Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    All seems very Wiseman flavored Spectacular Spider-Man

Best adaptation ever...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    All seems very Wiseman flavored Spectacular Spider-Man
    The writing was solid. And while I liked the designs, that actual animation was very uneven from episode to episode, esp. after season 1. In any case, Spectacular Spider-Man is, to me, a great example of something that worked really well in animation but that I wouldn't particularly care to see carried over into live action. I much prefer an older, young adult Peter/Spider-Man, out on his own, dealing with life in the real world.

Incredible Member

Not getting why Ned and Betty being on this call sheet would necessarily make them high school classmates of Peter's? The list has all sorts of other roles, such as Shocker and "Goon #2".

If the Shocker and his goons are attacking the school, maybe Ned and Betty are on hand to report on the story? (I know Betty wasn't traditionally a reporter, but she could be there in some assistant role to Ned).

EDIT: Guessing because of the actor and actress involved, who both seem to be pretty young (just Googled, was unfamiliar with them).

In any event, not sure I buy this leaked call sheet anyway.
    Last edited by Cthulhudrew; 08-19-2016 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    The writing was solid. And while I liked the designs, that actual animation was very uneven from episode to episode, esp. after season 1. In any case, Spectacular Spider-Man is, to me, a great example of something that worked really well in animation but that I wouldn't particularly care to see carried over into live action. I much prefer an older, young adult Peter/Spider-Man, out on his own, dealing with life in the real world.
    I think Spectacular, as an adaption, perfectly captured Spider-Man's world, his supporting cast, his villains, and character in-spite of having to work with a high school era Peter Parker (who they always intended to grow up like he did in the comics).

If the MCU crew can do just as good a job handling the material, then we really will be in for the best Spider-Man movie yet .

Wow, at this point the Daily Bugle would probably turn out to be a high school newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Wow, at this point the Daily Bugle would probably turn out to be a high school newspaper.
    Now you're really scaring me .

Fantastic Member

High school doesn't necessary mean not dealing with the real world though (I know some of us are quite far removed from HS but having older kids I can affirm that it can still be very much "the real world"). In fact my biggest hope is the writers and directors take a cue from Stranger Things and treat the kids and adults with respect. Their worlds should be divided by a fuzzy line, but neither group should be treated like a joke (alot of old cartoons treat adults as idiots, while alot of TV shows treat children as being ridiculous caricatures or annoying like a certain daughter from 24 or a son from Breaking Bad)

Fantastic Member

With J Jonah Jameson as a high school senior----now that would be horrible.

Speaking of JJJ, I've seen no mention of him at all in regard to this movie. I bet he won't be in this.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post

Speaking of JJJ, I've seen no mention of him at all in regard to this movie. I bet he won't be in this.
    Well, given they're de-aging Ned and having a 15-year old play Betty in high school with Peter (if this cast list is accurate), they might just ignore the Bugle completely.

But given how the casting has been so far, I wouldn't be surprised if Tyne Daly is playing a gender-flipped Jonah .

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post

They do that to JJJ, this movie is dead to me. No hyperbole.

However, I think the Bugle and JJJ are just going to be ignored, which is par for the course at this moment, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    They do that to JJJ, this movie is dead to me. No hyperbole.

However, I think the Bugle and JJJ are just going to be ignored, which is par for the course at this moment, sadly.
    It worked so well for the Amazing Spider-Man movie franchise .

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I kind of agree, but I'm still cautiously optimistic about how this will play out.

BANNED

It's a stretch but no more than the Cindy (Moon) guess in the article

Sally = Sally Avril AKA Bluebird ???

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    It's a stretch but no more than the Cindy (Moon) guess in the article

Sally = Sally Avril AKA Bluebird ???
    If she's actually playing Cindy Moon, it's probably more a nod then a hint that Silk will eventually show up.

And Tiny McKeever and Jason Ionello along with some school faculty...quite a few Untold Tales of Spider-Man references in there .

Which make way more sense then what they're apparently doing with Ned and Betty .

Mighty Member

In this day and age it would have to be a hi skool paper.That way it could be shut down by the repressive administration because the paper is owned by the district not independently by the students. Remember Ailes is still out there controlling everything. This is so Disney channel I can't wait.