BANNED

Default Action Comics #962 Preview

http://www.craveonline.com/entertain...ion-comics-962

it's the conclusion yeaaaaaaaaaaaah

The dialogue keeps getting worse. Superman not THAT bad but Lois and Diana are cringeworthy. The art is the only thing saving this book on any level.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-22-2016 at 07:42 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Looks like Superman got a plan. Dialogue is still odd though.

Wonder Woman wasted to baby sit when you know she could be helping and stopping the carnage. She talks like a robot. Superman will prob fight Doomsday till issue #1000.

And Lois still sounds like she should be sitting on a reclining chair reciting from a novel.

"And as if Doomsday wasn't enough!" --children gasp-- "more people have joined in the fight!" Seriously?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-22-2016 at 09:22 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member BeefBourguignon's Avatar

I must have missed David Mamet's run on Action Comics.

They sound what four-color superhero comic book characters should sound like to me. *shrug* Diana also sound wonderfully (no pun intended) pulp-ish like she should.

I'm not looking for Pulitzer material, just a reading that doesn't make me cringe. I'm very easy to please in that regard. But this is not engaging character dynamics at all. If I'm giving Jurgens more crap than most its because Action is the flagship, at least for Superman, and should be the benchmark.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-22-2016 at 10:46 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Superman will prob fight Doomsday till issue #1000.
    DC should give to Jurgens a Doomsday spin-off series.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The dialogue keeps getting worse. Superman not THAT bad but Lois and Diana are cringeworthy. The art is the only thing saving this book on any level.
    Agreed. Superman sounds like Superman in this series. That much I'll give Jurgens. He's also done a great job with Jon. He's already much more likable than Damian Wayne ever was, although that may not be saying much.

But the dialog of everybody else, especially Diana and Lois...it has room for improvement, to say the least. They just feel so muted in this series. It's as if this is still a Convergence tie-in. That would make their characterizations understandable. This just feels like there's no effort put into words that don't come from Superman's mouth and his supporting cast deserves better.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Simply awful.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Well, if the story actually moves along this time around, then maybe this issue shouldn't be judged as harshly. Still... if it doesn't... then that's some bad writing there.

This may actually be the first story Jurgens has ever written which feels "for the trade", now isn't it?