Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

I like both the "Trending" and "Trending Now" options because I am a paramecium

Astonishing Member

Ugh! Seriously, this is so generic and dull. Doesn't pull me in at all. And what happened to Comic Book Reviews?

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

It's always refreshing to see sites redesign themselves from a 1998 design to 2008.

This is my pitch to update to a 2016 news/blog UI/UX along the lines of a Vox or Medium/Ringer site. Estimate: $180k. And that's a bargain.

I do welcome the changes, but I am definitely curious as to why it adopted a similar aesthetic to Comic Book Movie News who evokes far less credibility.
    Last edited by Potanical Pardon; 08-25-2016 at 11:18 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post

I do welcome the changes, but I am definitely curious as to why it adopted a similar aesthetic to Comic Book Movie News who evokes far less credibility.
    Or thousands of other sites. It's the generic look of the day that caters to a mobile viewing experience. Uninspired.

The real problem though is the removal of the content that made CBR an essential site for comic book fans such as Comics SHould Be Good and the columns such as The Buy Pile.

Extraordinary Member

Odd font...

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

In an attempt to be constructive, here's my recommendations for the "Latest" feed:

1. Knock the headlines down a point size and make sure the entire headline fits on the page with no truncating. Remove the gray background bars.

2. Put a margin of at least a quarter-inch between the text blurb and the tags to the right.

3. Have the category tag, the author tag, and the time stamp in a column rather than a row. (They don't fit in that space.)

4. For the big ones that go all the way across the column, put the headline inside a single shaded area rather than separate bars, and again, make sure the text doesn't truncate. A truncated headline is ugly and useless.

All-New Member

I am reminded of the Home Theater Forum redesign a while back. There were problems at first, and most of them were resolved, but the community using the site today is drastically different and smaller than it was in the mid-2000's.

I want to be able to easily find CSBG content when I visit the site. If I cannot, or if that material will no longer be appearing at CBR, an upfront, honest statement about it from those in charge would be appreciated.

Amazing Member

The issue titles on the solicitation pages are too small.

the new design stinks.

and if you want me to be civil... THAT was me being civil. if I was being uncivil I'd say it with more swear words.
    I surrender to the Contest

Guess what? We're stuck with this thing. Changing it would mean some new owner-higher up with no clue was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenlore View Post
    I used to go to All News so I could see Comics, Film, and TV at a glance, now I have to go to multiple pages and scroll down. The old news section was perfect for me, I doubt I would use this site anymore, except for the forums.
    The interface (just one clickable link) between the forums and the "All News" section was my favorite part of the old design. And after you read an article you could access the comments (getting you back to the forums) in a beautiful circle. Now the articles are no longer linked to the forums...
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

I'll go through blue withdrawals but I'll be ok...

As for the site, didn't have an issue with the old look but I can adjust to a new one.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bharbeke View Post
    I want to be able to easily find CSBG content when I visit the site. If I cannot, or if that material will no longer be appearing at CBR, an upfront, honest statement about it from those in charge would be appreciated.
    Agreed. CSBG was the best part of the site. It's already disappointing that Tilting At Windmills has gone.

The new design is abysmal. Everything is too damn big, the search feature doesn't work and there are no hub pages for regular features like Comic Book Legends Revealed. And all the old links are dead, so you can't even Google old articles.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Or thousands of other sites. It's the generic look of the day that caters to a mobile viewing experience. Uninspired.

The real problem though is the removal of the content that made CBR an essential site for comic book fans such as Comics SHould Be Good and the columns such as The Buy Pile.
    The Buy Pile hasn't gone anywhere.

From Hannibal's Twitter: @hannibaltabu 18 hours ago
    #thebuypile is still at @comicbookresources. No change, no worries. #nonstop #comics … http://ift.tt/2bgXlBM

His Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJg2JgZBFw9/

The latest article was posted an hour ago: http://www.cbr.com/tag/the-buy-pile/
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

The CSBG twitter (Brian I presume) posted that CSBG is still part of the site, but now it's content is part of the main site.

https://twitter.com/csbg/status/768670285591478272

Edit: and it looks like there will be a CSBG tag to easier find the CSBG content.

http://www.cbr.com/tag/csbg/
    Last edited by Brandon Hanvey; 08-25-2016 at 01:04 PM.