Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast

I love how the redesigns of CBR and Previewsworld have made looking up the coming months' comics solicitations punishingly difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    I love how the redesigns of CBR and Previewsworld have made looking up the coming months' comics solicitations punishingly difficult.
    That's fine, CBR:s new target audience does not read comics.

Does anyone have a recommended site for comics previews? Thanks.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

Spectacular Member BertoFlyingFox's Avatar

It's bad, I use the site for news way less now.

Titles don't fit right, articles dont link to forums or DISQUS so there are even less people to converse with on a topic, the text is way too big, and the logo is just a basic font. What little personality the site had left is gone, feels like a poor man's BuzzFeed.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRA View Post
    Does anyone have a recommended site for comics previews? Thanks.
    CBR.com has comics previews.

CBR used to be great for previews. Until they sort out their formatting (and I'm sure they will) - does anyone know a good site that lets you read the previews without having to scroll past enormous images of each cover? The enormous pictures were why I always picked CBR over Bleeding Coll for previews and now this site is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    CBR used to be great for previews. Until they sort out their formatting (and I'm sure they will) - does anyone know a good site that lets you read the previews without having to scroll past enormous images of each cover? The enormous pictures were why I always picked CBR over Bleeding Coll for previews and now this site is even worse.
    Why is that a problem?

Bigger images => easier to look at the preview. Right?

Or is it just the covers you want to get rid of?

Comiclist.com is what I use, you have a list (as the name suggests) but it is linked to cover and short excerpt.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Why is that a problem?

Bigger images => easier to look at the preview. Right?

Or is it just the covers you want to get rid of?
    If only those preview images were of better quality and not so pixelated...

Another thing the responsible people seem to ignore completely.

Your feedback is fabulous, CBR Staff. But let me guess, you all moved on to Facebook, right?

Quote Originally Posted by newy View Post
    If only those preview images were of better quality and not so pixelated...

Another thing the responsible people seem to ignore completely.

Your feedback is fabulous, CBR Staff. But let me guess, you all moved on to Facebook, right?
    What are you viewing Previews with, as they aren't pixelated at all. Previews is the only reason, other than this entertaining thread, I've stuck around CBR.com.

http://cbr.imgix.net/2016/09/AQM-Cv6...h=430&fit=crop

If you're looking for better quality or to control the image size, right-click on the image and open it in a new tab. Edit the URL to change quality, width and height to meet your requirements. q=1 to 100. The original images are w=900, h=1384.
    Tap enter when you've made the changes and you'll be presented with a refreshed image.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by swhcomicguy View Post
    What are you viewing Previews with, as they aren't pixelated at all. Previews is the only reason, other than this entertaining thread, I've stuck around CBR.com.

http://cbr.imgix.net/2016/09/AQM-Cv6...h=430&fit=crop

If you're looking for better quality or to control the image size, right-click on the image and open it in a new tab. Edit the URL to change quality, width and height to meet your requirements. q=1 to 100. The original images are w=900, h=1384.
    Tap enter when you've made the changes and you'll be presented with a refreshed image.
    Only bothered to watch the actual image when CBR still had their old design and some images (often the 2-pages one) were too wide to view comfortably. Pixelated may have been a tad too exaggerated. Blurry is the better choice of words. I use the truncating FF.

Thank you very much for the info about (q)uality, (w)idth and (h)eight settings!

Quote Originally Posted by caramon View Post
    Comiclist.com is what I use, you have a list (as the name suggests) but it is linked to cover and short excerpt.
    Thanks. That looks good. I used to use CBR for previews, but the website is unbearable now.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

Is anybody else having trouble opening CBR in their iPads? In mine, the site opens, but then it crashes and window closes.

Spectacular Member

The latest Comic Book Legends Revealed - There is very little text downloading (tried it on wireless and dial-up). Seems like there is space for it but it's blank. Using latest Firefox. Website glitch or new format? Hope it's not the latter. I like that it's all on one page, hope that doesn't sacrifice the "meat" from Brian.

Edit: The article loads correctly now. I jumped the gun with the criticism.

Update: At CSBG site, the articles seem to load correctly, although this latest one isn't posted yet. Maybe the posting of it is icomplete,
    Last edited by Filament; 09-10-2016 at 11:40 AM.

Spectacular Member

Links seem better. They aren't plaintext for a while and then turn into links.

But Lord help me if I want to look for more articles...

9-11-2016 12-43-11 PM.jpg

With truncated headlines and no article image it's tough to tell if the article is worth it.

Plus I need to bring back the fact that the navigation bar does not work on touch devices!

Sorry CBR team. I love your site, I really, really do. Which makes this frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Another reason not to truncate headlines, as if we needed another reason...

The site is responsive, as far as I can see, so it depends on viewport.

Also, are Axel-in-Charge articles a thing of the past? I haven't seen one since the redesign.