Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    It's looking like Cameron Stewart and Brendan Fletcher might be coming on to Catwoman - FHIZ has posted a round up of the hints at Gotham Spoilers. Will be pretty damn awesome if it happens.
    Stewart is one of those guys who should just draw everything for DC for a year. Especially women.

BANNED

It's looking like Cameron Stewart and Brendan Fletcher might be coming on to Catwoman - FHIZ has posted a round up of the hints at Gotham Spoilers. Will be pretty damn awesome if it happens.
    Cameron Stewart has been awesome on the book before.

Fletcher is not a name that rings any bells even after googling him.
    Last edited by Carabas; 07-02-2014 at 01:54 AM.

I think Arkham Manor would be a fun book if it's about Bruce moving his rogue's gallery into his house so he can hunt them Arkham Asylum/City/Origins/Knight style.

'Oswalt Cobblepot, also known as the Penguin, he lives in my childhood bedroom.'
    *Batman activates detective mode*
    'Three henchman..all of them armed with Hasbro race cars.'
    'They contentedly play an innocent child's game but they'll soon find there's no innocence in here... ONLY JUSTICE'
    *Batman leaps from gargoyle perch in his bedroom*

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    I think Arkham Manor would be a fun book if it's about Bruce moving his rogue's gallery into his house so he can hunt them Arkham Asylum/City/Origins/Knight style.

'Oswalt Cobblepot, also known as the Penguin, he lives in my childhood bedroom.'
    *Batman activates detective mode*
    'Three henchman..all of them armed with Hasbro race cars.'
    'They contentedly play an innocent child's game but they'll soon find there's no innocence in here... ONLY JUSTICE'
    *Batman leaps from gargoyle perch in his bedroom*
    And sold.

Fantastic Member

BoP and Batwing have already been cancelled, Red Hood just got Lobdell back on and Batwoman is still in early days of a new writer. The only other book that might warrant a change in direction atm is arguably Batgirl, however even then it's numbers are still relatively strong. On the other hand Catwoman needs a change-up either way to reflect the new Eternal deal, so yeah... it's looking pretty good it's Catwoman.

I really hope it's Catwoman!! I love Stewart's art

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

BoP and Batwing have already been cancelled, Red Hood just got Lobdell back on and Batwoman is still in early days of a new writer. The only other book that might warrant a change in direction atm is arguably Batgirl, however even then it's numbers are still relatively strong. On the other hand Catwoman needs a change-up either way to reflect the new Eternal deal, so yeah... it's looking pretty good it's Catwoman.
    I'm really hoping it's Catwoman as well since that title's in desperate need of a change-up.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

To be clear, if Cameron Stewart is working on a DC book, I don't think he'll be drawing it, but instead writing it. He was talking to DC Women Kicking Ass in reference to the Wonder Woman news and said "Gotham Academy & my book w/unamed artist." I feel like whatever that book is would have to be DC related, given the topic of discussion, and Mark Doyle, Scott Snyder, and Brenden Fletcher all saying there are announcements to come. He's got a second project which he seems to be drawing, and someone has mentioned Dark Horse to me, but I'm not sure about that.

I read that bit after I made that post on the site, which also is part of a series of maddening posts in reference to my frustration with the garbage that is the current Catwoman book never changing.

He also said something about July 10th being the day he can talk about one of the projects.

So we have "Monster High" coming, but featuring old & new Bat characters. Pass.

And Arkham (Animal?) House. If this isn't a comedy where Joker dances with Belushi's skeleton while wearing a toga, I'll be disappointed.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

In his interview about the Detective Comics issue for the Five Years Later gimmick, Buccellato talked about a New Arkham, from which the Riddler is the only person to have escaped in the Five Years Later timeline. I wonder if this relates to the Arkham Manor ongoing to appear in October? Obviously Old Arkham is going to be destroyed. Is Wayne Manor going to be the New Arkham? Certainly it doesn't sound like the new asylum is going to be under Batman's control, if he has to break in.

Gotham Academy sounds cool and the cover for the first issue has nice art.
    Hold my Annihilus- Johnny Storm

Astonishing Member

Could anyone be so kind to update me on the Bat-editor situation? I know that the previous editor now is at Marvel, but I don't remember much about the present situation anymore (something about a editor who will stay only for one year, maybe? I've read it somewhere, maybe on BC)
    Thanks in advance.

I just realized, but how our these "hit Bat books" before they are even out?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I just realized, but how our these "hit Bat books" before they are even out?
    Means "hit" as in "hits the bat-books in October"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Could anyone be so kind to update me on the Bat-editor situation? I know that the previous editor now is at Marvel, but I don't remember much about the present situation anymore (something about a editor who will stay only for one year, maybe? I've read it somewhere, maybe on BC)
    Thanks in advance.
    Mark Doyle who is an editor at Vertigo is the interim Batman group editor.

I like to think that's the reason we're getting more left field Batman books like this, but who knows.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Passing on both of these titles.