Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Rebirth Continues to Loom Large in DC Comics' November 2016 Solicits

"Mother Panic" arrives in Gotham City, Robin meets Superboy, "New Talent Showcase" returns and more!

Full article here.

I find it hilarious that Flash Bombshell is changed from Patty to Jesse Quick.

Looks like we get a teaser to some of the other villains involved in All-Star Batman from those slot machine faces.

I figured Mera would have to go through some kind of trial or right of passage before she could marry Arthur and become Queen, though it's also not surprising that people are trying to sabotage her (guess she still has some enemies after the Parker run). Looks like we're getting closer and closer to the wedding .

Nice that Arthur's plans for sea/surface co-existence is back on track, though now Manta is coming back to muck things up.

Looking forward to King and Janin together again, as well as King writing Catwoman and Bane. That annual also looks amazing.

Oooh, Jaime with a new love interest? That should be interesting, and I guess kinda necessary since Traci's been shipped off to the Superman books...

So Jericho's going to be making his first post-Rebirth appearance in the present. I wonder if we'll start getting out teases to Judas Contract as well? And we also get Deathstroke vs. Superman, which should be cool.

Steph taking attitude with Batman is nothing new, though I wonder if it's compounded by how a certain plot development that may be happening in 'Tec?

Wow, The Shade fighting The Flash? It'll be tough to top what Robinson did with him, but it certainly looks interesting, and we're getting the partnership between Barry and Kid Flash Wally developed, which should be good.

So it looks like now that Green Arrow is an outlaw and Oliver Queen is dead, he and the rest of Team Arrow (and Black Canary) are going to continue the fight with the Ninth Circle and try to keep Queen Industries honest.

Looks like the Phantom Ring is very closely tied to the Emotional Spectrum...seeing Simon and Jessica in the different Corps. colors is kinda neat.

So the Green Lantern Corps. and the Sinestro Corps. are now working together? And Hal is gone? I imagine the former is probably thanks to Soranik, and the latter might be related to Hal's new ring and potentialy how he beats Sinestro.

Kinda funny that two separate books (GLC and New Super-Man) are using Starro as a villain.

After the annual with Superman, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of Dick interacting with Clark, with the added caveat that this is Post-Crisis Superman and not exactly the Superman Dick knew and looked up to. Dr. Destiny also seems like the perfect villain for Seeley to use.

I hope we get more Rucka on Wonder Woman once the "Truth" and the "Lies" are finished.

That New Talent Showcase sounds...interesting. Are we getting Hawkgirl's official Rebirth debut? And Kyle and Carol arguing over...ice cream ?

Titans #5
    Nightwing #8-9
    Detective Comics #944-945
    Green Lanterns #10-11
    Superman #10-11
    Supergirl #3
    The Flash #10-11
    Green Arrow #10-11
    Blue Beetle #3

A few thoughts on this month

- Did I read that right? Did it just say that the Green Lantern Corps is working with the Sinestro Corps?!? This I gotta see to believe.

-Love that we are setting up Supersons, can't wait for next year.

-Flash and Kid Flash working together at last sounds like it will be fun.

-The Young Animal line looks great, hopefully I'll be able to try some of it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Black Lightning returns in the Injustice Annual! And so it begins...

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

New Talent Showcase thingy sounds pretty interesting.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE #2
    DOOM PATROL #3
    SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL #2
    AQUAMAN #10 and 11
    NIGHTWING #8 and 9
    CATWOMAN: ELECTION NIGHT #1

Trade waiting-
    Batman
    The Sheriff of Babylon
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-22-2016 at 11:11 PM.

"Plus, what happened to Hal Jordan—and who can bring him back from beyond?"

Well, Kyle obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

That New Talent Showcase sounds...interesting. Are we getting Hawkgirl's official Rebirth debut? And Kyle and Carol arguing over...ice cream ?
    Almost everything about this month sounded great until I saw that they had the Kyle and Carol storyline in the New talent showcase. In my opinion that relationship was one of the worst parts of the NEW 52 and I was really hoping that it would not carry over to Rebirth. Having Johns take almost a decade to restore the Hal and Carol relationship, only to have it end for reasons that made no sense just one issue after Johns left was infuriating. In addition the Kyle and Carol relationship came out of nowhere and seemed really forced. Not sure why DC thought that pairing was every a good idea.

Other than that it looks to be a great month for DC. The young animal lineup looks great.
    Last edited by regg215; 08-22-2016 at 03:12 PM.

Spectacular Member

Very excited to see how the Shade fits in with new Flash. I believe this is the first we've seen him since Robinson's mini a few years back?

The solicit for Cave Carson also sounds awesome. Hope people get behind the Young Animal books. Mother Panic is the YA I'm least into but may get it just for the Tommy Lee Edwards art.

Kinda suprised we're only getting two Rebirth annuals since November is a five week month. Thought there may be one of a monthly book like Titans.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Still lots of stuff coming from DC in November, will try to pick up...

52 vol 2 TP
    Action Comics #967-#968
    All-Star Batman #4
    Aquaman #10-#11
    Batgirl #5
    Batgirl & The Birds of Prey #4
    Batman #10-11
    Batman Annual #1
    Batman Beyond #2
    Blue Beetle #3
    Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye#2
    Cyborg #4-#5
    Deathstroke #6-#7
    Detective Comics #944-#945
    Doom Patrol #3
    Earth 2: Society #18
    The Flash #10-#11
    The Flintstones #5
    Future Quest #7
    Gotham Academy:Second Semester #3
    Green Arrow #10-#11
    Green Lanterns #10-#11
    Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps #8-#9
    Harley Quinn #7-#8
    Hawkman & Adam Strange Out of Time #2
    He-Man/Thundercats #2
    The Hellblazer #4
    Justice League #8-#9
    Justice League Vol 8: Darkseid War Part 2
    Mother Panic #1
    New Super-Man #5
    New Talent Showcase #1
    Nightwing #8-#9
    Raven #2
    Red Hood & The Outlaws #4
    Red Thorn #13
    Sandman Mystery Theatre Book 2 TP
    Shade The Changing Girl #2
    Suicide Squad #6-#7
    Supergirl #3
    Superman #10-#11
    Superman Annual #1
    Superpowers #1
    Superwoman #4
    Teen Titans #2
    Titans #5
    Trinity #3
    Vigilante: Southland #2
    Wonder Woman #10-#11
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

I'm honestly surprised Earth-2: Society is still going. The title is selling well below cancelation level. I'm curious as to what DC is still trying to salvage at this point, especially with the proper Justice Society eventually returning?

for me:

All-Star Batman #4
    Batgirl #5
    Harely Quinn #7 and #8 and Suicide Squad #6 and #7 (i am one of the ones who really liked the movie!!)
    Justice League #8 and #9
    Superman #10 and #11 (Jon meets Damian? Can't wait!!)

and that's it! Probably not much for many of you, but it's the first time i buy so many comics (as i said in another post, i'm really enjoying Rebirth!)

i dropped Aquaman because i was very disappointed by it but i will probably buy the TPB in future cos i want to follow the character.

Is that New Talent Showcase the first use of Kyle since Omega Men? Going from what happens in that book from arguing about Ice Cream is pretty hilarious if true

Also looks like someone finally realized they were still publishing Doctor Fate and finally pulled the plug. I enjoy that book and I'm still kind of amazed it even made it to 12 issues after that big culling of the DCyou titles.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    Black Lightning returns in the Injustice Annual! And so it begins...
    Really? *crosses fingers for injustice 2 appearance*

Anyway that Trinity cover though so beautiful and yay to Mera getting more action.