Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Look at that gorgeous Clay Mann's art. Stunning.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Hope you are using www.dcbservice.com like I am...much better prices.

I've been tempted to use em, but nah I still like to support my LCS. They are pretty good though. I usually get about $5.00- $10.00 off my total depending on how large my stack is. Just a perk of shopping at the same place for so long I guess.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Hope you are using www.dcbservice.com like I am...much better prices.
    Been with them since 2011. I will never pay full price again. ;-) Plus you can't beat delivery to your front door.

Getting:
    Cave Carson
    He-man/Thundercats
    Future quest
    Cyborg
    Batman beyond

Since Trinity is a monthly I was expecting Francis Manapul to stick around for at least an arc before Clay Mann pitched in... I'm not sure their styles will mix that well.

And I guess Frank Cho is only doing one variant cover then? Is this the only Rebirth title with rotating variant cover artists now?

For me

- Aquaman cause Mera
    - Flash
    - Nightwing
    - New Super-Man
    - Red Hood
    - Scooby Doo Apocalypse
    - New Talent Showcase

- Mail Subscribe: Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Superman, Wonder Woman
    - Maybe: Batman Annual
    - Trades: Batman Death & Maidens, Flash Waid, Clean Room
    - Trade Wait: All-Star Batman, Trinity, Clean Room, Frostbite
    - Skip Month & Trade Wait: DK3

The New Talent Showcase intrigues me, but I'll need to see the art.

And it looks like Dr. Fate's being cancelled... just in time for Rebirth Wave 2...

BTW... Seriously... What is up with all the ads?
    There's one after every three or four solicits.
    It keeps making my page refresh.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 08-22-2016 at 07:55 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Mother Panic #1
    Cave Carson #2
    Doom Patrol #3
    Shade #2
    AS Batman #4
    Batgirl #5
    Batgirl & BoP #4
    Batman 10, 11
    Batman Annual #1
    Deathstroke 6, 7
    Tec 944, 945
    Harley 7, 8
    The Hellblazer #4
    JL 8, 9
    Nightwing 8, 9
    Supergirl #3
    Superwoman #4
    Trinity #3
    Wonder Woman 10, 11
    Prez: Election Night #1
    Gotham Academy #3
    The Flintstones #5
    Clean Room #14
    Frostbite #3
    The Sheriff of Babylon #12

Astro City took a month off? That's rare.

I'm trade waiting the mini series like Sixpack & Dogwelder.
    Double shipping also has me trade waiting or maybe waiting for 99cent digital sales for Superman, Green Lanterns, and maybe Aquaman.

Fantastic Member

Scooby-Doo Team-Up #20 (with guest starring SPACE GHOST) !

Quote Originally Posted by dcfanpal View Post
    Scooby-Doo Team-Up #20 (with guest starring SPACE GHOST) !
    FINALLY! I can hardly wait for THAT one!
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Astonishing Member

Seems to be some mix-up with the numbering for Nightwing. The mistake is also on the DC website.

