Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Is NT/Nyt Thrasher/Dwayne bk yet & leading NW?

If not, den we/SZ'll just continue 2 stay away frm dis title.

No NT, No NW... period!!!!!

I'm getting the first trade when it comes out in september. I really want to support this book but I just can't afford the singles.

The Namorita with white hair, blue skin and white tatoos that took part in that ridiculous Reality TV show was the real Watersnake posing as Nita, and this is Nita thinking she is her. I'm calling it here. I've always claimed that the Night Thrasher that died in CW was not the real one, for Dwayne would never have dressed in such an impratical suit, looking like a bondage queen, would never have taken place in something so ridiculous as a Reality TV show, and would never, I repeat, never let Robbie call the shots on any team he was part of. I guess it could work for Nita too.

Peace

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I'm sorry, but you're missing the point. It isn't about her being Atlantean. It is about her having Nita's facial features, voice, body language, etc. This has been said on-panel.

No, they would not automatically assume other Atlanteans are Namorita, because not every Atlantean has Nita's voice, face, etc.

I'm not missing anything you or anyone else has pointed out I simply do not agree with it. Vance & Robbie's conclusions about her having the same facial, features, voice, body & fighting style are not beyond reproach simply because the psychological & emotional factors at play could very easily be informing those opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    MyriVerse explained it well when he said that if you dye your hair and then go see your friends, they will still recognize you. Same thing here--Watersnake looks and sounds exactly like Nita, so they are convinced its her. Of course, it could turn out to be a clone, an alternate reality double, or something else...but whatever the case, this woman has Nita's voice, face, etc. They are NOT mistaking her for Nita simply because she is an Atantean woman.

Again you're not taking into consideration the emotional & psychological factors that are informing those opinions....How long has it been since Namorita's death? I know Marvel's sliding timescale is wonky but it's been at least 3 or 4 years since they've interacted with Namorita so all they have are their recollections which can be disputed.

Is Justice's mutant power that he has a photographic & instant recall memory that is 100% beyond reproach I understand exactly what both Vance & Robbie are saying & that they believe she looks, sounds, acts & fights like Namorita BUT just because they believe these things it doesn't necessarily make her 100% Namorita & that's what's wrong with what they're saying.

i want to support this book because i love the new warriors, but i don't support the inhuman agenda.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i want to support this book because i love the new warriors, but i don't support the inhuman agenda.

Because they have a grand total of one Inhuman among the cast Not trying to tell you how to spend your money or anything but him being Inhuman hasn't been a really huge part of the book. (not to the extent that it takes over the book or anything anyhow) I think the arc that starts with today's issue focuses on his standing among the new Inhuman community but I believe it's only 2-3 issues long....That's pretty much the extent of the "inhuman agenda" as far as this book goes.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    They're only doing 2 issues that directly address the Inhumans. After that, they shift back to dealing with the Evolutionaries.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Again you're not taking into consideration the emotional & psychological factors that are informing those opinions....How long has it been since Namorita's death? I know Marvel's sliding timescale is wonky but it's been at least 3 or 4 years since they've interacted with Namorita so all they have are their recollections which can be disputed.
    I don't think it's been 3-4 years. But 3-4 years is nothing. Memory is not that fleeting. I still remember, with extremely good certainty, these things about people I knew 10-20 years ago. And this is a very close friend we're talking about, here. They are intimately aware of how Nita was. One or two of these things could be dismissed as coincidence, but not all of them.

Now, sure, it doesn't have to be her, but it is deeply connected to her. This is why I brought up the possibility that she's the original whereas the other Nita was the clone.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    More people NEED to buy this book.
    It's fun and has a pretty great cast of characters.

Please don't get cancelled. I couldn't bear it.
    Sorry, but this is the group that started cw, a storyline so bad I nearly stopped buying comics alltogether. I don't feel like reading them blundering about for a reality show again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    They're only doing 2 issues that directly address the Inhumans. After that, they shift back to dealing with the Evolutionaries.
    I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to stick around if they keep that up; the evolutionary angle is beginning to bore me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Sorry, but this is the group that started cw, a storyline so bad I nearly stopped buying comics alltogether. I don't feel like reading them blundering about for a reality show again.
    This is actually addressed in the most recent issue.
    And since this isn't THAT creative team, I don't see what the problem is.

