Default Oh... BPRD Hardcovers.

Hello guys. So I'm facing a little dilemma.

I'm really interested in getting the BPRD Plague of Frogs Hardcovers and was able to track vol 1, 2 and 4 all new for a good price. But, as you guessed it, Vol 3 is impossible to find online unless you are ready to pay a fortune.

So I'm wondering: Should I get the hardcovers and hope that one day I'll get my hand on volume 3? or should I go with the TPBs and start the hardcovers with 1946 -1948 volume. Of course my preference goes to the HCs but having a hole in the collection doesn't agree that much with me.

The other option would be buying it from someone but my guess is that people tend to sell whole collections rather than single volumes, moreover volume 3.

Is anyone in the same case scenario as I am? Any opinions, advices, thoughts, leads?

Oh and I live in France in the countryside so finding it at my LCS is, sadly, not an option.

Fantastic Member

I'd say get all the HCs you can and just get the softcover volume 3 as a placeholder until the HC gets reprinted or you get lucky and find a good deal on one...the HCs are really nice volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    I'd say get all the HCs you can and just get the softcover volume 3 as a placeholder until the HC gets reprinted or you get lucky and find a good deal on one...the HCs are really nice volumes.
    Sadly, there are no plans to reprint the hardcovers. Only the paperback omnibuses are being kept in print.

Fantastic Member

Well, those plans could change, but either way...its just the one volume and the benefits of having most of the books in HC far outweigh the minor OCD annoyance of having one mismatch in the set imho. . You never know when u might happen upon a lucky find in a used books bin somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Sadly, there are no plans to reprint the hardcovers. Only the paperback omnibuses are being kept in print.
    Yeah, I saw that. Really sad indeed. It's hard to believe that these went out of print this fast. Maybe Dark Horse didn't put out a big number of them.

I'm also curious about the number of potential seller of these BPRDs. When browsing on Ebay, for exemple, it seems that these are fairly rare.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, people don't really sell B.P.R.D. It's too good to get rid of.