View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Copperhead #11

3 23.08%
  • Elephantmen #75

0 0%
  • Green Valley #6 (of 9)

3 23.08%
  • Low #16

2 15.38%
  • Motor Crush #4

4 30.77%
  • Planetoid Praxis #2 (of 6)

0 0%
  • Throwaways #6

0 0%
  • The Wicked + The Divine #27

1 7.69%

Default Weekly Image poll #10 - Low and Copperhead return!

Welcome to another instalment of our weekly Image poll, already the tenth one this year! Yowzers where did February even go?

Last week's poll was a busy one with many new entries, but it was returning heavyweight Rat Queens that started off its relaunch with that most coveted of awards - winning the CBR weekly Image poll!

To take a breather after last week's deluge Image is this time not releasing any new series. We do however get several noteworthy releases: first of all, Copperhead is back after a long hiatus. Drew Moss is on art duties for this new storyline, and looks to eerily replicate the style the sci-fi/western was known for. Low is also back for a brand-new storyline. The gorgeous deep-sea comic this time brings a gladiatorial tale from the deep. Green Valley reprints another issue as has become customary by now, I'd be curious to know how well this is selling with all these reprints.

Lastly special mention must be made of Elephantmen, which is casually hitting another milestone with its 75th issue. And they're not even making a big deal out of it, it's just in the middle of a storyline - as it ought to be.

No new comics means I get to pick this week's cover, and I went with the alt-cover for The Wicked + The Divine. Oh hi there, graphic design students.
    274267.jpg

LOW #16 coming in hot with the automatic vote.

Wicked + Divine #27 and Elephantmen #75 for me.

Wicked + Divine got my vote because it was the more satisfying single-issue read, but Elephantmen looks like it's turning into a slow build showdown. Horn vs Nikken, and Saharha vs Serengeti vs Horn. I really hope this pays off. Sad to say, this book's left me hanging a couple of times in terms of satisfactory arc wraps, but I live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    LOW #16 coming in hot with the automatic vote.
    It got my vote, but it wasn't the best return. I was confused the whole time and now that I'm not confused, it was just boring. They could have included this info back when this arc actually happened.

My vote was for Motor Crush, which to be perfectly honest I mostly pick up for the Isola previews. But this week's issue was pretty exciting, the colours are so great and it has such a dynamism to it. I wished they cranked on the idiocy a bit more - I want this to reach Speed Racer levels haha, and yes I totally mean the movie. Hook that crush right to my veins if it makes everything this kaleidoscopic.