Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Superman #17 Discussion

Third best issue of the series.

Edit

I didn't say anything else because I didn't want it to become a new topic, but since it now is, I'll add a little more detail.

My favorite issues from the current Superman run are where Superman himself barely appears or doesn't do much. Issue #7, the 2nd issue of Jon/Damian story, and now this.

Jon and Kathy go the woods, creepy stuff happens, including an appearance by who turns out to be

spoilers:
    The human Clark Kent
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 02-15-2017 at 06:56 AM.

Always Rakzo

This was decent. A bizarre and interesting little adventure featuring Jon and Kathy but it mostly serves as a prelude to an upcoming story since there's barely any exploration about what's happening.

Art was appropriate at the very least.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I really enjoyed this issue.Nothing happened, but something doesn't need to happen every time to deem the quality of a issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    This was decent. A bizarre and interesting little adventure featuring Jon and Kathy but it mostly serves as a prelude to an upcoming story since there's barely any exploration about what's happening.

Art was appropriate at the very least.
    They did explain though. Jon and Kathy accidentally inhaled something at the swamp which caused the visions they were seeing. Reborn is next, doubtful this story and that connects at all besides maybe a one line nod.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    They did explain though. Jon and Kathy accidentally inhaled something at the swamp which caused the visions they were seeing. Reborn is next, doubtful this story and that connects at all besides maybe a one line nod.
    Yes, but they didn't explain what exactly was behind it.

BANNED

Guy who drew this issue also drew issue 10.of the new 52 superboy.you know that 1 issue everyone actually.liked,almost unanimously.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Guy who drew this issue also drew issue 10.of the new 52 superboy.you know that 1 issue everyone actually.liked,almost unanimously.
    forget about kon, I wish DC would do something with wonder girl again

I loved the art. The story was cute, but the ending was very abrupt. It was a cool fill-in to make time for the Reborn arc, iMO.

Nice interlude, but hopefully things would get better.
    I thought for a moment than the guy at the end was Erradicator, but the human Clark Kent makes sense

Fantastic Member

yeah, I thought Eradicator too

Incredible Member

I think Grandpa is a Shapeshifter. Something "Not right" about him.

BANNED

It looked like the figure was wearing glasses instead of the orange visors that Eradicator wore. That, and the lack of a cape and the mystery of the human Clark Kent reaching its end, makes me think it was him rather than Eradicator.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    forget about kon, I wish DC would do something with wonder girl again
    That was a good issue,and nu-kon came off really good in it.nkw outside of that issue was another story.

Liked this issue,Jon and Kathy make a good team.

Also liked super sons

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Yeah, I think there's more to him/this. Doubt the "swamp gas" will be the final explanation.

I thought the dude at the end was Grandpa being stalker creepy. Grandpa was drawn in similar silhouette with glowy glasses on the previous page. And the effect is similar to the silhouetted Slenderman's glowing eyes earlier in the story. I'm guessing they're one and the same, with more mystery to come.

I think he's onto Jon's secret and was watching the Kent/White house.
    Last edited by Jadeb; 02-15-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    I thought this too. Freaky fun issue though. Enjoyed it a lot and the art was interesting.

I don't think the man at the end was either Eradicator or Clark. It was Kathy's grandfather. Like Jade said, just a few pages eaerlier when leading the children home he was drawn in a similar way with his face in shadow and only his glasses showing.

It'll be a few months before we find out though. The Aftermath storyline will probably pick up from the threads started here. So maybe whoever he is, he's waiting and watching until Superman "gets right". When Reborn ends and he's fixed it'll be time for him to make a move or something.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El