Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    My ride with the Ultimates continues, but I was hoping for a roster shake-up with the relaunch. That doesn't necessarily mean get rid of anyone, but giving the amount of exposition, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to reduce the cast by one person so that the writers can hone in on character development?

Speaking of more content, does Marvel still do King Size Annuals, Giant Size Annuals, Annuals period??? Maybe my memory is going, but I don't recall Ewing doing a Mighty Avengers annual, a Captain America & Mighty Avengers Annual, or an Ultimates annual. Has the format gone the way of the Dodo bird?
    Not every title does annuals, but they're still around. Spider-Man, the X-Men, and Star Wars are all getting annuals in these solicits, actually.

Getting:
    Black Panther
    Ultimates
    Spiderman 2099
    X-men'92
    Champions

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Just X-men stuff maybe since IvX and Death of X are going to be the first Marvel comic event I ever buy....probably
    In that case, my deepest sympathies.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    In that case, my deepest sympathies.
    i am like him too! XD

i've cut everything and i'm stick only on Extraordinary X-Men and Old Man Logan (that i'm both enjoying, especially Logan). I anyways plan to pick up 'Death of X' and 'Inhumans vs X-Men' (even if i don't know a single Inhuman apart of Medusa and Black Bolt) :P

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Goddamn, Carnage is still going? That's the biggest surprise here, really. One year later, and it's one of the few titles that hasn't been relaunched or cancelled... Good job Cletus! Anyway, apart from usual pull, I'm adding Thanos for sure. I might start pulling Steve Rogers and Avengers though. The former is going full on HYDRA mode (and I'm a HYDRA Lover) and the latter really intrigues me.
    I'm not saying it's not a surprise, Carnage, but biggest? Nah, that's gotta be Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. Last I saw on it's sales it should've been cancelled at issue #10, Marvel must be carrying some torch for that title for some reason.

EDIT: I just looked it up, issue #9 of MG&DD sold 10K copies but is going to at least #14??? What the hell? Black Knight gets canned but this books keeps going? Red Wolf, cancelled but a book that will surely be at 8/9K by issue #14 keeps getting published?
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 08-23-2016 at 01:35 PM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Yadda yadda other titles yadda yadda. BUT DANI MOONSTAR IS COMING BACK? yyyyessssss. I also wouldn't mind if US Avengers slowly became the New Mutants again (or make the two titles separate with New Avengers being the New Mutants as Avengers).

I trust Hopeless because he can write X-Men characters

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevil View Post
    i am like him too! XD

i've cut everything and i'm stick only on Extraordinary X-Men and Old Man Logan (that i'm both enjoying, especially Logan). I anyways plan to pick up 'Death of X' and 'Inhumans vs X-Men' (even if i don't know a single Inhuman apart of Medusa and Black Bolt) :P
    Same boat. The only books I'm getting now are Uncanny Avengers, Old Man Logan and occasionally Extraordinary X-men and Uncanny X-men (not even picking those last two up regularly). I'll be checking out IvX in November in addition to those others. That's it.

Just BLACK WIDOW and JESSICA JONES for me.

Might try out THE UNWORTHY THOR solely for the Olivier Coipel art.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm not saying it's not a surprise, Carnage, but biggest? Nah, that's gotta be Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. Last I saw on it's sales it should've been cancelled at issue #10, Marvel must be carrying some torch for that title for some reason.

EDIT: I just looked it up, issue #9 of MG&DD sold 10K copies but is going to at least #14??? What the hell? Black Knight gets canned but this books keeps going? Red Wolf, cancelled but a book that will surely be at 8/9K by issue #14 keeps getting published?
    Yes, no matter how good it is or how much you like it, you can't deny it still going on is extremly unfair to book that sold better but got cancelled way before Moongirl. So unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Yes, no matter how good it is or how much you like it, you can't deny it still going on is extremly unfair to book that sold better but got cancelled way before Moongirl. So unfair.
    There's a lot of speculation that the female-led titles, especially those aimed at the teen market, sell better digitally than physically. So perhaps this book has strong numbers there.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Will definitely be getting ASM: Renew Your Vows #1! Still not sure if ill get the Clone Conspiracy stuff as it comes out or just trade wait.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    See while I'm definitely getting this arc since it sounds awesome and we get the real Hulk in it, I'm also remaining cautiously optimistic after the most recent Pym/Ultron ending let me down. I'm really hoping that this doesn't end with the Avengers thwarting the Hand and Hulk ending up dead again.
    The Unity Squad is starting to make a bad habit of dealing with evil versions of founding Avengers...

Mockingbird has been cancelled as well and that was selling at least 5000 more copies of Moon Girl!

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Haven't they just made a recent big announcement that Moongirl is now 'officially' the smartest person on Earth? Smarter than Richards, Stark, Tchalla, Doom, McCoy, Cho, Banner (I assume when he was alive) and anybody else. Surely that was a sign that they wouldn't be cancelling her book but have big plans for her?

BANNED

Well, that is a fair observation. It's just that back in 2015, Carnage had "6 issue mini" written all over it (it was marketed as an ongoing, but come on, who bought that) and now it's well into its 14th issue. While MG&DD has awful sales, it makes headlines. Carnage had zero promotion, so I'm surprised it didn't go the way of Howling Commandos, Herc or Black Knight.