Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Arkham Manor is certainly strange not only because of the direction it's taking but because of the granting of it's own ongoing. I like Gerry Dugan's work though so it might be worth a shot.

Gotham Academy on the other hand does sound kind of interesting. Plus they finally got Karl Kerschl on an ongoing so that's cool.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Between this and the novel "Grayson" series, Doyle seems to be a godsend to those of us who like tonal diversity in the line.
    That much is true.

I applaud DC for experimenting a big with their upcoming books. I just wish they weren't all confined to Batman's backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Are we supposed to recognize these two?

Perhaps the girl with the backpack is new 52 Cass?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gimpboy76 View Post
    Huh?! Both of these seem like out of continuity types of ideas, is this going to somehow be explained?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

So does the Joker cutting off his face and stapling it back on.
    Well to be honest until they bring back the Joker and believably show that somehow he has a new face I don't think they've succeeded with that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I get the impression that this will be mostly new characters.
    You're probably right, though the white-haired girl has such a distinct look, that she must be tied to someone in the existing bat-books. I just can't think who that might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Perhaps the girl with the backpack is new 52 Cass?
    Yeah... I'm not sure how I'd feel about that.

Why shouldn't they do more Batman books? That's what people want to read. They're literally giving people what they want. And if you're going to try interesting new stories, tying them into Batman is one way for them to get a fair shake. No one bought Green Team or The Movement, but these might have a chance.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Holy cow, a DC comics title that sounds fun? I'll be on the look out for all 12 issues.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Arkham Manor looks like it has potential. Gotham Academy looks like something I won't be reading. Odds are, I won't be getting either of them.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Ultimate Member

Gotham Academy sounds like it could be interesting. I read that it is in the New 52 continuity. And this could be a good place to have Stephanie and Harper be regulars, and maybe potentially introduce Cass (pretty please). It'd make sense and would give them something to do beyond occasionally guest starring in other books. Plus, it looks different from the other bat-books, which is a plus for me. Variety is good. Arkham Manor, the concept sounds kind of meh, but Duggan is a really good writer, so we'll wait and see.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 06-30-2014 at 10:25 AM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm going to wait and see what others say about these two. Gotham Academy sounds like it could be fun, so I might give it a try but Arkham Manor sounds like a really bad idea to me.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Holy cow, a DC comics title that sounds fun? I'll be on the look out for all 12 issues.
    That's about how long their fun books last, since nobody buys them. They keep trying though.

I'd complain about how DC just pumps out nothing but Bat-books, but Gotham Academy is the kind of book that's right up my alley. I'm OK with this.

I agree with others in that I'm enjoying how DC knows that Bat-anything will sell, so they're using that to try out some new and unique types of books. It's a happy middle ground.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member

Plus it's hard to say, given it's premise, how often Batman himself will appear. He may just show up every once and awhile. I tend to enjoy teen/school books, unless they totally suck that is.

Arkham Manor looks like it would have been better as a Mini because it looks like it's only a couple story arcs' amount of stuff before things go back to the status quo. I think the series will come to an end after a year or so; not because of sales, but because the writers have told everything they wanted. Nonetheless, I'm intrigued with this one and have questions I hope it answers.

Gotham Academy... it seems like one of those titles that could struggle and end in 10 issues because of it having new characters and thus not selling as much (unless your name is Kamala apparently). I'm somewhat interested (though the other interests me more) and as much as I like to be optimistic and say "people you gotta get the books so they keep going!" and I will give everything a read, this might be an uphill battle. They'll need to go big on the Batman content to keep it going.

I would have been more excited for some existing heroes such as Booster Gold, Cyborg, etc to get their solos though. How about a Vixen book? She could do some mystical jungle stuff and be involved in the Dark books maybe; just a thought. If they don't want too many solos, then I'm always happy to see more team books that give good showings to characters not being published. When will they relaunch BoP?

Overall though, I'm always happy to see new news about content being put out. Arkham Manor piques my interest. Though, I must say ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Free Booster Gold ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Are we supposed to recognize these two?

According to the solicitation, those 2 are Olive Silverlock and MAPS. New characters.