Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedog2k5 View Post
    And maybe Marvel could include a free download of Jethro Tull's "Aqualung" to all who purchase it!
    That....or The Heart of the Matter by Don Henley.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    What if Victor wanted the Iron Maiden name? No worries, I keed, I keed.
    Or how about IronPants?

I always think Doom is omnisexual (or is it pansexual?) anyway. He seemed to be interested in FemLoki for a while. That could have gone either way.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookNoob View Post
    Does anyone have any idea when this is supposed to come out?
    Early October, probably the 5th.

It's a PERFECT code name...I absolutely love it. Can't wait for the book!

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    LOL! So the book will still be called Iron Man but the lead character will be called Ironheart? Is this a play on all those years that Stark's life was in danger because of the shrapnel near his heart?
    I'm hope so. Otherwise it sounds like they wanted 'heart' because she's a girl. I'd have preferred if the was Ironclad or Ironwill or Warlord (or WarLady).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I have to admit it's a nice codename and it gives Tony the chance to return as Iron Man with a writer who can understand him and treat him better, as she follows the steps of characters like Rhodes (who took War Machine/Iron Patriot), Pepper (Rescue), how Toni Ho'll do (Iron Patriot) and even Arno Stark, characters that are part of the legacy of Iron Man.

Now my big concern is Doom as Iron Man (who hadn't done anything to deserve it).
    How about saving all of existence of from being wiped out by the Beyonders just because they felt like running a little experiment?

As a long time fan, I've been saying for a while that Doom needed a new direction / goal in life. Bendis says in his interview that now that he's touched the sun, where do you go from there? At the conclusion of Secret Wars, he was given a clean slate...with the Reality Gem taking away his scarred features he really had lost quite a bit of what drives him. That plus having a major epiphany after the final fight with Reed. I'd have more confidence in the project if Bendis wasn't scripting. But I have to give him credit for at least trying something different.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know while I don't really care about Doctor Doom as Iron Man but this makes me wonder if Doom will have an AI in his armor.
    That would probably be the first thing he rips out of the design. He'd never let some busybody A.I tell him what to do.

Steve Colle

IRONHEART doesn't roll off the proverbial tongue as easily as the other discarded names do. Out loud and in my mind, I hear "Lionheart" because IRON and LION sound similar. This is a more commonly known reference. Also, when I think of Ironheart, it immediately makes me think of Iron Lung. That also shouldn't happen. It isn't as bad as naming Steve Rogers "The Captain" when John Walker took over the mantle of Captain America, but I have a feeling selling the concept will still be awkward for readers.

iMan 42s

So if the book will still be called Invincible Iron man, why is it getting a new #1? The main character is different unless Tony doesn't leave the book as lead at all and she is more of an apprentice who is getting pushed.

I don't hate Iron heart as a name. I don't know why she is getting called Iron heart and the book is staying Invincible Iron man but here we are. That's kind of a bait and switch on Marvel's part that being said.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Ironheart is quite a decent name for her.

If she was named Iron Maiden then the book had better be drawn by Derek Riggs!

Quote Originally Posted by goof View Post
    If she was named Iron Maiden then the book had better be drawn by Derek Riggs!
    Better yet, Wally Wood. (thinking about the T.H.U.N.D.E.R AGENTS villainess)

Cbr's poll doesn't have "I like it" as a choice, so I voted, "Not Sure". But I like it, I think it works, as far as the name on the book, well, I'm pretty sure Tony will be funding RiRi's operation, so I'm sure his presence will be felt, wether he's physically in the book or not. I hadn't been reading Iron Man lately, (so issues #7 & #9 weren't cheap, lol) but I'm willing to give RiRi and Infamous Doom a shot.
    #MagnetoWasRight

Ironheart sounds like the name of a transformer, riri's almost like a pretender, but in reverse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Marvel have no faith in their new characters so they have to make the legacy characters so they can hopefully get the fans of the old character interested in the new character
    If The Miles Morales Book Was Simply Called Kid Arachnid: Morales Morales It Wouldn't sell at all

same with if Unworthy Thor was just called The Odinson

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    If The Miles Morales Book Was Simply Called Kid Arachnid: Morales Morales It Wouldn't sell at all

same with if Unworthy Thor was just called The Odinson
    Kid Arachnid is also an awful name. Also Kid being in the name, what happens when he hits 20?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.