Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Seriously guys, you should have tested to make sure the new look actually worked before rolling it out. That's what dev sites are for.

Search does not work at all, headlines are dorked up, layout is broken on wide screens (the "Leave a comment" window is so far to the right I had to look at the code to see what the heck it was), comment sidebar takes forever to load, loading one article streams the whole category which makes scrolling incredibly laggy, old bookmarks to articles don't work and there's no way to find them again because of the aforementioned broken search function...

Oh and it's so SO bland.

While I can live with "bland", the functionality makes the side nigh unreadable now. My suggestion: go back to the drawing board until things work.

All-New Member

Tried to reach www.comicbookresources.com

got

Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Backend fetch failed
    Guru Meditation:

XID: 261882576

Varnish cache server

I'd flog that guru if I were you. Doesn't check his work much does he, it's been like that for an hour at least
    Last edited by kinwolf; 08-25-2016 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Honestly , just do what a lot will do folks. Skip the front page. Eventually if someone realizes folks aren't going there they may fix it. (I have no idea why a company would want every site to have a uniform look...its weird. Its like buying ..say the Outhouse and deciding it should look like the ComicsBeat and not realizing why folks are going there.
    Already have changed the bookmark so it goes to the comics not the main site...

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Ching View Post
    The content of the new site is the exact same as the content of the old one.
    That may be but the new layout completely obscures that fact.

Ugly, broken, unnavigable. Presuming that you ran this site through a marathon of tests and filters before the public launch, I'd be suspect of the competence of your designers and coders.
    Brian Cronin and the lads at CSBG are 95% of the reason I visit. They appear to have been dropped into a black hole with no notice or explanation. Nicely done.
    The other 4.5% is the odd news story, though both the writing and coverage have been slipping into the dunny for months, so no huge loss, there, except for what once was.
    I'll miss some of the film updates, the last 0.5%, but there's no way I'm suffering through the new interface to find them.
    Basically you have... 12 more hours to figure all of this out or I'll be hopping the fence with what looks like the majority of your readers. Enjoy the pink slips.

All-New Member

Have to agree with everyone else.

The new design is hideous, navigation is terrible.

If you redesign a site and make things harder to find, then I'm sorry but that isn't good design.

Most of the reason I have been coming to CBR for the last 5+ years was the wonderful columns and blogs. The Buy Pile, CSBG, etc provide genuinely fascinating content. It's an absolute disgrace that you appear to have decided to completely disrespect the writers who have given so much of your readership so much joy over the years by making their stuff almost impossible to find.

Without a big overhaul, without the columns and blogs, I'm out. It's the only thing that makes the site worth visiting. Interviews with creators are utterly toothless, noticeably ducking away from asking any hard questions and instead acting as little more than marketing for the publisher. News is much the same.

I worried things were going south a few weeks ago when reviews started going for more Buzzfeed-style headlines. It seems I was right to worry. Time for me to find another site for comic articles.

Oh, and by the way - the site actually looks even worse on mobiles now.

I used to go to All News so I could see Comics, Film, and TV at a glance, now I have to go to multiple pages and scroll down. The old news section was perfect for me, I doubt I would use this site anymore, except for the forums.

Amazing Member

PLEASE fix the front page at least. It is incredibly bland and a mess to navigate. Pictures should be thumbnails or at least 75% smaller. Text should be about half the size as well. Shouldn't have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page for Previews and Reviews either.

Also, people use "CBR" as shorthand when typing or speaking. That should not be the name of the website nor its URL or logo. Call it what it is. Comic Book Resources. Make that prominent.

Please give CBR an identity like it had before the "new look". Otherwise, I will have to go elsewhere for my comic news. I dropped Newsarama after their redesign and I'll drop CBR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark J. Hayman View Post
    Brian Cronin and the lads at CSBG are 95% of the reason I visit. They appear to have been dropped into a black hole with no notice or explanation.
    Yeah, Brian and "Comics Should be Good" are 99% of why I come (came) here.

My give a damn's busted Kevin T Brown's Avatar

Even the entire internet hates the redesign. It now says:

Error establishing a database connection

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Yeah, Brian and "Comics Should be Good" are 99% of why I come (came) here.
    Thirded. Someone should do a poll thread on the new design.

All-New Member

Also, why should people be forced to join up to the awful, awful cesspit that is Facebook in order to comment on articles?

All-New Member

Just unfortunately discovered the new site design today. Wanted to add yet another voice of dissatisfaction. The appeal of the previous site was the clear visibility of many headlines on the screen at once. I am finding it difficult to focus on the text of even a single article title with the new larger font. I am unwilling to sift through multiple pages of only difficultly legible script to find topics of my interest. I will not be resuming use of the site unless an alteration to/reversal of the current format is enacted. My apologies to all the delightful contributors to CBR whose writing I will dearly miss.

BANNED

For anyone who doesn't have it book marked here's Brian's site

http://legendsrevealed.com/entertainment/

and here's his twitter and Comics Should Be Good's

https://twitter.com/Brian_Cronin

https://twitter.com/csbg
    Last edited by Icefalcon; 08-25-2016 at 10:48 AM.

All-New Member

Anyone else getting a Database error and a Wordpress redirect? Are they trying to switch back?

Edit: looks like they were while writing this.
    Last edited by Glitchy; 08-25-2016 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Nevermind, ninjaed