Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Please for the love of hell, don't make this site into a generic click bait article farm. Glad the normal site is back up, but what I saw of the "new" one was beyond horrible.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

CBR Managing Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Please for the love of hell, don't make this site into a generic click bait article farm. Glad the normal site is back up, but what I saw of the "new" one was beyond horrible.
    The content of the new site is the exact same as the content of the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Ching View Post
    Then why hasn't there been a new Axel-in-Charge for the past few weeks? Also why is "Tilting Windmills" now over at The Beat, with Brian Hibbs saying that:

Some of you will be scratching your heads and saying “Wait, doesn’t this appear on Comic Book Resources?” Yeah, it did, but CBR got sold, and the new ownership decided that “columns” were not a thing that they wanted to do any longer – which, fair enough, it’s their website.

The post below yours and above this one proves otherwise.

CBR Managing Editor

The post below yours and above this one proves otherwise.
    A shift to a new design does not mean a shift in focus. The new site literally is all of the articles from the old site moved to a new design.

A shift to a new design does not mean a shift in focus. The new site literally is all of the articles from the old site moved to a new design.
    You've dropped the columns in favor of having nothing but direct news content. That sounds like a shift in focus. But, whatever... time will tell.

You've dropped the columns in favor of having nothing but direct news content. That sounds like a shift in focus. But, whatever... time will tell.
    And an increase of ads...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

The archive is intact, sure, but the new content is absolutely not the same as previously. I assume this is Executive Meddling from the new owners?

Generic looking design is the standard at the moment.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The archive is intact, sure, but the new content is absolutely not the same as previously. I assume this is Executive Meddling from the new owners?
    They won't admit to a change. They'll just say there's "improvements" and other coded statements. My biggest fear as that they'll do what every single site does now - remove the forums and have a stupid facebook/disquss app on every article.

Well, for what it's worth, I just added CBR to They Changed It Now It Sucks at TV Tropes. I think opinion is pretty much unanimous on that.

CBR Managing Editor

They won't admit to a change. They'll just say there's "improvements" and other coded statements. My biggest fear as that they'll do what every single site does now - remove the forums and have a stupid facebook/disquss app on every article.
    Sure, every outlet evolves over time -- CBR has since its beginning. But we cover comic books and comic book culture and there's been no mandate to shift away from that. If anything we're covering less of the non-comic-based movies and TV shows than we used to. I remember a few years ago CBR, via Spinoff, was running articles on things like The League and Childrens Hospital. I liked both of the shows, but there was no connection to comics.

No plans to drop the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, for what it's worth, I just added CBR to They Changed It Now It Sucks at TV Tropes. I think opinion is pretty much unanimous on that.
    In the immortal words of Guns N Roses, all we need is just a little patience.

BANNED

Jonah Weiland sold his comic book site, and what happened next will shock you!

Sure, every outlet evolves over time -- CBR has since its beginning. But we cover comic books and comic book culture and there's been no mandate to shift away from that. If anything we're covering less of the non-comic-based movies and TV shows than we used to. I remember a few years ago CBR, via Spinoff, was running articles on things like The League and Childrens Hospital. I liked both of the shows, but there was no connection to comics.

No plans to drop the forums!

In the immortal words of Guns N Roses, all we need is just a little patience.
    Maybe we should give it a chance. I'm going to be open minded about it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

CBR Managing Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Maybe we should give it a chance. I'm going to be open minded about it.
    Thank you! It's the same editorial staff that was in place pre-sale. We all love comics and will continue to do what we do best.