Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Post if you could reboot FF movie how would you do it ?

as we know the FF movie was a real mess of a movie ... if you could start it all over what would you implement in the movie to make it a good movie ?

Spectacular Member

i would stay true to the characters and stick to the original material from the comics and add a new twists and turns to keep the audience on there toes !

Mighty Member

Default Reboot : FF NO MORE!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2britishnerdz View Post
    as we know the FF movie was a real mess of a movie ... if you could start it all over what would you implement in the movie to make it a good movie ?
    Original concept is dated but obviously the recent rewrite was a flop for various reasons. I've been advocating for awhile now that the characters need to be split up and given separate storylines and maybe if audiences bought into the films successfully then bring them together in the fifth film. The family has to stay together at all costs and who's watching the kids concept is "Leave It To Beaver" era and no longer neccessary. Write strong enough storylines and internal Marvel fan insurgency is over ridden by the wider film audience where all the real ticket sales are these days.
    I'd start with Sue Storm: Invisible Woman and go from there.

BANNED

For sure I wouldn't retell the origin! How many times have they told it now, and it's not even an especially compelling origin.

No, I'd tell another story. I'd tell the one about how the Skrulls kidnapped Ben and forced him to become a gladiator.

The story of Fantf4stic was ok, it was basically the Ultimate FF origin. But I would have gone from there to fighting Annihilus, not Dr Doom.

I'd keep the great character interaction from the first two, but add a greater sense of exploration and adventures. Take them to the Negative Zone, or even the Microverse, somewhere. Get them out of the Baxter Building and into that FantastiCar or ship. Take them on a quest of some sort. Leave Doom alone for awhile as they've bungled him three times now. Bring in Annihilus, and maybe even Blastaar. Make the battles big and grandiose. But yes, retain the family angle. Lose that and you lose the FF.

In the MCU or just in general?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

It should be like Raiders of the Lost Ark, a series of adventures loosely tied together by a "big bad"

BANNED

I'd just do an adventure movie, something like Jonny Quest, but bigger since the heroes all have superpowers. Have it actually look like a Jack Kirby comic, weird sets, colorful lighting. I'd also go with the weird ******* personalities that have in those original comics, they're more interesting when they're jerks. The Thing would look like original monstrous Thing.

Probably do the space origin (or something like it) as an opening title sequence that was something like a cross between a James Bond opening, the opening to Jonny Quest, and the opening of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. So you'd see a quick look at how they came to be, and you'd see little bits of them on adventures you'll never see to give you the idea that they've been at this for awhile.

Part of me is like, you probably should do Doom again. But his origin is just so fucking great looking in the comic, and it's never been done on screen, so I'd do Doom again.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

For an MCU movie...

- Based it on Jon Hickman's run.
    - Make it a high crazy science style movie.
    - Use Time Travel to set up stuff, with the FF as a secret hero group which operated in the late 60's, possibly with someone like Hank Pym aware of them, but otherwise unknown to the public. Meanwhile in the present the Future Foundation run by Franklin and Valeria Richards uncover the truth of what happened to their family on their last mission.
    - Doom also exists in the past, is a classic rule of nation armoured despot villain. Gets dragged into the present with the FF and becomes a threat.
    - Franklin (and maybe Valeria( as young already in past, utilise Franklin's amazing powers (avoiding mutant aspects).
    - Utilise villains outside Doom. Consider Diablo, Mole Man, Skrulls, Annhilus and set up for Galactus as wider Marvel threat.
    - Movie ends with FF and Doom in present with two Franklins.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    For an MCU movie...

- Based it on Jon Hickman's run.
    - Make it a high crazy science style movie.
    - Use Time Travel to set up stuff, with the FF as a secret hero group which operated in the late 60's, possibly with someone like Hank Pym aware of them, but otherwise unknown to the public. Meanwhile in the present the Future Foundation run by Franklin and Valeria Richards uncover the truth of what happened to their family on their last mission.
    - Doom also exists in the past, is a classic rule of nation armoured despot villain. Gets dragged into the present with the FF and becomes a threat.
    - Franklin (and maybe Valeria( as young already in past, utilise Franklin's amazing powers (avoiding mutant aspects).
    - Utilise villains outside Doom. Consider Diablo, Mole Man, Skrulls, Annhilus and set up for Galactus as wider Marvel threat.
    - Movie ends with FF and Doom in present with two Franklins.
    I actually like setting it in the 60s ... or even 80s ... And make them not so secret.

That wouldn't mess up MCU cannon too much, right?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Ditch the origin story. Enough people know it now. Brief recap of how they got powers is all you need.

Then...

Galactus.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Incredible Member

I would make the story be from Doctor Doom's point of view. The movie would be set largely in Latveria, and a large part of it would be about how he deposes the royal family there and becomes the dictator for life. He would transform Latveria from a third world country into a cloistered, North Korea-esque dictatorship albeit one that is decades, if not a century or more ahead of the rest of the world. Then he sees his hated rival Reed Richards on TV announcing a trip to Mars with his family. Reed has found a way to get there in a fraction of time it would take NASA today, and the reason he's bringing his family along is because he's so confident in his methods. This ENRAGES Doom and causes what amounts to a nuclear arms race with where Doom develops his armor, travels to NYC after Reed and company have already developed their powers, and tries to kill them simply out of petty jealousy.

First thing I would do is to get a good actor and actress for Reed and Sue. I would CGI the Thing again (the last FF4 movie wasent a bad rendition of Ben, just put some pants on him), and have him with his usual banter. I would probably have a story with them against the Mole Man or maybe Kang. Some storyline in which Reed would be shown creating and using some high tech stuff and outsmarting the villain. The after credits scene would have to be this though to some extent.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Play up the fun adventurous angle of the characters. Maybe make it a period piece.