New Talent Showcase looks exciting. Emma Beeby is the only name I recognise from that list through several Doctor Who audios she wrote for Big Finish Productions, plus she's doing a good job with the Fourth Doctor mini-series Titan Comics is currently doing. Can't wait for more Kyle, and after the emotional trauma he went through in Omega Men an ice cream argument sounds like just the tonic. In an interview on the Podcast of Oa Robert Venditti said he hadn't been reading Omega Men, so that coupled with the cameos he made in HJGLC Rebirth #1, it looks like Kyle is how he was at the end of New Guardians. Which is a shame, as Omega Men gave him great character development.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Definitely:
    MOTHER PANIC #1 - Really looking forward to the Young Animals line, and this premise sounds cool. Sounds like Violet could be a darker Batman.
    CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE #2 - Giving this an arc. The "retired adventurer" thing sounds interesting though, since I always like the idea of older adventurers.
    DOOM PATROL #3 - Just... please be good! I want a good modern Doom Patrol! Also, was it ever mentioned if Geoff Johns' Doom Patrol would be in this or canon at all?
    SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL #2
    ALL STAR BATMAN #4
    AQUAMAN #10 - Yes! Finally! Mera and Arthur acted like they were married anyway, so it's good that it finally happens.
    AQUAMAN #11 - N.E.M.O. will never be a threatening name. They could kill Arthur's kid again and I still wouldn't take them seriously with that name.
    BATMAN BEYOND #2
    BATGIRL #5 - Didn't really like the first issue, but I'm gonna give it an arc. Plus, reading everything Bat anyway.
    BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY #4
    BATMAN #10 - Mikel Janin! Also, calling it: The arcs are gonna be "I am Gotham", "I am Suicide", "I am Batman", with a few more "I am..." arcs in between following the theme, and "I am Batman" will be the one where Bruce dies again or the new Batman replaces him.
    BATMAN #11
    BATMAN ANNUAL #1 - It's a longshot, but I hope they retcon Mr. Freeze's origin back to the DCAU one. New 52 Freeze origin screams 'edgy'.
    DEATHSTROKE #6 - Giving it an arc. Hasn't really grabbed me, but I'm glad Priest knows Deathstroke is an asshole and isn't afraid to show it.
    DEATHSTROKE #7 -
    DETECTIVE COMICS #944 - Oh, ANOTHER underground organisation huh? Jeez... Tynion likes those, doesn't he?
    DETECTIVE COMICS #945 - And when Spoiler leaves, so will a ton of your sales. Same with any non-Batman character, really.
    THE FLASH #10 - Omg the Shade! This HAS to lead to Jay Garrick, right? Don't tease me like this, DC! Also, didn't he have a miniseries around the start of the New 52?
    THE FLASH #11 - I wonder what NuWally's relationship with the Flash is like? And how it will affect his relationship with Barry? I mean, they can't just use Wally's beat for beat, so... huh. I DEMAND another case of Kid Flash thinking Barry is lame and that Iris should date the Flash.
    "Flash, why don't YOU date Iris? I mean, she likes this guy called Barry, but he's so angsty."
    "At least he's not BORING! Like what Wally said!"
    "Wait... what?"
    NIGHTWING #9 (or 8... guys, you had ONE JOB!)
    NIGHTWING #9 - I like that Dick will meet Superman. I wonder if Clark will tell HIS version of the Nightwing name origin. I hope they don't make it some distrustful relationship though. Both characters really aren't about that.
    SUICIDE SQUAD #6
    SUICIDE SQUAD #7 - First issue wasted too much time giving the premise of the team AGAIN after the Rebirth and special already did that. But Williams seems to understand the characters well, especially Harley Quinn whom he seems to understand better than 90% of writers. But Jim Lee's art feels rushed and unfinished even, at least in the first issue (and he didn't even have to do the whole issue!).
    TEEN TITANS #2 - Please don't have dialogue as bad as Green Arrow!
    TITANS #5 - Pft, Wally dies, and your sales tank. Also, c'mooooon Linda!
    TRINITY #3 - So Manapul's not gonna do more art? Aww... oh well, Mann's a good artist, just... Manapul art! Not even a cover?
    WONDER WOMAN #10 - Wait, so what's happening with issue 8?
    WONDER WOMAN #11 - What? Hey, whatever, man. I'm loving this series, so Rucka can do whatever he wants as long as he doesn't insult previous, non-Finch Wonder Woman stuff
    NEW TALENT SHOWCASE #1 - Bit much to be asking for stories from untested writers, but whatever. Cool idea, and I hope to find at elast one writer whose work I like and can follow (give me another Tom King, DC!) New Hawkgirl? Cool. Also, Kyle's back! But as White Lantern? And Diana's the god of war again? Is this stuff not canon Cover doesn't look great, and seriously, every full body shot of Superman I've seen where he's NOT covered by shadow seems to actively DRAW ATTENTION to the underwear problem.
    SUICIDE SQUAD MOST WANTED: EL DIABLO/KILLER CROC #4 - El Diablo story is great, and I like Killer Croc when he's written sympathetically. Glad Boomerang's story ends early, because first issue of it was mediocre at best (all of the Squad sound the same or come off flat, main character is flat af).
    FROSTBITE #3

BATMAN: DEATH AND THE MAIDENS DELUXE EDITION HC - Hey, it's Rucka. Also, I THINK I've heard good stuff about this story.
    THE FLASH BY MARK WAID BOOK ONE TP Duh
    TEEN TITANS YEAR ONE TP - Just want it in trade. Such a cute and fun series!
    SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE BOOK TWO TP

Maybe:
    GREEN LANTERNS #10 - This is such a guilty pleasure for me. It's not GOOD, but... I like the characters and SOME of the ideas. But if the last issue of "Red Dawn" doesn't improve things, I'm cutting myself off.
    GREEN LANTERNS #11
    HAWKMAN AND ADAM STRANGE: OUT OF TIME #2 - Mostly like Andreyko, and like the characters. But depends on first issue.
    BIRDS OF PREY VOL. 3 TP - I will forever hate that Catwoman costume. Especially the tail. Bc outright LOOKS like the it's distracting her!
    METAMORPHO: TWO WORLDS, ONE DESTINY TP
    SECRET SIX VOL. 2: THE GAUNTLET TP - Wait... Deadshot was in this at some point? And Scandal wasn't just a one-off reference?! I thought I was reading the solicitation for the wrong series for a second there! Actually, I'm not convinced I'm not.
    JACK OF FABLES: THE DELUXE EDITION BOOK ONE HC - Once I finish the Fables OHCs.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Man, Justice League just sounds so... pedestrian. Like, the most bland story I can think of. Say what you want about Johns and his run, but he knew how to do grand epic stories, for the most part.

So... double shipping means more annuals, I guess? Ugh. At least they're buy the same writer.

Wow. First Jesse Quick statue and it's a Bombshell one

Weird to see Kendra get the Iris West "permanent tan to tie-in with show" treatment. I mean, she was half-Hispanic and definitely tanner than the rest of the JSA (at least under most artists who didn't just outright make her white!), so could've just stuck with that in my eyes.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Not a whole lot here that reveals much. The Superman Annual has the most intrigue though. Maybe that issue will actually explore some of the stuff DC Rebirth #1 touched on. But other than that, I get the sense that the first arcs of Rebirth are starting to drag somewhat. That happened with the New 52 as well so it's not unexpected, but I think the first real test of this relaunch will come from the first major crossover event that unfolds. It probably won't come until early 2017, but I hope we get some hints of it soon.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.