Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Cain's "Mockingbird" Tell A "Civil War II" Tale of Murder, Metaphysics & Cosplay

Chelsea Cain explains how Bobbi Morse deals with her husband killing the Hulk, and how the Bermuda Triangle plays into it.

Full article here.

"Jerry Garcia has a quote about the Grateful Dead. "We're like licorice," he said. "Not everybody likes licorice, but the people who like licorice really like licorice." People who buy and read "Mockingbird" seem to really like it, but not a lot of people buy and read "Mockingbird." She is a C-list female character. I get it. It's a rough sell. And at some point, Marvel is going to do the math."

Well, CBR had one of these articles for all books that were about to be cancelled, and now this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, CBR had one of these articles for all books that were about to be cancelled, and now this.
    It's sad, I really enjoy the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Leach View Post
    It's sad, I really enjoy the title.
    Ditto :-/

It always seems as if the comics that are doing something different and enjoyable don't sell.

At the very least... as long as this book lasts, I will enjoy it immensely.

Yeah this interview reminds me of the one Hayden Blackman gave at the start of the second big arc on his 'Elektra' run where he all but confirmed that the book was cancelled. It's a shame as I do love this book and it sells better than the likes of 'Hellcat' and 'Moon-girl' which Marvel seem determined to persevere with.

If this book had a different creative team I would have bought it. The art is god-awful and the writing is even worse. It has a smart-ass tone to it that I don't like. I don't see myself ever buying anything Ms. Cain writes.

BANNED

is this how she deals with her ex's hypocrisy by trying to forget about it on a cruise? She should be trying to clean his clock for all the bullshit he spewed at her at a difficult point of her life instead of supporting her but no she still has a soft spot for her straight shooter hubby. sheesh another opportunity to make an issue of relationships between the superhero community affected due to the Civil War as depicted in scarlet witch and Captain America was lost
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 08-22-2016 at 12:56 PM.

All-New Member

Mostly, I just wanted to follow up on the fact that Nick Fury administered Super Solider Serum and Infinity Formula to Bobbi a few years ago, and then -- nothing happened. Big fat nada.
    You know besides the super strength and jumping and tearing apart a Hydra mech with her bare hands.

It comes as no surprise that this will end after the Civil War II tie-ins but it's disappointing none the less. I just hope Bobbi is highlighted in another book, hopefully Occupy Avengers since it will be a smaller cast and it'd be another reason to read a David Walker book. Just don't want to see her disappear all together (unless Bermuda Triangle!) between publishing and TV.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I am LOVING this book.
    It isn't a guaranteed cancellation yet, I don't think. Or I hope not anyways. It is one of two books I get monthly from Marvel. I wait for Marvel Unlimited on everything else.

I think Bobbi taking a cruise to get the hell out of dodge makes sense. She and Clint will have their discussion, but right now it is too fresh and too much of a circus to deal with it, so she is taking her leave. It happens. I just know that I am enjoying the heck out of it.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Let her live, marvel!

One of the very best books currently going. Cain is elevating and redefining Bobbi's criminally overlooked status in comics in the best way since Jim McCann's short lived mini. I feel like if this is cancelled, no one will fight or write for her like Cain does and she'll just disappear yet again.
    Last edited by Muffin Crud; 08-22-2016 at 02:11 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Reading what Cain said regarding her plans post this arc was sad. No matter how much longer it lasts, I'm just glad that we got to have a Mockingbird ongoing for a bit. Though I am hoping that it will to get to go on a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    It comes as no surprise that this will end after the Civil War II tie-ins but it's disappointing none the less. I just hope Bobbi is highlighted in another book, hopefully Occupy Avengers since it will be a smaller cast and it'd be another reason to read a David Walker book. Just don't want to see her disappear all together (unless Bermuda Triangle!) between publishing and TV.
    I agree with every word you wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    is this how she deals with her ex's hypocrisy by trying to forget about it on a cruise? She should be trying to clean his clock for all the bullshit he spewed at her at a difficult point of her life instead of supporting her but no she still has a soft spot for her straight shooter hubby. sheesh another opportunity to make an issue of relationships between the superhero community affected due to the Civil War as depicted in scarlet witch and Captain America was lost
    Or they could go the 'classy' route. While I'm sure Bobbi wouldn't agree with what Clint has done - if anyone knows how difficult the decision was for Clint it would be her. Making her at least partially sympathetic/understanding would show more mature writing IMO.