Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Is the Buy Pile still on the site or do I have to look for it somewhere else?
    The latest one was up last week. I haven't seen anything on his Twitter indicating that it will be moving. The Mission looks to be staying as well. Joe Illidge commented on a FB post I made confirming that it will remain at CBR.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Fantastic Member

Pros: At least it looks like the headlines for stories will appear more regularly (or was I the only one having that problem?)

Cons: Pretty much everything else. The text and images need to be brought down to about half their current size. They're practically unreadable at the scale they're at now. Yes, I know we live in a cell phone world, but people do still have PCs and computer monitors aren't defaulting to portrait yet. There is so much dead space to the sides. The page looks terrible unless you have your window set at half-screen.

I zoomed out the page on Chrome to 67% and the layout works a bit better, but I still don't feel like I'm seeing enough content on the page at any given point. I would reduce it to 50%, but the links in the blue bar at the top stop working if you do that.

Here's how it looks at 67%

Image1.jpg

Which is fine, I guess, if you want me to only ever look at your banner and your three most recent stories.
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

Fantastic Member

For reference, here is what your site looks like at its normal size...
    Image1.jpg
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

Astonishing Member

Clearly I am not part of the target audience (whoever they are) for this new content. The new owner apparently doesn't like columns and CSBG, and I do. Probably the only part of the revamped site that I shall access are these forums. I have no intention of reading any of the content on the front page and news items. There are other sites on the Web to get this same information, in a much more pleasing format.

Looks like blogs are completely lost. Now do we have to go and try to search what we seek from 10k articles of Brian Cronin?

All-New Member

I visit this daily. Actually I have it automatically as an open tab in Chrome. And I have 2 other automatically open Chrome tabs, for the Comics Should Be Good blog pages "Top 100 Comic Book Runs of All-Time" and "Top 100 Comic Book Storylines of All-time." I refer to them constantly. Now they seem to have disappeared from the Internet. I was looking forward to the 2016 update of these lists this year. Will it ever happen? Why should I bother coming here any more?

What the ****?

Quote Originally Posted by MontyCircus View Post
    "Top 100 Comic Book Runs of All-Time" and "Top 100 Comic Book Storylines of All-time." I refer to them constantly. Now they seem to have disappeared from the Internet. I was looking forward to the 2016 update of these lists this year.
    Same here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MontyCircus View Post
    I visit this daily. Actually I have it automatically as an open tab in Chrome. And I have 2 other automatically open Chrome tabs, for the Comics Should Be Good blog pages "Top 100 Comic Book Runs of All-Time" and "Top 100 Comic Book Storylines of All-time." I refer to them constantly. Now they seem to have disappeared from the Internet. I was looking forward to the 2016 update of these lists this year. Will it ever happen? Why should I bother coming here any more?

What the ****?
    This is the big thing for me. CSBG was my blog. Every four years they update the top 100 comic book runs, and it was coming up again...now its all gone. Just like that.

wow

Wow, just saw the new front page and my eyes are still bleeding. I hope they didn't actually pay anyone for that redesign - it's a mess.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I told you guys weeks ago , CBR is going down. Its like a slow train leaving the station folks. Viking DEATH SHIP time !

The only good thing is I hope this stops that damn CBR News bot or whoever is posting all the time from stopping. With no articles on the front page , maybe it will stop now on the TV/Film board.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebro View Post
    Gah!! Where are the blogs?!? I NEED Comics Should Be Good...
    For real. CSBG was my main reason for coming here, outside of two or three forum threads (Omnibus threads represent). Has there been any news of it surfacing elsewhere?

I just saw that I can't even see the past CSBG blog about top 10 or top 100. WOW, that is actually very bad. Get a grip CBR, because everything that makes me choose you over Newsarama, Comicvine or Bleeding Cool was the blogs and the fact that it's the biggest X-Men community. I just lost 50% of what brings me here...

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronDuck View Post
    Robot 6, Spinoff Online, and Comics Should Be Good all seem to be victims of the CBR Lobotomy.

please expand and repost this list if you find more relocated Columns or if you can confirm the fates of the previously hosted websites Robot 6, Spinoff Online, e.t.c.
    I was far less than thrilled about this particular development.

It looks like some of the blog content was merged into the main site content.

Here's all Brian's posts including ones from CSBG.

http://www.cbr.com/author/brian_cronin/

And the latest Comic Book Legends

http://www.cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-589/

Incredible Member

I come here for Comics Should Be Good and the forums; if either (or both) of them go, no reason to hang around.