All-New Member

Default Vladimir Giurescu's father's name

Browsing the internet found in several places that the Vladimir Giurescu's father's name is Mihail (Wake The Devil #1-5).

At what point of the comic is mentioned that Vladimir's father's name is Mihail? Is there any other story or place where it is said or Mignola speaks? Already re-read and found nothing.

Hellboy and Vladimir Giurescu's father.
    Last edited by Kaniff; 08-20-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Fantastic Member

I believe the source is Hellboy: The Companion in the entry for Vladimir Giurescu.

A lot of Hellboy lore that hasn't been covered in the pages of any of the comics is taken from Hellboy: The Companion. It's a great read and uncovers a lot of background material on the lives of Abe, Hecate, Hellboy, the Giurescus, and the history of that world. The very best stuff in my opinion is the additional Edward Grey detail, but it's all phenomenal really.

Amazing Member

Zerodemon is 100% correct. his name is mentioned in the very first line of Vladimir Giurescus Character Profile, page 127 of Hellboy: The Companion.

I would love a update to it, since so much has happened since it was published in 2008.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    I believe the source is Hellboy: The Companion in the entry for Vladimir Giurescu.

A lot of Hellboy lore that hasn't been covered in the pages of any of the comics is taken from Hellboy: The Companion. It's a great read and uncovers a lot of background material on the lives of Abe, Hecate, Hellboy, the Giurescus, and the history of that world. The very best stuff in my opinion is the additional Edward Grey detail, but it's all phenomenal really.
    I would never find, had not read anything about this book. Thank you so much!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by breen2057 View Post
    Zerodemon is 100% correct. his name is mentioned in the very first line of Vladimir Giurescus Character Profile, page 127 of Hellboy: The Companion.

I would love a update to it, since so much has happened since it was published in 2008.
    It would be really amazing.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The companion was fun but I think I've read that Mignola wasn't really a fan so it's unlikely we'll see another.

All-New Member Power Hungry Monkey's Avatar

Hi, couldn't help sticking my nose into this one at the mention of the Companion and the hopes of a new/updated version of it. I've been working on expanding the timeline myself with as many references and dates as possible if any of you are interested:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...1UyMjZOY2VyMzg

If you have anything to add to it or some info that would help please leave a comment in my thread. I'd love for this to become a bit of a community project.

Cheers,
    PHM