Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who do you think has chained Eternity

As we have read in the ultimates someone has kept Eternity in chains and he has entrusted the responsibility to free him to Galactus. My. question is who and why would anyone imprison Eternity? Who is going to instigate The Eternity War?
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 08-20-2016 at 10:47 AM.

Living Tribunal.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Do you mean the new living tribunal?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I don't have the issue on me so I might be forgetting things, but wasn't Molecular Man the responsible?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I don't have the issue on me so I might be forgetting things, but wasn't Molecular Man the responsible?
    No imo he was just providing context to the whole situation for Galactus. Anti Man may have some insight as does Thanos but it hasn't been cleared who is responsible for eternity's imprisonment.

In Ultimates #9 Conner says it's 'the one who is one'. Sound like someone who is the same entity throughout the Multiverse. Here's hoping its someone else than the new Tribunal (an alternate Adam Warlock) or One-Above-All (or Above-All-Others as Starlin called him in the recent Infinity Finale). I'd like the cosmic hierarchy to expand and grow.

Fantastic Member

The WRITERS!

In a surprise twist it's going to be Dr. Manhattan, who'll serve as the big bad at both DC and Marvel.
    This will lead into a new Amalgam universe.

BANNED

now that you mention it there are some similarities between the rebirth arc and this arc but there is also another aspect which should be considered that if eternity is imprisoned and galactus is going to recruit the ultimates in rescuing him from the mysterious cosmic jailer then what will be the roles of his heralds and Infinity?

Spectacular Member

If the scene of the impossible task from ultimats 6 wasn't symbolism then I could be someone from galactus original universe or maby a character from the universes first iteration. It's stated the current marve universe is the 8 so there could be more beings like galactus also wasn't there a character called the forgotten one who was galactu's first herald, what ever happened to him could he do it

Mighty Member

Maybe Reed and family? For whatever plot driven reason, well done or cheesy.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

I can't remember properly but in Dan Slott's Silver Surfer run wasn't there some evil being outside of the universe who had helped steal the heart of the never queen. Perhaps Al Ewing decided to pick up from that, I mean the guy does enjoy his crazy continuity.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Maybe Reed and family? For whatever plot driven reason, well done or cheesy.
    How would this work?

Remember, there was nothing before Secret War. Everything was destroyed, there was nothing left. All entities were disintegrated as the last reality collapsed, so no cosmic entities needed to be in control of nothing.

Then Doom and Molecule Man made Battleworld, out of all the remnants of the Alternate Universes, into one planet, including the two 616 Rafts containing the Black Panther and Richards group, and the Cabal and Miles group. Still no need for any cosmic beings to be involved, because a single planet existing is hardly any reason to have Eternity or Infinity in existence to ward over it. Eternity after all was a compilation of all the universes that exist, and if their aren't any, he has no integrity.

Then something happens. Reed, Franklin and Molecule Man start construction of ANAD Earth to start with, (and it seems they used components from Battleworld realities to forge it), then the solar system, then the universe. Secondly, they construct another and a 3rd and a 4th, etc till they are almost complete, and now it is essential that Eternity exists to encompass the whole of the universes.

But, this time, Eternity is now in a cage, restricted in his ability to represent all the universes. Or if Eternity only represents this universe of ANAD, then there is something restrictive about this one that has Eternity stuck, caged up like that. I wouldn't be surprised if it is Franklin's shenanigans that cobbled Eternity's activities, for the simple reason something constructed by a direct force is not the same if directed by nature running its own course. So anything Franklin dreams up is unnatural.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-20-2016 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I can't remember properly but in Dan Slott's Silver Surfer run wasn't there some evil being outside of the universe who had helped steal the heart of the never queen. Perhaps Al Ewing decided to pick up from that, I mean the guy does enjoy his crazy continuity.
    In that series, wasn't Doom Eternity? That was very bizarre to me. Why did there have to be a representation of Eternity as Doom, if there was only one planet in existence?

There are very few individuals or entities that have the power to chain eternity.

And where is the sister infinity? Is she that much of a heartless cow that she won't help her brother out?