Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default RUMOR: Leaked "Spider-Man: Homecoming" Call Sheet Reveals Core Characters

Flash Thompson, Liz Allan and Betty Brandt are just a few of the names included on the alleged call sheet.

Full article here.

Betty Brandt ?

I guess they're just ignoring the Bugle again if they're putting both Ned and Betty in high school with Peter. Unless Glory is taking Betty's job.

Is there more then one Shocker? It looks like Woodbine is playing Herman Schultz, but he's listed as "Shocker #2."

If Espensen is playing Cindy Moon, I'm expecting that to just be more of a nod then anything significant.

Abraham Attah is playing...Abraham .

We've also got a few Untold Tales of Spider-Man kids in there, which is cool .

I guess Miles Warren has a sister now?

So either the principal is a descendant of Jim Morita or he's a Life-Model Decoy. Probably the former.

BANNED

Betty as a high school classmate of Peter's, played by an actress 4 years younger than the one playing Peter? Not liking that at all. And the fact that they're casting actual teenagers--as opposed to standard big screen practice of having actors in their 20s pretend to be teenagers--says the franchise is going to be stuck in High School Hell for the duration.

This is looking more and more like a really expensive Disney Channel show.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Betty as a high school classmate of Peter's, played by an actress 4 years younger than the one playing Peter? Not liking that at all. And the fact that they're casting actual teenagers--as opposed to standard big screen practice of having actors in their 20s pretend to be teenagers--says the franchise is going to be stuck in High School Hell for the duration.
    I expected as much once Marvel Studios got the opportunity to make the movie, with how focused Marvel is on the "high school days." The main thing they keep focusing on in practically every interview or talk about this movie is Spider-Man in high school, so they'll probably want to stick with that for the foreseeable future.

Maybe Zendaya should've been our first clue ?

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

This movie just gets worse and worse.
    Miller was right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I expected as much once Marvel Studios got the opportunity to make the movie, with how focused Marvel is on the "high school days." The main thing they keep focusing on in practically every interview or talk about this movie is Spider-Man in high school, so they'll probably want to stick with that for the foreseeable future.

Maybe Zendaya should've been our first clue ?
    I expected it too. They made their intentions quite clear. Didn't say I was surprised by it, I'm just not particularly interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post

I thought that you were happy with Zendaya's casting.

And well, given that the Avengers, Guardians, Ultimate Spider-man cartoons are placed in the same universe as most of the Disney Channel's sitcoms..............

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I thought that you were happy with Zendaya's casting.
    I have no inherent issue with casting a biracial, non-redheaded actress to play MJ, if that's what you mean. But, overall, I'm not particularly "happy" about anything I've heard regarding where this movie is going. I've almost zero interest in the Harry Potterization of Spider-Man.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So I guess we have a female Jackal in the future then, lol. Shocker is a nice surprise, guessing he'll be a bit villain as he was intended to be in the original Rami movie before the 9/11 stuff happened. And yay for Liz and Betty! I know that 'Michelle' will be the main romantic focus but Betty is Peter's first love in the comics, so it would be nice if they did something with that. Unless they intend to do the Betty/Flash relationship super early, assuming he and Liz aren't an item.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So I guess we have a female Jackal in the future then, lol. Shocker is a nice surprise, guessing he'll be a bit villain as he was intended to be in the original Rami movie before the 9/11 stuff happened. And yay for Liz and Betty! I know that 'Michelle' will be the main romantic focus but Betty is Peter's first love in the comics, so it would be nice if they did something with that. Unless they intend to do the Betty/Flash relationship super early, assuming he and Liz aren't an item.
    Or Betty and Ned, which I guess is part of the justification for throwing them in high school with Peter? I don't know, it still seems weird .

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or Betty and Ned, which I guess is part of the justification for throwing them in high school with Peter? I don't know, it still seems weird .
    Man, Betty is gonna be spoilt for choice with three of her established comic love interests in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Man, Betty is gonna be spoilt for choice with three of her established comic love interests in high school.
    Well, given she's probably not going to be working at the Bugle, she has all the time in the world to work on her love life .

BANNED

Kind of amazing (no pun intended) that after 15 years they are finally getting Spider-Man right on film, based on all evidence we are getting, and fans are still throwing a hissy fit about it.

"High school hell"??

Puh-leeze.

All seems very Wiseman flavored Spectacular Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Kind of amazing (no pun intended) that after 15 years they are finally getting Spider-Man right on film, based on all evidence we are getting, and fans are still throwing a hissy fit about it.

"High school hell"??

Puh-leeze.
    I think we'll have to see it all actually applied on-film before we can decide whether Marvel Studios has actually gotten Spider-Man "right." I mean, I want to trust in Marvel Studios, but some of how they're handling things leave me a little apprehensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    All seems very Wiseman flavored Spectacular Spider-Man
    Well, Spectacular really set the bar as far as Spider-Man adaptions go .

Though Spectacular also had an actual adult Betty and Ned .