Super Moderator

Default Fans Petition ABC to Release "Marvel's Most Wanted" Pilot

ABC didn't pick "Marvel's Most Wanted" up to series, but fans still hope to see the pilot.

Full article here.

Incredible Member

While I don't see them picking up the series at this point, least of all Adrianne Palicki now being on another show, I'd love for them to at least release the pilot somehow, whether as a bonus on a Blu-ray, or as a digital release- Amazon, iTunes, Vudu release, just to get a look at what we could have gotten. They've already paid for, filmed, and completed it so it wouldn't hurt them at all to do so.

Bring Mockingbird back to AoS and kill Hunter... Done.

Extraordinary Member

can't be as bad as the Wonder Woman: Pants to be darken

BANNED

It's the least the network could do for canceling the show.

Either that or have some of the characters, outside Mockingbird, interact with the other Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D cast.

Spectacular Member

It would be a bit odd of them not to release the episode.

It must be very much set in the Agents of SHIELD universe.

Which means, it could easily be turned into an AOS episode.

I'd honestly be surprised if it were never released in some sort of way, if for nothing else than to get some return on the production.

They could release it as part of a DVD/Blu-Ray bonus content

Mighty Member

ABC didn't pick up Marvel's Most Wanted. They had their reasons. I'm OK with that.

BUT, they should release the pilot. It's already been shot. I think audiences deserve to see it. I don't understand why pilots don't get a more democratic treatment aka release them to your web page or youtube channel and let audiences vote with the number of views and comments. As an additional metrics, this could be useful. Maybe then you'll see more than a couple of new shows get renewed for a second season...

I mean, it's not 1956 or 1996... Isn't it time for broadcast TV to evolve with the times?

Niffleheim

Petition Petition Petition for a AoS spin-off.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Petition Petition Petition for a AoS spin-off.

Yes, it's a shock that people wanted to watch another Marvel TV show on ABC. Good thing it did not get picked up because now we don't have any new Marvel shows on ABC! It's a win for the fans for sure...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    I don't understand why pilots don't get a more democratic treatment aka release them to your web page or youtube channel and let audiences vote with the number of views and comments. As an additional metrics, this could be useful. Maybe then you'll see more than a couple of new shows get renewed for a second season...
    Lots of reasons a pilot that isn't picked up wouldn't be aired (or even some for shows that are picked up).

Given ABC's recent overhaul of it's online/app interface, I wonder if such pilots could be put on streaming (with ad-support?) among the burgeoning Digital Originals category. It would seem that doing so could allow some recouping of costs (via commercials, as with any such program) without having to rejigger a TV schedule for a product that wouldn't itself be continuing.

All-New Member

If they commercially release the product, they will have to pay the actors. I really don't think they would want to do that just to satisfy a relatively small,group,of people.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RickJay View Post
    If they commercially release the product, they will have to pay the actors. I really don't think they would want to do that just to satisfy a relatively small,group,of people.
    That is true, at least for most traditional outlets. I should know better, but am admittedly a bit out of the loop and unsure how/if residuals work when it comes to streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, etc. I suspect that it is an issue that has not yet been resolved between SAG/AFTRA and the streaming services yet, though.

In any event, there are still lots of other reasons for not releasing the pilot aside from needing to pay residuals to the cast and crew. They might want to just not share it because they don't think it is any good; might be hoarding it to try shopping it around elsewhere or wait for another opportunity. I wouldn't be surprised if someone decides to try and chop it up and use bits and pieces of it in the regular show somewhere, particularly if they are able to get Adrienne Palicki and Nick Blood back on the show at some point.