Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I really hope this is a beta or a work in progress, because it's currently working hard on getting me to go somewhere else.

Argh, my eyes!

"Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Amazing Member

Jesus, not this site now too.

I really have no clue what companies find so fascinating in this text- and picture oversized layouts. Microsoft started it with the tiles and like Lemmings everyone fallows.

A big NO to this. But like that great Forum wipe last time we will have to accept this.

It's basically a white background version of Valnet Inc.'s ScreenRant and the The Richest. All their sites all have the same header and similar big picture and text layout.
    Last edited by Brandon Hanvey; 08-24-2016 at 07:12 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    It's basically a white background version of Valnet Inc.'s ScreenRant. All their sites all have the same header and similar big picture and text layout.
    There goes letting something be different I guess. Least we can now say , we can skip the front page forever. And EVER.....lol. Thank you Valnet.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Sorry; but, this current version of the site makes me want to go elsewhere. It's bland, homogenized junk food. I care about comics as an art form, not a media platform. I used to get the art portion from Comics Should Be Good. I don't see that right now. I came here for Comic Legends, Greg Hatcher's columns, Greg Burgas, and some of the other columns. There was something more interesting there than HEY! CELLPHONE-CAPTURED SHOTS FROM LOCATION SHOOTING OF A GENRE FILM!!!! I can get that anywhere, and with a better site layout. What I see currently makes Wizard look like The Comics Journal, for a reference probably lost on the new ownership. I'm all for giving things a chance; but, it's gonna take a heck of a second impression to remove the very bad first.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly , just do what a lot will do folks. Skip the front page. Eventually if someone realizes folks aren't going there they may fix it. (I have no idea why a company would want every site to have a uniform look...its weird. Its like buying ..say the Outhouse and deciding it should look like the ComicsBeat and not realizing why folks are going there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Spectacular Member

Uggh. Just uggh.

Hideous generic design. I was convinced I was on the wrong site and that I had somehow been forwarded to some shitty blog by a browser hijacker.

The new logo looks like a car rental place.

Everything about this redesign screams 'basic web template'. It looks like some high school kid's first attempt at making a generic news site.

I sure hope they didn't actually pay anyone for this travesty.

All-New Member

No matter how I try, I can't be redirect to archive material. If Comics Should Be Good is gone, so am I.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    The new logo looks like a car rental place.
    I actually posted that on the CBR Facebook page image. It had like over 60 likes. Lol. Looks like they deleted it and replaced it with a slightly updated one. Had to say it again. Ahaha!
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    I actually posted that on the CBR Facebook page image. It had like over 60 likes. Lol. Looks like they deleted it and replaced it with a slightly updated one. Had to say it again. Ahaha!
    It's totally true though. It's the very first thing that springs to mind when I see it. Some scummy used car dealer that paid $10 to a kid that just learned Photoshop to make a cheap logo with no thought put into it. Absolutely hideous.

I hate to be negative...But what an unorganized mess! The layout is very uninviting and hard on the eyes.

Not sure CBR will be my go-to comic site anymore if I cant even view it without getting a headache.

All-New Member

I'm seriously amused by the fact that most of the folks here don't seem to realize that the old design was absolutely hideous, like taken straight out of a nightmare of the worst pieces of web design from 15 years ago. Same with the logo, it was HORRIBLE before though now it isn't that much better.

Also, all the talk about how the websites shouldn't cater to phones and tablets seem to be ignoring that most internet traffic anywhere comes from phones and tablets.

That said, the old site was a lot more functional than this one and easier to navigate. Everything is too big, even for mobile, and the site is just images and text without any form or order.

So I guess... props for wanting to do a responsive design, but the way it was done here isn't very good.

P.S. I always thought that the way that CBR previewed images inside of the articles (and the way it forced you to look at them on another window) was horrible, but now I'm seeing that the alternative is even worse.

P.P.S. Facebook integration on comments is the work of the devil. It was nice that the comments were made on the forums, it gave web-only visitors (which surely are waaaay more in number than the forum members) a reason to visit the forums. That's why I registered at all! That said, you guys could've at least have the decency to use Disqus. Facebook is way more shameless.

You guys should really get someone with actual talent in design.

Incredible Member

Absolutely horrendous redesign. From now on I'll be getting my news from other sites. Great job, CBR.

Just to be clear: The forums aren't going anywhere. Albert said that already further up the thread, but it seems some people missed it.

And folks, I understand some of you are disappointed with the new main page and some of the changes that come with it, and it's okay to express that disappointment. But try not to be rude and disrespectful in your criticism. This is still CBR, and we still expect people to be civil.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-24-2016 at 08:28 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

BANNED

I don't mind the new design. The old one was too busy and outdated. I thing the new logo looks too simple, though.