Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Funny how the last 5 or 6 posts all have better ideas than the people the studio hired for this project. I've always thought the Heroes Reborn Fantastic Four is a good compromise and brings the origin up to date. But I agree take Captain Smith and skyvolt2000: Don't spend another movie on the origin again and cut to the chase. No kiddie FF, they have all reached adulthood....around the mid 30s. Sue and Johnny would be 5 or 6 years younger at least. Doom is still not publicly known as the leader of Latveria yet and still the mysterious power behind the government. Don't make him the main adversary for the first film either.

Just give it back to Disney/Marvel. Honestly, they seem to be the only ones that know what to do with their property, outside of 2-3 decent Xmen films.
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

I'd like to point out FF 2005/7, Daredevil, and Ghost Rider, are Prototype MCU Movies. Hell looking at the MCU formulas (below) those movies hit most of those notes. Just use the Formulas those movies helped craft.

The Marvel Formulas

Ensemble Movie Formula
    First Act =Setup. Second act good guys lose, they're down but not out. Straddling second and third act an inspirational speech to rally the heroes. Third Act=Bombastic Battle, when no inspiration is forthcoming (With as much **** I give Thor 2, it has the Best 3rd Act Battle in the MCU) for 3rd act finale go with Sky Battle i.e. TFA, Avengers, GoTG, WS, AoU, IM2, IM3.

Origin Story Formula
    The Lead: Charismatic and like-able, but also has to be a Dick in his own way, i.e Tony, Thor, Steve, Scott, Peter, and Stephen.
    Lead Love interest: Some one hot, and not particularly expensive.
    Sidekick/s: at least one Minority actor. Cheadle, Mackie, Eijiofor, Pena, the black and asian Howling Commandos, That asian guy in thor.
    Plot: Act one, characters dickishness get him in trouble, Act 2 his character growth gets him out of trouble, Act 3 his hero's journey comes to an end by fighting the Hero's opposite/Dark Self arch type. i.e Obadiah Stain, Aaron Cross, Red Skull, Loki, who ever the villain in doctor strange is.

other parts of the formula
    -No Character Arcs out side of the origin story, just character loops. I.e. Tony is on a perpetual cycle becoming of ill (physical and or Mental) and curing said Illness. Or Steve who is the same, movie in, movie out.
    -Remove female characters from Merchandise Lines.
    -Keep a light hearted Tone, and make sure the execution of the movie is simple and easy to follow. It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
    -Quips, sight gags and jokes.
    -Romance outta left field, Widow/Hulk, Steve/Carter's niece.
    -No dark and gritty filters.
    -Action Sequences need to be evenly dispersed through out the movie. With sequences lasting no more than 15 minutes in Acts 1 and 2, and no longer than 20 in Act 3.
    -Movies should aim to be between 100 to 135 minutes in length, only exceeding when the goodwill towards the franchise is at an all time high.
    -The Target Audience is children, not the fans, not adults... Children.
    -Use C and D list villains, so you can change them (Stain, Zemo, Whiplash, Ronan, the Chitauri) and not have any one blow a gasket for changing A or B list villain, like that one time with Mandarin.

A word about Doom. FF2005/7 Doom is as close you're ever going to get to Comic Doom unless Trump wins the presidency. Put simply Doom was a product of an era of Scary as **** Dictators, Stalin, Mao etc. Scary as **** Dictators don't exist anymore in the same way as they use to, if you live in a developed country.
    Last edited by unholyrevenger72; 08-22-2016 at 01:50 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Yeah I think the advantage of setting the team back in the late 60's means they still get to be the first modern team of heroes before the Avengers as in the comics, the space race era means their classic origin makes more sense, and Doom's classic origin within the bound of numerous small states around the Soviet Union means he works fine too.

For casting I would have George Clooney as adult Franklin, Charlize Theron as Susan Richards (she's been suggested on a few occasions I believe) and Liam Nielson as the voice of Doctor Doom.
    They could do the space story in modern times, but change the reason. Have Reed create an experimental space ship that would allow people to travel to and from Mars quickly.

I do like the idea of doing this quickly, even in the opening credits, but the general concept could still be the same.

The latest FF is on HBO now and I could not even finish it. That has killed the franchise for another 7 years. Maybe the world’s greatest comic magazine is not meant for the big screen.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SwampyCA View Post
    The latest FF is on HBO now and I could not even finish it. That has killed the franchise for another 7 years. Maybe the world’s greatest comic magazine is not meant for the big screen.
    I don't know about that. The Lord of the Rings trilogy convinced me that there is nothing that cannot be adapted to film if put in the hands of people who truly care about the property.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Liven View Post
    I don't know about that. The Lord of the Rings trilogy convinced me that there is nothing that cannot be adapted to film if put in the hands of people who truly care about the property.
    And The Hobbit proves even if you give it to people who care about the property and don't give them time it will still suck. Jackson had 3 years to do pre-production and script refinements for LotR, Hobbit was done by the seat of his pants.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by unholyrevenger72 View Post
    And The Hobbit proves even if you give it to people who care about the property and don't give them time it will still suck. Jackson had 3 years to do pre-production and script refinements for LotR, Hobbit was done by the seat of his pants.
    See, I don't think the Hobbit counts in this. If they had truly cared about and respected the source material, it would have been a single movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Liven View Post
    See, I don't think the Hobbit counts in this. If they had truly cared about and respected the source material, it would have been a single movie.
    There is a 3 hour fan cut that combines all three movies and excises all of the padding. That's enough material for the studio to say cut it in half and release 2 movies.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampyCA View Post
    Tell me about it! I started nodding off right around the time the action supposedly gets exciting. The movie just doesn't engage.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyrevenger72 View Post
    I know this is a bit of a tangent but I coincidentally only just caught up with the last two Hobbit movies. What a mess they were, why PJ tried to make them into LOTR prequels I have no idea. I mentioned shoehorning in Doom earlier, these movies shoehorn in whole troops of big name actors for little gain.

I am also rapidly loosing my appreciation for PJ as a director anyway. He places so much emphasis on actors facial expression. Every scene literally pauses so we can see just how much it all means, (sometimes the actors are so bland you are just looking at blank stares.) I first noticed this in the opening of King Kong which I hated so much I didn't even get past the first ten minutes.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

May not be one of the great cbr movie but a premise similar to Superman Return could work for this franchise... No origin story or a quick origin like Incredible Hulk - they are well established hero, who left our world for exploration but return due to a disturbance ..

No Dr Doom - only as a teaser or a hint .. Dr. Doom has been screwed up too much in F4 Films enough time - time to give it a break -- Skrulls should be the main bad guys

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Instead of a white actor, why not cast a dark-skinned gypsy actor as Victor Von Doom, who is a Gypsy? Gypsies (Roma) are dark-skinned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people
    The trick is finding an actor who isn't afraid of covering his face the entire movie. So basically Karl Urban

Silver Surfer 1
    - Origin
    - villain: Magus (not necessary based on Adam Warlock)
    - cliffhanger: SS going to Earth

Fantastic Four 1
    - Coming of Silver Surfer (based on Heroes' Reborn origin)
    - adventure to Monster's Island
    - villain: Doom

Dr. Doom 1: Latveria
    - Celestials recruits Franklin Richards
    - villain: Celestials
    - cliffhanger: ultimate nullifier

Silver Surfer 2: The Herald Ordeal
    - rebelled against Galactus
    - introducing ex-Heralds of Galactus
    - villain: Morg
    - cliffhanger: Ego

Fantastic Four 2
    - adventure to Negative Zone
    - villain: Annihilus
    - cliffhanger: Franklin Richards kidnapped by Skrull

Dr. Doom 2
    - Quest for ultimate nullifier
    - villian: Kang
    - cliffhanger: Dr. Doom joined FF

Silver Surfer 3
    - villain: Ego (Galactus eat Ego)
    - cliffhanger: Galactus going to Skrull Empire

Fantastic Four 3
    - adventure to Skrull Empire
    - villian: Skrulls
    - cliffhanger: Galactus arrived at Skrull Empire

Galactus vs FF/ex-Heralds/Skrulls/Doom
    - final bout

Future Foundation
    - sons & daughters of FF & doom etc

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'd basically work a Sony deal and let Marvel get attached to rebooting the characters and introducing them in other movies. I'd also change the origin in a way with a different villain. So my proposal.

- Doctor Doom and his country is introduced in the next Black Panther film or Iron Man 4. The character is ruler and feels the Avengers actions and what has happened shows a threat to his country. He's a despot and we really don't see Victor Von Doom til the middle of the film and he's in his classic armor. The conflict begins and soon we see Tony or T'Challa go to Latveria where he sees a country ruled by Doom Bots he has to work through.

Dr. Doom does bring up that he has a past with a man named Reed Richards and how their friendship ended over science and a woman. Doom somehow escapes and claims this isn't over.

- Thor 4 can have the herald of Galactus appear ...Silver Surfer. He and Thor have a knock down , drag out fight that soon involves the Guardians of the Galaxy appearing. At the end Surfer is stopped from selecting a world for his master to feed on , but he could be headed to Earth. And they have to get back there to warn those involved.

- Finally you get to the Fantastic Four film. Which is "FANTASTIC FOUR : Marvel's Greatest" . Reed , Sue , Johnny and Ben are working for the Foundation which is trying to open a wormhole in space and create space travel. AIM is a rival organization that is also racing to get space travel and have placed one of their men on the ship to sabotage the Foundation's attempt. This man is Harvey Elder. When the ship is blasted by rays and crashes , Elder is transformed into The Mole Man. He swears vengeance against them and Earth.

