Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Wondering what happened here. I don't care about the look of the site so much but I do miss the email's from CBR with articles and what not. For a while it was almost too much but now it's just ... ZERO. Do we need to sign up for those all over again or has that extra been axed? If there is a sign up page please post the link because I can't find it anywhere on the site.
    Thanks
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Yup. I'm a big fan of Brian's The Wrong Side archives and now I can't find any of them. Nothing turns up in the search function and Google doesn't work since they're under the old Comicbookresources.com url.
    Give it some time and they might turn up, looks like they are still working on the new site, it was not released with everything in-place at once.

Since I skip the front page have they started having autoplay video ads that you can't get rid of.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Way down here in the Old South, we have a very old saying that goes thusly: "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!"

I think that MORE than applies here. I will give this a week. If it is not back to normal, I will be deleting the bookmark to Comic Book Resources that I have had for over 19 years. And that is just a sad, ridiculous thing to have to do.

Change just for the sake of change is never a good thing. Just look at the crap that microsoft has tried to pass off since XP.

Quote Originally Posted by graviton View Post
    Way down here in the Old South, we have a very old saying that goes thusly: "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!"

I think that MORE than applies here. I will give this a week. If it is not back to normal, I will be deleting the bookmark to Comic Book Resources that I have had for over 19 years. And that is just a sad, ridiculous thing to have to do.

Change just for the sake of change is never a good thing. Just look at the crap that microsoft has tried to pass off since XP.
    Unfortunately nothing has really changed since the site was relaunched as CBR.com. Search doesn't work, tags provide limited access to old content ie. Comic Legends Revealed tag provides 3 posts out of 591, the responsive scaling on desktops is too large and overall formatting is just very poorly designed. While they've said they'd accept constructive feedback through e-mail there, has been no noticeable changes nor official response by Albert Ching to everyone's negative feedback. As someone who has enjoyed the site for over decade and used it almost exclusively for my comic book news and column fix, it has been a disappointing couple of weeks.

The only reason for me sticking around is the amusement of this thread and the Previews, which while also messed up still provide quality cover images for my Collectorz Comic database.
    Last edited by swhcomicguy; 09-04-2016 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Admin made changes, so I thought I'd come back and make it a bit more positive, well as much as possible, based on ....

if anybody has a link to the old "The Greatest Bill Sienkiewicz Stories Ever Told!" article please share

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The Original is the best. They can tweak it if they want, but I still like the basic format of the original.
    100% agree with you on that.
    This redesign is IMHO hard on the eyes.
    Why the new address?
    Prefer the old address comicbookresources.com
    cbr.com is so generic and not unique at all.

My biggest complaint is that once the address changed I can no longer access the site while at work. Honestly not sure which rule is blocking it, I mean ppl are able get on all social media forums even this forum just not the actual site. Sucks cause I really like to look at the preview to see if I need to stop by the comic shop after work to save some time. Not going to post my opinion about the new site since I'm relatively new with it, bottom line for me is that I liked it before and still like it now with the exception I cannot access it at work which isn't the individuals who run the sites fault. Unless of course you are adding malicious code to your site then that's just plain wrong.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I don't see any truncated headlines on the front page at this moment. Hopefully that means they've fixed it.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So now I'm starting to wonder if we're going to get a set up more akin to what they do on Buzzfeed in regard to having vlogs or other sort of things going on for movies or the like. Or maybe something like IGN, Gamespot or other sites like that. Has me really wondering if the design is really for mobile even because some of my friends don't like the way it works on their mobile phones.

I tried reading an article and it is very slow scrolling down the page.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Spectacular Member

I miss the readers' comments after the end of the articles by Cronin, Hatcher, etc (former CSBG people). The readers added extra information on the article subject and other questions which Brian and the others always took the time to address.

I do believe there are real financial reasons why there is no longer a CSBG site. and for other changes on CBR. My days of active involvement in websites (not that I did that a extensively) go back to the early years of very cheap server fees. That changed very suddenly and so did most websites. The site I was most actively involved with had to go with a sports network and have a premium level membership that paid for exclusive material.

However, I don't see why a blog-type environment atmosphere couldn't be retained here despite all the other changes. I mean, that's one of the reasons why so many miss the old site and could very well quit coming here.
    Last edited by Filament; 09-05-2016 at 08:20 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Ching View Post
    Hi all! We're currently working on issues with the redesign, adding more features and smoothing things out. Thank for your patience and feedback and I'll try to answer any questions that you may have.

Albert Ching
    Managing Editor, CBR
    Please check on smaller devices. It looks like the intent was to go responsive with the site, but there's a ton of basic usability issues with the site:

• Links seem to generate _AFTER_ the page is finished loading. They're normal clicks for a while. On mobile/tablet, sometimes they remain regular clicks.
    • I can't use the navigation bar on tablet/mobile. At all.
    • Tags don't seem to be linked on tablet (Surface Pro/MS Edge for all tablet issues). I can't figure out how to get to comic news or click on tags!

I'm being impartial to the redesign itself. Personally, I like it, but lots of users don't like such drastic change. But that's ok. What matters is the site works as intended. These usability issues are KILLING me, since I usually read my comic news on my Surface on the couch/in bed. I've been going to other sites instead -- I'm sure they're your direct competition -- and it's not out of spite or now I'm disenfranchised with CBR -- I just can't use the damn thing and hope Newsarama or Bleeding Cool will abbreviate what's posted here since I can't read it myself.

can you please clean up the forums? Maybe move all the appreciation threads to a sub thread in their respective parent? i get so tired of having to scroll past them just look for anything new.

also any articles need a forum. i dont use facebook so i cant comment on anything and it looks like comments are few and far between anyway.
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    can you please clean up the forums? Maybe move all the appreciation threads to a sub thread in their respective parent? i get so tired of having to scroll past them just look for anything new.

also any articles need a forum. i dont use facebook so i cant comment on anything and it looks like comments are few and far between anyway.
    Yeah, that is something I'm curious about as well. Are there disussions going as passionate and heated as before and with huge participation? Although I have a Facebook account I don't use and actually block Facebook Connect with Ghostery.