Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: "Civil War II" Fallout Continues in "Champions," "Occupy Avengers" Solicits

November brings big changes to Marvel Comics, and CBR has a first look at "Avengers" #1.1, "Champions" #2 and "Occupy Avengers" #1 solicitations.

Full article here.

BANNED

I don't know why but young Cyclops makes me think about the maker aka Reed Richards

I wonder how the .1 issue could tie-in to the present? Is it related to what Vision did with baby Kang?

I guess Sam has some issues with Cyclops...

Superheroes as a privileged class? Eh...I think get what they're going for, but not sure how I feel about applying that given how much Superheroes put on the line to save people on such a daily basis, and what they have to sacrifice. Not that I guess it matters to the common people, and I can understand why they feel Superheroes aren't held accountable for what they do, though that should ostensibly be SHIELD's job...

Clint is also the last person who should be involved with the idea of taking back justice, in any form, but I guess that's part of the point.

So Hawkeye is borrowing Green Arrow's social crusader angle. Weird. Lets see how that turns out. Still don't like how Clint murdered Banner.

Woah, the rest of the Occupy Avengers team are definitely secondary to Clint - the book's logo is in the same font as Hawkeye's! I expect Kate will either use an old one or a completely new one, and not the one from the previous volumes she appeared in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how the .1 issue could tie-in to the present? Is it related to what Vision did with baby Kang?

Superheroes as a privileged class? Eh...I think get what they're going for, but not sure how I feel about applying that given how much Superheroes put on the line to save people on such a daily basis, and what they have to sacrifice. Not that I guess it matters to the common people, and I can understand why they feel Superheroes aren't held accountable for what they do, though that should ostensibly be SHIELD's job...

Clint is also the last person who should be involved with the idea of taking back justice, in any form, but I guess that's part of the point.
    "Normal" people are whining babies, just beause they don't see it they believe superheroes have everything. But believe they can be everywhere and anytime just because they have powers and when they don't they turn against them. So I will not even pretend I support Hawkeye.

BANNED

so basically the heroes of the peoples are the heroes who aren't good enough to be on the avengers?

Has anyone heard if Avengers 1.1 a one-shot or an ongoing series?
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Extraordinary Member

I'm looking forward to the Untold Tales of Cap's Kooky Quartet (aka Avengers 1.1). That's my favorite Avengers lineup and there have been few stories about it, with most flashback stories focusing on the less interesting original lineup. (Though the flashback story in Thunderbolts 9 was good.) Waid should have fun with it, it's right in his and Kitson's wheelhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Has anyone heard if Avengers 1.1 a one-shot or an ongoing series?
    I think I read somewhere that it will be a limited series, so 5 or 6 issues. There was a similar flashback Spider-Man 1.1. miniseries a while back.

Astonishing Member

Why so much blame for Hawkeye when the blame should be on Bendis for writing a terrible story and having everyone totally out of character? Although, I suppose he's just keeping up that tradition from the first Civil War so maybe it's actually Mark Millar's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Are they counting the X-men or just the Avengers ?.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Why so much blame for Hawkeye when the blame should be on Bendis for writing a terrible story and having everyone totally out of character? Although, I suppose he's just keeping up that tradition from the first Civil War so maybe it's actually Mark Millar's fault.
    I do think it's, unfortunately, very easy to hold bad writing and out-of-characterness against the character rather then the writer .
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Are they counting the X-men or just the Avengers ?.

So...Occupy Avengers is just the A-Team with a gimmicky title?

Alright

Quote Originally Posted by InsertCleverNameHere View Post

Alright
    "In 2016, a crack commando was not sent to prison by a military or any court for a crime he did commit. This man promptly escaped from an apartment on New York to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still not wanted by the government he survive as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him....maybe you can hire The A-Team."
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 08-22-2016 at 02:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by InsertCleverNameHere View Post

Alright
    "A-Force" was taken.