Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default 10 Takeaways from DC Comics' November Solicitations

CBR breaks down the highlights from DC Comics' November Previews, including "Green Arrow," "The Flash," "Super Powers" and more!

Full article here.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    CBR breaks down the highlights from DC Comics' November Previews, including "Green Arrow," "The Flash," "Super Powers" and more!

Full article here.
    Hey CBR, who did that research on this article? THE SHADE (Flash villain as seen in the golden age of DC, and James Robinson's Starman and miniseries) is a different character from SHADE, THE CHANGING MAN.

The Shade: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Richard_Swift_(New_Earth)
    Shade the Changing Man (full name, Rac Shade):http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Shade_the_Changing_Man

and the new series "Shade, the Changing Girl" looks to have Rac Shade acknowledged as a character in issue #1, btw
    Last edited by Krysmopompas; 08-22-2016 at 03:42 PM. Reason: clarified Changing Girl series

Quote Originally Posted by Krysmopompas View Post
    Hey CBR, who did that research on this article? THE SHADE (Flash villain as seen in the golden age of DC, and James Robinson's Starman and miniseries) is a different character from SHADE, THE CHANGING MAN.

The Shade: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Richard_Swift_(New_Earth)
    Shade the Changing Man (full name, Rac Shade):http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Shade_the_Changing_Man

and the new series "Shade, the Changing Girl" looks to have Rac Shade acknowledged as a character in issue #1, btw
    I scratched my head at that, too. Does no one at CBR have enough familiarity with Shade the Changing Man to know that's a completely different thing from the supervillain Shade?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    I scratched my head at that, too. Does no one at CBR have enough familiarity with Shade the Changing Man to know that's a completely different thing from the supervillain Shade?
    Looks like they corrected it. Nice Ant-Man pic BTW

Quote Originally Posted by Krysmopompas View Post
    Looks like they corrected it. Nice Ant-Man pic BTW
    I still see it there. And thanks, it's from a cover by Cliff Chiang.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    I still see it there. And thanks, it's from a cover by Cliff Chiang.
    Here's what I see now:
    The Shade Comes to Central City ("The Flash" #10, 11)
    November's "The Flash" #10 will see the "Rebirth" introduction of The Shade as we know him from James Robinson and Tony Moore's seminal run on "Starman" in the '90s. So far, we only know that the suave, prickly anti-hero is poised to cause trouble for the Scarlet Speedsters, but we're not sure if he's set to stick around. The introduction of Shade in "The Flash" also has us curious because it's happening right around the launch of Gerard Way's new "Shade, the Changing Girl" series as part of his Young Animal imprint. Could the two Shades cross paths? And will we catch a glimpse of Shade and Starman's classic hometown, Opal City? We'll have to wait until "The Flash" #10 hits stands to find out...

doesn't mention The Shade as a GA Flash villain first (but no biggie, not many remember that), and stretching the connection to Shade the Changing Girl now, but at least that connection's a plug for what looks to be a fun series!

All-New Member

One of the biggest takeaways for me was the fact that DC appears to be bringing Hawkgirl back into the main universe with the New Talent Showcase (although I'm not a very big fan of her costume on the cover).

BANNED

If CBR can't be bothered to put a view on one page I can't be bothered to read it.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hsheridan531 View Post
    One of the biggest takeaways for me was the fact that DC appears to be bringing Hawkgirl back into the main universe with the New Talent Showcase (although I'm not a very big fan of her costume on the cover).
    I am also glad to see a Hawkgirl back on Earth-O.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm looking forward to seeing Jon and Damian meeting for the first time. That is the biggest takeaway for me with these solicits. I like Damian and I've really been enjoying how they've been taking the time to give Jon some character development in the Superman books first before moving forward with Super Sons.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    If CBR can't be bothered to put a view on one page I can't be bothered to read it.
    Yep. I was one and done. They are turning into Newsarama, which is garbage. Clicks mean more than anything else!

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hsheridan531 View Post
    It looks like the costume she had during her short time on the pages of Savage Hawkman. I hope she's not still a blonde.

With the way they seem to be handling it, it feels like NuWally is going to end up being to the Kid Flash mantle what Tim was to the Robin mantle.

You could even view Williamson's whole Godspeed arc, starting from issue #1 to #8, is The Flash equivalent of A Lonely Place of Dying, in that it's reconstructing the idea of why the hero would need a partner while introducing and building-up a successor to a mantle.

It definitely feels more natural then Bart becoming Kid Flash.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    It looks like the costume she had during her short time on the pages of Savage Hawkman. I hope she's not still a blonde.
    She has black hair, so I'm thinking they racebent her with Rebirth to match Legends of Tomorrow and Earth 2.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

All-New Member

What I find annoying are the articles I can't view on one page in certain articles. I hate pagination on web articles.

Yes, I'm wearing my flame proof Underoos.