Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast
    Invincible Member

Probably not the best for breakfast food, but instant noodles ( "beef" flavor ).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Probably not the best for breakfast food, but instant noodles ( "beef" flavor ).
    Yep, I've been there. Sometimes you just have to grab whatever's at hand.

For dinner gonna have Spaghetti and meatballs with a big Summer Salad and garlic bread!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Retired

I have different meals on different days. I have certain mornings where I eat eggs and certain mornings where I don't. My most frequent way to prepare eggs is sunny side up. I've got it down to a science. I don't like to break the yolk and I eat around it, then pop the whole yolk in my mouth. But if the yolk does break, then I mop it up with a slice of toast. The problem is runny yolks always stick to the plate and then you have a devil of a time cleaning it.

Sometimes, if I'm in no rush, I'll make eggs Benedict. Or a soft boiled egg with soldiers. Every now and then I try to make an omelette, but without much luck.

Invincible Member

I didn't feel like cooking tonite, so the Bodega on the corner has these little ready made meals they fix. This one is "Steak and Pasta". However it's really ground beef and pasta with tomato sauce and parmesan cheese. And I also bought "lemon lime" soda.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I have different meals on different days. I have certain mornings where I eat eggs and certain mornings where I don't. My most frequent way to prepare eggs is sunny side up. I've got it down to a science. I don't like to break the yolk and I eat around it, then pop the whole yolk in my mouth. But if the yolk does break, then I mop it up with a slice of toast. The problem is runny yolks always stick to the plate and then you have a devil of a time cleaning it.

Sometimes, if I'm in no rush, I'll make eggs Benedict. Or a soft boiled egg with soldiers. Every now and then I try to make an omelette, but without much luck.
    Most mornings I alternate between either a bowl of oatmeal or grits, but I usually wind up eating a couple of heavy omelettes also in order to hold my weight.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Eggs, bacon, home-fried potatoes with garlic bagels. All made at home of course.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

BANNED

eating DiGiorno rising crust sausage and pepperoni while watching Matrix 4 on Tubi

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Ham and cheese hot pockets for a late night snack.

Astonishing Member

Ate 3 hardboiled eggs and quinoa flavored with sweetner and vanilla extract. The quinoa was surprisingly tasty.

Invincible Member

Campbell's Chunky Soup, chicken and sausage gumbo flavor. Tasty and filling. It was a little more spicy than I expected.

Retired

Yesterday, I made a batch of cabbage rolls like my Dad would make. I put them in the freezer and that should last me until next year, but on the weekend I'll be heating a few up in the oven--with tomato soup poured over them and bay leaves, for my Thanksgiving dinner. Actually the federal holiday is on Monday, but civilized people celebrate Thanksgiving on Sunday like it was intended. However, I will be roasting my Cornish hen on Saturday, to spread it out over two days. With that I'll have mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce and creamed corn, plus the cabbage rolls. The last few years I've also made Knödel, but it's a bit involved and requires lots of stale bread, so I'm skipping the Knödel this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Yesterday, I made a batch of cabbage rolls like my Dad would make. I put them in the freezer and that should last me until next year, but on the weekend I'll be heating a few up in the oven--with tomato soup poured over them and bay leaves, for my Thanksgiving dinner. Actually the federal holiday is on Monday, but civilized people celebrate Thanksgiving on Sunday like it was intended.
    In Canada, you get Thanksgiving this weekend, but here in the U.S. we'll be observing Columbus Day, a day to honor a guy from Italy who sailed under the flag of Spain and who we use to be told discovered America. (But, of course, it turns out he really got lost trying to find his way to India and elsewhere in the Far East, and where he landed was in the Bahamas. And can you "discover" a place if people have already been living there?)

Extraordinary Member

I am eating nothing tonight. I tried, but damn near cut my fingertip off when the knife slipped in the onion. I was careless, and am paying the price. In lots of blood.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I am eating nothing tonight. I tried, but damn near cut my fingertip off when the knife slipped in the onion. I was careless, and am paying the price. In lots of blood.
    Hope your finger is okay. Take care of it.

Maybe you can order a favorite food and have it delivered? It will make you feel better.