Elder's power soon has him transform a group of children into his own slave force and Moloids. The film shows him amassing an army of them to conquer the surface world as Reed and the others learn their powers. They soon realize they can actually re-trigger the event and have time to change themselves back. Ben Grimm (voiced by Vin Diesel) has wanted to change back. But then they learn Elder is attacking the Foundation and will try and conquer Earth with his army. In a moment Reed , Sue , Johnny and finally Ben realize ..."We created this mess , we have to fix it. Even if it means staying the way we are." As a family they put down Elder and his group. The children somehow change back as Elder is taken away. Reed reveals they had a cure but due to the battle , their bodies are now stuck like this.

The post credits scene has Sue in the lab working as she learns a shocking them , something very....very big is traveling thousands of light years away. Also she is hiding that she maybe pregnant.

- Fantastic Four 2 : Herald of Galactus - The 2nd film handles the inner struggle the FF have. Reed and Sue aren't married and here she is pregnant with his kid. Reed is less than happy that after a trip to the Negative Zone , that she hid that from him. They have a small battle and win , which lead to them arguing. Johnny Storm can't seem to get serious enough about the job and powers he has as it leads to arguments with Reed and Sue. Ben Grimm is the only one happy as he hangs with ...NICK FURY and plays card games with him and a couple others. (Fury , Captain America , etc). Also he meets a blind artist named Alicia Masters and they start a relationship.

When things look bleak , the Surfer arrives and starts to get Earth ready for his master. Reed and the group race to meet him and convince him to stop. Thor and the Guardians of the Galaxy soon arrive and they manage to stop the Surfer on Earth and get him to reveal his past and he's not gonna be able to stop Galactus from coming. He's a herald ...and Galactus will be arriving within months if not weeks . (Its the image Sue saw in the 1st film)

The Surfer claims that he will travel into space and try to find him another world to feed on. But he departs giving his name and friendship to Earth.

The extra credit scenes have Victor Von Doom discover that Reed Richards is now Mr. Fantastic and leading the Foundation. His anger grows as we see him smash an old picture of them.

The last extra credit scene has Reed and Sue in a nice church getting married. She's a few months pregnant by this stage and Johnny jokes its a typical white trash wedding , as Ben Grimm slaps him on the back of the head , "Show some respect at least for your brother-in-law , kid.." lol.

Marvel Universe - Galactus : The entire Marvel Universe with the Fantastic Four are involved in this one. Months have passed and the creature Surfer warned about is coming. Reed meets with the Avengers teams and tells Tony Stark they must be ready. That this Galactus has feasted on and destroyed planets. Sue Storm has gave birth to her son Franklin and this has Reed on a panic. He has to get everyone together.

Doctor Doom attacks the Foundation and is stopped when the Surfer appears. He's arrived back on Earth and unable to leave. He will now help the heroes. But he needs something , a weapon that could help defeat Galactus and get him millions of light years away. They need the cosmic cube as Surfer calls it. Doom reveals he has the cube and has never been able to open it.

The Surfer basically tells Doom that no mortal man can possibly handle the power cosmic that it has. But as a former herald of Galactus ...he can. Doom however is working on his own agenda as he wants the Surfer to open the orb and he gain control. As Firelord and Galactus arrives , we see Reed , Surfer , Doom and Tony Stark go to Latervia.

As an all out war wages for Earth against Galactus and Firelord , and the planet shakes and shudders. We see Doom and company arrive. Surfer even does this cool scene from a panel as he has the power cosmic now.

After destroying Firelord , all that is left is Galactus as Doom reveals his scheme. He amps himself up as Reed tries to appeal to him. Surfer watches as we see Doom grow to fight Galactus and as he glows...and glows. Surfer tells him he needs to send the power back. Doom however possibly realizes he can't control said power and as Galactus questions who would dare face him , "I...DOOM DARE !" and with grabbing Galactus an explosion erupts...destroying thousands of miles of land.

The heroes all stare as Surfer senses that Galactus....is dead. He also can leave Earth now. Also Victor Von Doom is gone. All that is left is a charred mask.

End credits - The Surfer is seen in space , happy and possibly heading to his home planet after so long.

The 2nd end scene has Reed with his son as he stuns his dad by showing a bit of some hidden power when he moves his binky to his mouth by mental control.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

For MCU:

at the end of Infinity Wars
    - space zoom out (like in Men in Blank scene), revealed that MCU was pocket universe created by Franklin Richards
    - Celestial Beings recruited Franklin Richards
    - Franklin Richards joined Celestial Beings as Exia