Default Titans #2 Preview

http://comicsalliance.com/dc-rebirth-titans-2-preview/

We are about to have some action!

So it seems Linda has been trying to find Wally after the Rebirth issue...

And it seems the public was aware of the original Teen Titans, but have forgotten they used to be a team, like the Titans did.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Interesting preview. My guess is the Titans in the preview are either fakes created by Abra Kadabra or something like that.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Interesting preview. My guess is the Titans in the preview are either fakes created by Abra Kadabra or something like that.
    Well, there's no proof that they are fakes except for that Kadabra clearly says that they are magical fakes that he made. So i sugest to wait until the issue comes out to be sure.
    /s/
    Everything Lives!

BANNED

So Linda's monologue there provides some interesting perspective on what the typical person in the DCU knows about the Titans. Despite it never being mentioned in his appearances in Aquaman, Garth clearly had a public career as Aqualad. And the same for Donna as Wonder Girl. I don't know that there is anything in their "Aquaman" and "Wonder Woman" appearances that directly disputes that, but there certainly weren't any clues that Garth was anything other than an acquaintance of Arthur's, and of course Wonder Woman acted like she'd never met Donna before.

Previously I thought the world had forgotten Garth and Donna completely, but here the suggestion is just that everyone forgot they were on a team.

Perhaps more retconnishness going on, beyond what we've been shown.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    So Linda's monologue there provides some interesting perspective on what the typical person in the DCU knows about the Titans. Despite it never being mentioned in his appearances in Aquaman, Garth clearly had a public career as Aqualad. And the same for Donna as Wonder Girl. I don't know that there is anything in their "Aquaman" and "Wonder Woman" appearances that directly disputes that, but there certainly weren't any clues that Garth was anything other than an acquaintance of Arthur's, and of course Wonder Woman acted like she'd never met Donna before.

Previously I thought the world had forgotten Garth and Donna completely, but here the suggestion is just that everyone forgot they were on a team.

Perhaps more retconnishness going on, beyond what we've been shown.
    Or Wally's contact with Linda re-awakened her knowledge of the classic Titans, since she's the only one who recognizes them.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Having read this preview, when I saw your post, all I thought was "ayyyyyeee!" Also, that Comics Alliance just pulled a CBR and clickbaited the crap outta that article title (apparently, I'm "back together" with my ex because we awkwardly bumped into each other on the train last week)

Seriously though, I like what I'm seeing so far. Linda's monologue reads well and I'm sure this will be the story that introduce the Titans to the public, if it doesn't outright re-introduce their full history (not sure how the public would NOT try to kill Kadabra once they learn he can pull this stuff though).

When I first read this, all I was thinking was "Wally! Just touch her ONCE, you fool!" I DO like how she went from "fucking stalker!" to "you somehow know me" though. Adds to her reporter-ness and that she believes there's more than what it seems.

Aside from cute moments showing the Titans as a much closer version of the Justice League, and teashing the crap out of Wally/Linda, I don't know where this series is going and that's fun. Wish it double-shipped, because it's been really fun so far.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 08-21-2016 at 04:59 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

I honestly like in this series that we are already dealing with Wally and Linda's relationship coming out of the rebirth special, although it is very interesting to watch as Linda try's to piece together the mystery of who Wally West is.

As for Abra Kadabra, I really do feel as though he's just someone that Dr. Manhattan decided would be a good pawn to make everyone think he removed Wally West from the universe instead of everything leading back to him. That Dr. Manhattan is constantly keeping an eye on those who may know of him and is trying to manipulate the universe around them.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I love team dynamics of this book a lot more than JL and shame that it's not promoted around more. I guess being bunch of characters that will never appear in DCEU cuts its legs.

Linda investigating on Rebirth is a Step in right direction. But it seems Kadabra has actual magic instead of advanced tech.
    Brett Booth is surprisingly improving his artwork (Linda actually looks Asian)

Someone suggested Kadabra went back in time to stop Wally before he got stronger, which makes sense because otherwise why would Kadabra bother with Kid Flash and his friends?

In the end this book is resolving Wally's status quo at the moment. Hopefully at the end of this arc, he will be able to get a solo book.

BANNED

The writing is already improved from issue #1, it seems. Abra is a pretty cartoony and ridiculous villain here, even more than previous versions of him. But I guess that's intentional so I'll see where it goes. But that's a nitpick, the existence of this series still makes me so freaking happy. It even manages to make Linda interesting, instead of just some superfluous non-powered love interest. And I can't wait to see what's next for Wally beyond this series. My all time favorite speedster is back, and he's more important than ever!

Astonishing Member

I really dislike when the panels are tilted diagonally for no reason. It doesn't look good or flow well and doesn't make the best use of page space.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I really dislike when the panels are tilted diagonally for no reason. It doesn't look good or flow well and doesn't make the best use of page space.
    It makes sense if you're gonna use it to convey energetic movement or some kind of frantic-ness (see J. H. Williams III's Batwoman and the Buccelatto/Manapul Flash). It's just that Brett Booth just does them for the sake of doing them because... I don't even know. It's not even 'edgy', it's just... there!

But for what it's worth, Booth's art hasn't turned me off this series as much as I thought it would. He only brought a few of his bad aspects to this series -- the "every day is leg day" thing and perspective fail (which I think has a lot to do with "everyone leans in line they're doing the Naruto run when they run). And his designs for Wally, Garth and Donna are really good. Heck, even Roy would look good with better glasses and a hat that matches his outfit (and that he didn't wear backwards).
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force