Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Ching View Post
    Thank you! It's the same editorial staff that was in place pre-sale. We all love comics and will continue to do what we do best.
    So, just to clear up confusion, what features *have* been dropped from CBR?

BANNED

I never read the home page anyway because it's become too much of an aggregator of other people's content now without much extra commentary. I mean, I read The Hollywood Reporter and Variety and Entertainment Weekly. I don't need to read CBR's rewrites. Also, as a former reporter I feel like the editing is lacking and get irked when I notice factual or grammatical errors. I've pointed out those in the forum threads some times but I've never seen them get changed. I do enjoy the occasional good essay if I see it linked on the forums, though. If there was more original content or at least a stronger voice I think I'd be more inclined to visit, design be damned.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Ching View Post
    Thank you! It's the same editorial staff that was in place pre-sale. We all love comics and will continue to do what we do best.
    What CBR "did best" was offer reviews of comic books. That section of the site no longer seems to be the focus.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdFury View Post
    So, just to clear up confusion, what features *have* been dropped from CBR?
    Most of the columns.

Sad to see this change in format when the previous one was so simple to navigate and find information at a glance.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    What CBR "did best" was offer reviews of comic books. That section of the site no longer seems to be the focus.
    The reviews were horribly biased towards Marvel due to Marvel giving so much free press and marketing, i'm glad if the reviews are gone.

Granted, as long as they can become more neutral about reviews that should be a good start of change.

A new design looks like crap and it definitely was made in favor of tablets and phones. Disappointed.

I loved Comic book resources because it was one of the last comic book news websites that functioned like a normal website designed for laptops and Desktops. If you want to have a mobile version for tablets and "smart phones" and people that want to use the internet that way then great you do that. However, please don't force this lazy mobile "design" for the normal PC Browser based internet.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Might be able to give an opinion, but nothing with a cbr.com address seems to work in my browser (latest Firefox version). It takes forever to load (going on 2 minutes and still not done yet). And all I get is a navbar at the top, and that doesn't even work.

But what little I do see looks lousy.

nm... It took reloading the page about 5 times.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 08-24-2016 at 02:03 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

My laptop can barely load the new site. It took fifteen minutes to get me to the front page. Dreadful design, to boot.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

My motto is "all change is bad," so I'm just going to have to get used to it as always. In the immortal words of Rush, changes aren't permanent, but change is.

I miss the days when sites would let you choose between a mobile presentation and a desktop presentation. I never use mobile unless I'm desperate.

Just leave the forums alone please. And it would be nice to bring back the dropdown menu on the "Community" menu bar link, so we don't have to click through the whole forum hierarchy to get here from the main page.

Robot 6, Spinoff Online, and Comics Should Be Good all seem to be victims of the CBR Lobotomy.

The only column that CBR seems to be keeping at this point is . . . surprise, surprise. . . The Social Justice Warrior editorial "The Mission"

Columns that survived the CBR Lobotomy and can be found elsewhere.

1. Tilting at Windmills is at www.comicsbeat.com
    2. The pipeline is at www.comicbook.com

please expand and repost this list if you find more relocated Columns or if you can confirm the fates of the previously hosted websites Robot 6, Spinoff Online, e.t.c.

Has anybody heard if the Marvel Q & A's Axel in charge, and X-position are continuing?
    Last edited by TheIronDuck; 08-24-2016 at 06:29 PM.

There was an X-position update yesterday, after the relaunch first appeared. Looks like that's safe.

Clicked a link on the front page, got this, took me three attempts to successfully load the page:
    This site can’t be reached

www.cbr.com took too long to respond.
    Search Google for cbr marvel plans jack kirby celebration week
    ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
    Sort it out!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Comic Book Resources has a new look, and a new address, www.cbr.com - and I can't say I like the front page at all. Far fewer links fit on the screen now. Less clicks to see the previews now though, as it's all on one page.

So, what does everyone else think?
    I'm hating it. I've barely glanced at two new pages (main and Comics Previews) and that's enough for me to hate it.
    Why?
    Because it forces on me huge -huge!- image scans that a) I have to scroll down every one to get past and b) this is going to eat up my bandwidth which I'm trying to cut down with seeing as my isp bill has lately gone through the roof. Even if that wasn't the case? When going through Previews sometimes I accidentally click on some offering that has a horror scene I really --and I mean really-- don't want to see at all let alone big as life before my nose. With the small thumbnails I could almost always catch the idea without seeing the details and quickly back out while retaining my sanity. Now I'm going to be afraid to click on -anything- here and may just have to quit coming at all.

Please, please, please, CBR rethink this!
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronDuck View Post
    Robot 6, Spinoff Online, and Comics Should Be Good all seem to be victims of the CBR Lobotomy.

The only column that CBR seems to be keeping at this point is . . . surprise, surprise. . . The Social Justice Warrior editorial "The Authority"

Columns that survived the CBR Lobotomy and can be found elsewhere.

1. Tilting at Windmills is at www.comicsbeat.com
    2. The pipeline is at www.comicbook.com

please expand and repost this list if you find more relocated Columns or if you can confirm the fates of the previously hosted websites Robot 6, Spinoff Online, e.t.c.

Has anybody heard if the Marvel Q & A's Axel in charge, and X-position are continuing?
    Nooo! Another reason to quit coming.

Guys, this was one of three sites I came to on not only a daily basis, but a 'whenever possible' basis because the info on Previews and News was so good and all in one place. As such, I've not even tried to look for a good comics, tv, or general entertainment site in many, many years.

Any recommendations for at least now? My desktop (especially) and I really don't like the site as it currently is.
    Last edited by Kyer; 08-24-2016 at 02:56 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)