Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    What you need is a paring knife--when I was a cook in the navy, we each had our own paring knife in our back pocket. Also a spoon and a fork and a bowl or dish. Save the plastic containers from take-out and you can use those--also the plastic cutlery (but throw them out after a few uses). You might want a small wood board to use as a cutting surface.

Fresh vegetables and fruits save on cooking and refrigeration. Hopefully have a sink and fresh water to clean your groceries. An apple and a paring knife makes a meal. Add some cheese and you have a feast. If you have strong teeth, carrots and broccoli are good to chomp on. If you are worried about breaking your teeth, then mushrooms. Put some sour cream or mayo in a bowl or dish, cut pieces of fruit and veg with your paring knife and dip them in the bowl.
    That is really helpful, Jim. Thank you and happy holidays.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Fror X-Mas I made Pork loin with pork gravy, mashed potatoes, pork stuffing and peas with a little buttered roll. Yum. A delicious dinner for myself. Presents next. As small as they are.

Ultimate Member

Mussels! Yum!

Cod, mixed veggies and rice.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ultimate Member

10 piece hot wings from down the street. They came with steak fries and cole saw.

Retired

Normally I buy ham for Easter, but the bane of my existence is the buy two for a reduced price offer. That's what the supermarket had for ham and many other items. And there's no point in buying two, when I only need one. But then I feel like I'm not getting a good deal. So I didn't buy the ham and bought Ukrainian sausage instead.

However, in our family, we always had ham and potato salad for Easter--which was and is one of my favourite meals.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

In 2022, me and my brother finally got into coffee. I first tried to drink it years ago when I was at a senior care/rehab facility and it didn't go well, but we have been enjoying the experience. Can only drink decaf due to gastric issues but the fun has been searching for the best decaf on the market.

He tends to drink it black while I like plenty of cream.

I'm having a store-made Stop & Shop chocolate chip cookie with a cup of decaf Folgers instant coffee (black / no sugar).

Salmon with capers and sweet potato. For dessert, pancakes with palm honey
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Just some easy finger food I threw in the oven: Chicken tenders and french fries.

Cooked some lemon pepper chicken, chicken rice, and California blend veggies.

Raviolis and Marinara sauce.

Extraordinary Member

Gas station sashimi; that's where it's at!

All-New Member

I usually drink a smoothie for breakfast. Combine strawberries, milk, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla in a blender. Add ice and blend it in a juicer or blender until smooth and creamy. Very tasty and nourishing.

Chocolate chip cookies.