Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "The Flash" Casts Ashley Rickards as the Top

The "Awkward" star will play Rosalind "Rosa" Dillon, "the Bonnie to Mirror Master's Clyde."

Full article here.

Wow, I was not expecting them to gender-flip the Top, or that they would pair her with Mirror Master .

It's kind of funny when you think about it, given the original Top was Golden Glider's boyfriend and New 52 Mirror Master is Golden Glider's current lover .

Her powers also sound completely different from The Tops comic powerset...less physical and more mental. Though his powers did get more mental-based at some point, as I recall.

And I guess this confirms that Captain Cold is definitely coming back this season, somehow. Maybe setting up the Legion of Doom in Legends?

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Why do I even bother clicking on this stuff anymore? This show is only superficially like the comics I loved. It's a 'new universe'. Unfortunately, one I don't much care for. Feel empathy for traditional Dillon fans.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Well, i'm mot thrilled with the angle they're going for, but i don't know how you'd pull off the classic top on television. I'm more intrigued by this tug of war between mirror master and captain cold they mentioned. How are they going to bring snart back?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Well, i'm mot thrilled with the angle they're going for, but i don't know how you'd pull off the classic top on television. I'm more intrigued by this tug of war between mirror master and captain cold they mentioned. How are they going to bring snart back?
    Flashpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Flashpoint
    It would be kind of funny if Barry's messing with time ends up reviving one of his biggest enemies, especially when it's already saved Thawne .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be kind of funny if Barry's messing with time ends up reviving one of his biggest enemies, especially when it's already saved Thawne .
    At this point, Barry and Snart have spent about as much time working on the same side as they have opposite sides, so I don't know that he'd really qualify as one of Barry's biggest enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    At this point, Barry and Snart have spent about as much time working on the same side as they have opposite sides, so I don't know that he'd really qualify as one of Barry's biggest enemies.
    Eh...I think the only time they've really been on the same side was "Family of Rogues," and that was very begrudgingly. I guess you could say they were on the same side when Snart warned Barry about Weather Wizard and Trickster, but that was just a courtesy for helping with Lisa and because of how crazy Trickster is.

The one time they worked together in season one, Snart played Barry like a fiddle and stabbed him in the back by the end. All their other interactions have been as enemies, with Flash trying to stop him and Cold managing to get away.

I can kind of get why they'd genderbend this one. Besides Golden Glider, the Rogues are a sausage fest.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    I can kind of get why they'd genderbend this one. Besides Golden Glider, the Rogues are a sausage fest.
    Well, we also had Peek-A-Boo in season 1 and the Cisco Chronicles.

Though it's also probably going to be harder to get Golden Glider back with Peyton List's new show, so that might be another factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And I guess this confirms that Captain Cold is definitely coming back this season, somehow. Maybe setting up the Legion of Doom in Legends?
    Any ideas of how Captain Cold could still be alive (aside from timey whiny) after dying so heroically in Legends?

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Any ideas of how Captain Cold could still be alive (aside from timey whiny) after dying so heroically in Legends?

Sandy Hausler
    I think Time whiney is gonna change and undoe alot of things across all the shows. Except the curent Legends because they will exists outside of time when barry causes flashpoint. Then when barry fixes everything some changes will stick. Wally and Cold being the big two imo. I wonder if we get more captain cold when he returns and less citizen cold.

Mighty Member

Sandy Hausler
    The way he died was similar to how a LOSH villain, the Infinite Man was created back in the silver age. So temporal hi jinks are perfectly acceptable.

What's the point of this gender bender?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Sandy Hausler
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think Time whiney is gonna change and undoe alot of things across all the shows. Except the curent Legends because they will exists outside of time when barry causes flashpoint. Then when barry fixes everything some changes will stick. Wally and Cold being the big two imo. I wonder if we get more captain cold when he returns and less citizen cold.
    A better question would be...is he going to wear his parka again ?