Default Aspiring Filmmaker Thread

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone here was an aspiring filmmaker here and thought it might be fun to make a thread for us to share some of our work (short films etc) here just to get some peer reviews, thoughts on how to improve, share ideas for projects etc. I am an aspiring filmmaker and I recently just made a short film in the 48 hour film project competition. It's my first time attempting to direct a short action/ drama film and would love to get some thoughts on how to improve and stuff because I know there are some mistakes. I also have a film I worked as a production assistant on with Chad Coleman from HBO's The Wire and Walking Dead I could share. If this thread isn't a good idea mods can shut it down ha. I just thought it would be kinda fun!

Anyway, here is my first action/ drama short film called " The Job".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kncz_lgnAZc

Short film with Chad

https://vimeo.com/74230789

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I'm an aspiring filmmaker except I never really make films
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

By the time I was ready enough to let a steady grounded job go and purchase my dream... I was told being too old for film school (26 then) *sob* That's why theese days life often sucks for me. But hey at least there's always a comic or comic movie to look forward to. Loved the Wire back then.

All-New Member

Recently, I'm also interested in filming short movies and later who knows...
    I made a script for movie of 10 minutes, but I didn't know how to contact some "big" names in film industry. But, just before 2 days ago I met a guy who has worked with Steven Spielberg and he promised to push up my next work because I already have made some progress on other stories... So, I think that if you want to do something seriously in filmmaking, you should definitely know someone who can advise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    The Job is not bad for a 7:56 minute film
    Thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    By the time I was ready enough to let a steady grounded job go and purchase my dream... I was told being too old for film school (26 then) *sob* That's why theese days life often sucks for me. But hey at least there's always a comic or comic movie to look forward to. Loved the Wire back then.
    I am 28 and been doing film stuff since I was 22 but never actually went to film school. I just studied TV Broadcast in college and did freelance stuff from there and that moved on to film. It's never to late to pursue your dreams!!

I've taken a few stabs at making shorts. Here's one I did with a few friends a little while ago.

https://youtu.be/YrCGmt-6J3w

Quote Originally Posted by midgetradio View Post
    I've taken a few stabs at making shorts. Here's one I did with a few friends a little while ago.

https://youtu.be/YrCGmt-6J3w
    Good stuff!

I'm a professional filmmaker from Colombia (South America) and have 20 years on the job experience. I've made two features and many shorts, music video clips, corporate videos and TV ads. During the last four years I've been working in several projects with Hollywood producers, writers and production companies. All of them are still in development but hopefully one of them will eventually go into production. If you have specific questions about art, craft or the market I would be happy to answer as best as I can.