It's not like the characters are real and actually did that... the writer did.

This also has nothing to do with a reality show, so...

BANNED

I'll take a look, but no promises. But while this isn't that creative group these are still the same characters and I'm a queer duck as I read them as if they are real people with real histories. It's one of the things that makes me a bad fan to most. How do they address it?

This is actually addressed in the most recent issue.
    And since this isn't THAT creative team, I don't see what the problem is.

It's not like the characters are real and actually did that... the writer did.

This also has nothing to do with a reality show, so...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I don't think it's been 3-4 years. But 3-4 years is nothing. Memory is not that fleeting. I still remember, with extremely good certainty, these things about people I knew 10-20 years ago. And this is a very close friend we're talking about, here. They are intimately aware of how Nita was. One or two of these things could be dismissed as coincidence, but not all of them.

Now, sure, it doesn't have to be her, but it is deeply connected to her. This is why I brought up the possibility that she's the original whereas the other Nita was the clone.

I'm not dismissing the possibility that WS could in fact be Namorita but the reasoning they're throwing out there to reach that conclusion is just extremely weak.

How in the world does anybody come to the conclusion after meeting somebody for the first time & having had only brief encounters with them that they're exactly like another person they use to know? It doesn't matter how much they know about Namorita because at this point they know almost next to nothing about Watersnake....They haven't even begun to scratch the surface in terms of getting to know her so how in the world are they going to sit there & say things like she fights & acts exactly like Namorita I'm sorry but that type of logic simply doesn't add up.

Also 3-4 years (which I don't think is an unreasonable estimation of how much time has passed since the Stamford Incident/Civil War) may not be a lengthy period of time but you have to take into consideration what they've each been through since then. She's been dead since that time (presumably anyhow) & they've both had a lot to deal with since then (Robbie more then Vance) so they really haven't had the luxury to sit back & reminisce about her to the point where they can sit there & tell WS to her face she's Namorita.

As far as who says what goes as far as what she looks like in relation to Namorita I'm going to go ahead & believe the person who actually sent her venturing out into the surface world begins with Yes that's right I'm going with Namora's judgement on this one....If Namora really thought she was Nita then why in the world would she have sent her out to the surface world to begin with

Now there's always the possibility Namora & Co. is lying/sending Watersnake on a wild goose chase OR she could simply not be aware she's Nita BUT if you accept that train of thought then why would anyone just automatically jump to the conclusion Robbie & Vance are right just on their say so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    How do they address it?
    Tony Stark tells Speedball and Justice to just forget the whole New Warriors idea and he'll let them be absorbed into the Avengers family.
    He goes on about how people would like to forget Stamford and CW, etc...

Justice basically says no thanks, the team NEEDS to show they are more than what happened those years ago.

Essentially we're being told.
    The past is the past, it's time to move on and we can prove it.

BANNED

That's what I'd expect from Tony, just gloss it over like he did with his own cw stuff. I think they made the right choice as just about everyone on the planet is an Avenger in one way or another right now.
    As to past the past bit... I keep hearing that from politicians and comic book writers and I'm not really one to go with that sort of statement. Not right away anyway. Another thing that makes me a bad fan is a good memory. Though I'm sure that makes the ones who died feel so much better to know that the NW is moving on past that. I'll take a look and see how the moving on works, so far that's involved a second honeymoon for Sue, depowering for She-Hulk, Tony getting the get out of jail free card by means of a memory wipe and Cap being dead for a while and other minor things. It would be nice to see 'moving on' being addressed by good writing for a change.

Tony Stark tells Speedball and Justice to just forget the whole New Warriors idea and he'll let them be absorbed into the Avengers family.
    He goes on about how people would like to forget Stamford and CW, etc...

Justice basically says no thanks, the team NEEDS to show they are more than what happened those years ago.

Essentially we're being told.
    The past is the past, it's time to move on and we can prove it.
    Last edited by Mark; 07-02-2014 at 10:38 AM.