Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It would be nice to see 'moving on' being addressed by good writing for a change.
    It is. Speedball is dealing with it, but in a subtle manner.
    Trust me, this isn't as simple as MOVE ON, WHO CARES ABOUT THE PAST.

It's being handled with care.

As for Tony, remember he got his brain reset awhile back?
    The stuff he did during CW technically wasn't him anymore.
    Comic book science. lol

The Namorita with white hair, blue skin and white tatoos that took part in that ridiculous Reality TV show was the real Watersnake posing as Nita, and this is Nita thinking she is her. I'm calling it here. I've always claimed that the Night Thrasher that died in CW was not the real one, for Dwayne would never have dressed in such an impratical suit, looking like a bondage queen, would never have taken place in something so ridiculous as a Reality TV show, and would never, I repeat, never let Robbie call the shots on any team he was part of. I guess it could work for Nita too.
    This is a pretty good point. I never understood why they portrayed Night Thrasher in such a silly and cartoony way like that. Although Robbie had grown into somewhat of a veteran by that point, it was def ooc for Thrash to be as silently subservient as they showed him.

Justice basically says no thanks, the team NEEDS to show they are more than what happened those years ago.
    While I am glad that Vance basically told Cap and Stark to shove it, doesn't his plea that the "New Warriors need to show they are are more than what happened at Stamfod" ring a little hollow considering almost the entire team is comprised of new creations who have never proven anything?

It seems to me like that would make more sense if it was the original members he was talking about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speedball View Post
    While I am glad that Vance basically told Cap and Stark to shove it, doesn't his plea that the "New Warriors need to show they are are more than what happened at Stamfod" ring a little hollow considering almost the entire team is comprised of new creations who have never proven anything?

It seems to me like that would make more sense if it was the original members he was talking about.
    I think it's more about the legacy of the New Warriors.
    Tony was saying that the name carries baggage... and it does.

They're going to prove that they are more than the name.

I think it's more about the legacy of the New Warriors.
    Tony was saying that the name carries baggage... and it does.

They're going to prove that they are more than the name.
    I love that he is defending and attempting to restore honor to the New Warriors name. I guess I just don't get why he comes across so confident that he can do it when he knows next to nothing about these new individuals or their capabilities.

BANNED

I love that he is defending and attempting to restore honor to the New Warriors name. I guess I just don't get why he comes across so confident that he can do it when he knows next to nothing about these new individuals or their capabilities.
    Because he's believes in them, I reckon.

Vance always had that Captain America vibe to him when it came to the Warriors. This is something like the Kooky Quartet to him.

Peace

BANNED

Tony's what I mean, the marvel writers haven't shown me that they have the will or the talent to handle really deep consequences and feelings, that's why I'll pick this up only a trial basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    It is. Speedball is dealing with it, but in a subtle manner.
    Trust me, this isn't as simple as MOVE ON, WHO CARES ABOUT THE PAST.

It's being handled with care.

As for Tony, remember he got his brain reset awhile back?
    The stuff he did during CW technically wasn't him anymore.
    Comic book science. lol

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    How in the world does anybody come to the conclusion after meeting somebody for the first time & having had only brief encounters with them that they're exactly like another person they use to know? It doesn't matter how much they know about Namorita because at this point they know almost next to nothing about Watersnake....They haven't even begun to scratch the surface in terms of getting to know her so how in the world are they going to sit there & say things like she fights & acts exactly like Namorita I'm sorry but that type of logic simply doesn't add up.
    It's not extremely weak. Are you honestly telling us that if you met someone that looked, sounded, and acted like someone you knew you wouldn't think it was that person? Sorry, but I will not believe you if you say you wouldn't. It's your logic that doesn't add up. Knowing Water Snake is irrelevant.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 07-02-2014 at 01:00 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier