Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The new look cbr.com

Comic Book Resources has a new look, and a new address, www.cbr.com - and I can't say I like the front page at all. Far fewer links fit on the screen now. Less clicks to see the previews now though, as it's all on one page.

So, what does everyone else think?

I think the new logo makes CBR come off as a car rental service. As for the look of the front page... boring and generic with more focus on huge flashy click bait titles. Yay. I really hope they don't mess with the forums.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

It looks incredibly bland and generic, like a lot of the mobile sites. Less previews pop up on the main page. empty, vacant white background. Only three featured articles. Also, logo. Bland corporate crap with no imagination, like what happened with Rare.

So yeah. The new look blows. So lifeless and generic.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    It looks incredibly bland and generic, like a lot of the mobile sites. Less previews pop up on the main page. empty, vacant white background. Only three featured articles. Also, logo. Bland corporate crap with no imagination, like what happened with Rare.

So yeah. The new look blows. So lifeless and generic.
    They've also dropped Comic Book Resources in general. I'm fearing the site might go full cross-media. Because that's what we need, another site that caters to every damn area of media.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

You do a search for CBR and you get things like Honda and Cord Blood and whatever. I'm not crazy about the new look, but I can live with it if only they would bring back it's real name Comic Book Resources. Just calling it CBR is weird.

At least they should keep the logo.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Definitely a less usable design.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

It's terrible.

All-New Member

I had to check twice that this lifeless, boring and bland site was indeed Comic Book Resources. It hurts my eyes and everything is way too big. Who thought this was a good idea? This is a shitty design and if it isn't changed somehow I have to change my main comics news site, as this white background really stings in my eyes.

I've never had to zoom out on a website before; the font is way too big. Agreed on the white, it's REALLY stark.

I also am not a fan of how they took away the ledes in each of the articles.

CBR Managing Editor

Hi all! We're currently working on issues with the redesign, adding more features and smoothing things out. Thank for your patience and feedback and I'll try to answer any questions that you may have.

Albert Ching
    Managing Editor, CBR

CBR Managing Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitie View Post
    I also am not a fan of how they took away the ledes in each of the articles.
    Those will return!

Yeah, the font is way too big now. Also agree that the page and logo looks much less interesting. I'm also finding the page is taking longer to load everything than usual. Also I'm really fed up with pages scrolling down into other pages on sites. The sidebar on articles is way too big too, squishing the article. The link to the forum in the articles seems to be gone too.
    Last edited by neonrideraryeh; 08-23-2016 at 09:16 AM.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

You probably just looked at an article that didn't have a discussion thread.

Looks like they rolled back the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You probably just looked at an article that didn't have a discussion thread.

Looks like they rolled back the changes.
    The Original is the best. They can tweak it if they want, but I still like the basic format of the original.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Ching View Post
    Hi all! We're currently working on issues with the redesign, adding more features and smoothing things out. Thank for your patience and feedback and I'll try to answer any questions that you may have.

Albert Ching
    Managing Editor, CBR
    Hi Albert. Is it true that CBR will be doing away with all columns?