:47 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    What's great about DKR is that it wasn't just Batman, Mutant Leader, and Joker, but that segment with Two-Face was tremendous and powerful and Frank probably doesn't get enough credit for showing how awesome and complex Harvey can be as a character. Harvey wasn't much mined like that psychologically before DKR (I know, because I've read all his Bronze Age appearances).
    Part One of TDKR is still the strongest and my favorite part of the story. This was reconfirmed when I watched the animated version recently. A big part of it is what was done with Two Face, so good.

Fantastic Member

I just read some of Jason Todd's post-Crisis appearances where he was after Two-Face for killing his father. Interesting stuff!

(I saw like one panel of him with red hair in a Batman encyclopedia and didn't know that was Pre-Crisis Jason. Or that he EXISTED Pre-Crisis XD)

from Detective Comics Annual #2 (1989)

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

The 1st time I read a Two-Face was in BATMAN #313. The comic was part of a WHITMAN 3-Pack of comics that I bought at Woolworths.

batman313.jpg