Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Teek View Post
    I very rarely use the forums when there isn't a CBR News Thread.
    Many responses in this thread show that this is the case. It sucks for the community and posters like yourself.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Fantastic Member

At least the writers and editors are the same. Does anyone know their thoughts on the redesign?

...Maybe the site could look like an actual comic book!

EDIT: Here's the link to contact Albert directly. mailto:albertc@cbr.com?Subject=CBR new site feedback
    Last edited by lalalei2001; 08-25-2016 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teek View Post
    I very rarely use the forums when there isn't a CBR News Thread.
    We'll see. You'll either adapt or you won't.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Will the forum's look be adapting to the new look of the main site as well?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

The best way to sum it all up, especially with that damn new logo, is this comic:

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve068 View Post
    Already have changed the bookmark so it goes to the comics not the main site...
    Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    That makes no sense. The site is theirs, if they didn't want the forums to exist they wouldn't exist. They wouldn't need a reason to legitimize that decision.

Also, I imagine article discussion will still find a way to make it to the forums. It's not like people are going to avoid talking about stuff just because there's no CBR News thread.
    So they have killed the annoying spam CBR News posts ? Ok this sounds like the best damn thing in years. Ok that is great if CBR has done away with that spam deal where CBR News posts 26 threads about Suicide Squad or Ghostbusters lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

PipelineComics.com is, indeed, its own site on a mission, but I still also do a column a week for ComicBook.com every Tuesday, just to keep the tradition alive of writing for a website weekly with "ComicBook" in its name and a readership of millions. =)

-Augie

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Are other people finding that the site displays differently (worse) in Chrome than in Firefox?

In Chrome the category tag, author tag and timestamp are forced off to the right of the text blurb on each entry. On Firefox they're lined up between the headline and the blurb like (I assume) they're supposed to be.

This new design is drastic in the worst ways I feel. The font is too large, and there is a lot of white which seems to strain my eyes. Like others have said it actually lost character and seems like a another bland click bait article site. I liked how originally each article had a dedicated page, not one thing bleeding into another. This never ending scroll feed in combination with the large font and excessive white is just massive sensory overload. I already changed my surf habit. It used to be more relaxed, but not there is an anxiety to skim and gtfo so my eyes don't stress.

I'm all for new aesthetic changes, but the last site just could of worked with more subtle, but noticeable changes. Hate to be a downer, but this is an identity problem.

Spectacular Member

The one good thing about the new design is that it has united people like nothing I've seen on CBR before. There's been a few minor disagreements, but the vast majority of the comments on 14 pages so far are in agreement with one another, which is pretty impressive. People don't like the new look and for very similar reasons. So if CBR was trying to come up with something that people would actually agree on, well done.

That said, definitely I hope there is some finessing done. Smaller size, more tagging for people who want the old categories (a few posts are tagged csbg but more need to be), better aesthetics overall even if going cross-platform, archives of the older comments. It might be wise even if we're stuck with the new look to temporarily go back to the old look, redesign the new version entirely, show it to a small sample of potential users and note the more common bits of feedback, bring in the overhauled new version when the feedback is a bit more positive. You'll never please everybody, but you can at least reach a point where enough people are happy with it (or at least can live with the changes) that you won't lose too many regulars.

Seems like the Thursday batch of "Next Week's" Marvel previews may have fallen by the wayside.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    As long as you can continue to make email accounts for free there will always be anonymity. Just create an email account and don't use your real name for it.
    Many people are too lazy to do that. Also, in that case it's up to Facebook/Twitter/whoever to find and delete the "fake" account, no extra work for CBR and others using their services.

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post
    At least the writers and editors are the same. Does anyone know their thoughts on the redesign?

...Maybe the site could look like an actual comic book!

EDIT: Here's the link to contact Albert directly. mailto:albertc@cbr.com?Subject=CBR new site feedback
    I've talked to one of the CSBG columnists and they had some problems due to a bit of oversight. Hopefully, everything has been fixed for them. We'll just have to see. Suffice to say, my interpretation is that the transition wasn't thought through very thoroughly (type that one a few times) and the place is going through damage control. We had a saying in the Navy: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance. Sounds like the new powers that be could have learned from that.

Amazing Member Orf with his head's Avatar

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy E. Nystrom View Post
    The one good thing about the new design is that it has united people like nothing I've seen on CBR before. There's been a few minor disagreements, but the vast majority of the comments on 14 pages so far are in agreement with one another, which is pretty impressive. People don't like the new look and for very similar reasons. So if CBR was trying to come up with something that people would actually agree on, well done.....
    This is true. I haven't agreed with so many people in sequence before...it is kind of unnerving, like some sort of conformist groupthink movement . Also heartedly agree that beta'ing these changes rather than sudden universally immersion would have been far better.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)